Dr. Anthony Fauci says staying closed for too long could cause ‘irreparable damage’

40 million unemployed people sure could have used this wisdom a month ago

Stay-at-home orders intended to curb the spread of the coronavirus could end up causing “irreparable damage” if imposed for too long, White House health advisor Dr. Anthony Fauci told CNBC on Friday.

“I don’t want people to think that any of us feel that staying locked down for a prolonged period of time is the way to go,” Fauci said during an interview with CNBC’s Meg Tirrell on “Halftime Report.”

A month ago today we had 38,000 new cases. Today we have 24,000. As Fauci said, the recommendations will changed with changes in the virus numbers.

The problem here is we should’ve had testing.

Testing is ridiculous actually since supposedly the Kung Flu can be acquired by breathing an infected person's fart (or whatever Fraudi alleges this week) right after a test.

The buffoon who came up with that lame image does not have the presidents in order and he forgot Slick Willie. Besides it is an ad hominem. Tiny Tony Fraudi did not do shit except expand the corruption of the Deep State medical establishment by funding the Chinese lab the Kung Flu came from for example. Being tied in with the W.H.O., Bill Gates' money laundering foundations, etc. The Fraud is apparently happiest hanging out with Crooked Hillary and Nancy "Loose Dentures" Pelosi celebrating the money (progress) they have made on his effort to find a vaccine for HIV/AIDS for the past 40 years or so.
Testing is critically important. Without adequate testing we can't effectively trace and quarantine contacts. If we had sufficient testing, tracking, and quarantining during the first two months of the pandemic in the US, there would have been only a minor impact on the economy. Other countries like South Korea that did extensive testing in the first few months of the pandemic reduced their new cases by 90% in a month.

Testing is ridiculous actually since supposedly the Kung Flu can be acquired by breathing an infected person's fart (or whatever Fraudi alleges this week) right after a test.

The buffoon who came up with that lame image does not have the presidents in order and he forgot Slick Willie. Besides it is an ad hominem. Tiny Tony Fraudi did not do shit except expand the corruption of the Deep State medical establishment by funding the Chinese lab the Kung Flu came from for example. Being tied in with the W.H.O., Bill Gates' money laundering foundations, etc. The Fraud is apparently happiest hanging out with Crooked Hillary and Nancy "Loose Dentures" Pelosi celebrating the money (progress) they have made on his effort to find a vaccine for HIV/AIDS for the past 40 years or so.
Testing is critically important. Without adequate testing we can't effectively trace and quarantine contacts. If we had sufficient testing, tracking, and quarantining during the first two months of the pandemic in the US, there would have been only a minor impact on the economy. Other countries like South Korea that did extensive testing in the first few months of the pandemic reduced their new cases by 90% in a month.
Move

Stay-at-home orders intended to curb the spread of the coronavirus could end up causing “irreparable damage” if imposed for too long, White House health advisor Dr. Anthony Fauci told CNBC on Friday.

“I don’t want people to think that any of us feel that staying locked down for a prolonged period of time is the way to go,” Fauci said during an interview with CNBC’s Meg Tirrell on “Halftime Report.”

Yea...but what does prolonged mean to him?

To you it means NOW

I suspect that is NOT what HE means

Well obviously. Unfortunately we wasted our last two months, as the federal government did jack shit to out a testing program in place.

So basically now we are fucked.

When old people tested positive in NY, Gov Cuomo sent then back to their nursing home.

The dang virus is gonna run it's course no matter how many times you test people

Get back to me when you can stop the common cold.

That was the whole point of the Obama funded Wuhan Flu! To make it an economic weapon of mass destruction

Dr. Anthony Fauci says staying closed for too long could cause ‘irreparable damage’

He’s right. People are going to look at other people and see lepers and they’re gonna be scared.

The problem here is we should’ve had testing. We’ve had around 12 million tests so far? We should’ve had 100 million tests so far. Trump knew about this from January according to intelligence briefings and we’ve only had 12 million test at the end of May? This is should be a crime. So instead of testing, what do Republicans do? They attack Dr. Fauci. What the hell?

Actually; he's not a buffoon; he just plays one on TV. He's mostly just criticizes Trump at every turn; beyond that, he's not of much use. That he's served in an administrative role for 40 years doesn't demonstrate expertise; it demonstrates that he's just a deep-state, professional government worker. He probably was once better at medicine than he is today but that's gone.

I used to be the best object C# programmer I knew - and I knew a lot of C# programmers. I've been working as a software architect and then supervisor and then data analyst and then supervisor again for so long that I recently declined a great opportunity to interview for a C# developer because I knew I couldn't keep up. I've just done too many other things since then.

So, Fauci might be a great administrator and he might be a great budgeter and planner and run one hell of a meeting. But he doesn't know shit about medicine or science anymore.

Proof of his hypocrisy is in his immediate challenges to Trump on hydroxychloroquine, calling the field experience of thousands of doctors just anecdotal (which it was, which doesn't make the experience wrong). He repeatedly criticized it for not having a double-blind, randomized, peer-reviewed, published study - as though patients who were dying had time to wait for that. Then, when the patented remdesivir came into the picture, he was all over cable TV talking about how promising it was - without having a single double-blind, randomized, peer-reviewed, published study. He killed people by giving aid and comfort to those politicians who decided to play doctor by banning a drug proven safe by literally over a billion doses prescribed and then proved it was all a farce when the Gilead patented drug came into the picture.
Fauci, is the nation's leading expert on infectious diseases and medical advisor to 6 presidents. He has received numerous awards for research into HIV. His research and development of treatments in rheumatology have been described as the most important in 20 years. He has has been involved with every epidemic over the past 40 years and has even treated Ebola patients in Africa. His reputation among his peers is that of a straight shooter that is not afraid to take issue with any president which he has done not only with Trump but Obama and others all the way back Reagan.

He’s right. People are going to look at other people and see lepers and they’re gonna be scared.

The problem here is we should’ve had testing. We’ve had around 12 million tests so far? We should’ve had 100 million tests so far. Trump knew about this from January according to intelligence briefings and we’ve only had 12 million test at the end of May? This is should be a crime. So instead of testing, what do Republicans do? They attack Dr. Fauci. What the hell?

Actually; he's not a buffoon; he just plays one on TV. He's mostly just criticizes Trump at every turn; beyond that, he's not of much use. That he's served in an administrative role for 40 years doesn't demonstrate expertise; it demonstrates that he's just a deep-state, professional government worker. He probably was once better at medicine than he is today but that's gone.

I used to be the best object C# programmer I knew - and I knew a lot of C# programmers. I've been working as a software architect and then supervisor and then data analyst and then supervisor again for so long that I recently declined a great opportunity to interview for a C# developer because I knew I couldn't keep up. I've just done too many other things since then.

So, Fauci might be a great administrator and he might be a great budgeter and planner and run one hell of a meeting. But he doesn't know shit about medicine or science anymore.

Proof of his hypocrisy is in his immediate challenges to Trump on hydroxychloroquine, calling the field experience of thousands of doctors just anecdotal (which it was, which doesn't make the experience wrong). He repeatedly criticized it for not having a double-blind, randomized, peer-reviewed, published study - as though patients who were dying had time to wait for that. Then, when the patented remdesivir came into the picture, he was all over cable TV talking about how promising it was - without having a single double-blind, randomized, peer-reviewed, published study. He killed people by giving aid and comfort to those politicians who decided to play doctor by banning a drug proven safe by literally over a billion doses prescribed and then proved it was all a farce when the Gilead patented drug came into the picture.
Fauci, is the nation's leading expert on infectious diseases and medical advisor to 6 presidents. He has received numerous awards for research into HIV. His research and development of treatments in rheumatology have been described as the most important in 20 years. He has has been involved with every epidemic over the past 40 years and has even treated Ebola patients in Africa. His reputation among his peers is that of a straight shooter that is not afraid to take issue with any president which he has done not only with Trump but Obama and others all the way back Reagan.
SO.............they were way off on this one..............and they screwed up the test kits from the onset............

Incompetence can happen even if they have been giving blow jobs to politicians for decades.

From what I saw, he's a fucking weasel

The dang virus is gonna run it's course no matter how many times you test people

Get back to me when you can stop the common cold.
Yes, it will runs it's course, which means having enough people with antibodies in their system via being infected or thru a vaccine so their are no available hosts. The purpose of controlling a virus is to reduce the number of cases and deaths while a vaccine is being developed.

SO.............they were way off on this one..............and they screwed up the test kits from the onset............

Incompetence can happen even if they have been giving blow jobs to politicians for decades.
The people developing the test in the CDC weren't incompetent. In fact, they are some of the best in world. However, regardless how competent they may be, if the nation is not prepared to deal with the epidemic; that is, there is insufficient supplies to create test kits, insufficient reagents for processing them, and insufficient PPEs for labs doing the processing, and no management and coordination with other agencies and the states then we end up with 97,000 dead and 1.6 million cases after 3 months that still increasing with no end in sight.

The people developing the test in the CDC weren't incompetent. In fact, they are some of the best in world. However, regardless how competent they may be, if the nation is not prepared to deal with the epidemic; that is, there is insufficient supplies to create test kits, insufficient reagents for processing them, and insufficient PPEs for labs doing the processing, and no management and coordination with other agencies and the states then we end up with 97,000 dead and 1.6 million cases after 3 months that still increasing with no end in sight.
There initial test kits FAILED BRO.............How the fuck is that COMPETENT............it is private labs that did the real testing here..................the CDC sent the tests and they DIDN'T WORK.............

Career federal workers who FUCKED UP.........in the PRIVATE WORLD they would have had their asses FIRED.

Well obviously. Unfortunately we wasted our last two months, as the federal government did jack shit to out a testing program in place.

When old people tested positive in NY, Gov Cuomo sent then back to their nursing home.
That's happened in a number of states. The problem is there was just no other place to put them. Old people who are sick with a very contagious disease need a lot of of specialized care in a facility that can isolate them and provide that care. Families either can't or won't take them and neither will other nursing homes and if the hospitals are full treating more seriously ill people then they have to go back where they came from. This not just a New York problem.

That's happened in a number of states. The problem is there was just no other place to put them. Old people who are sick with a very contagious disease need a lot of of specialized care in a facility that can isolate them and provide that care. Families either can't or won't take them and neither will other nursing homes and if the hospitals are full treating more seriously ill people then they have to go back where they came from. This not just a New York problem.
Hospitals have been laying off across the country do to the lack of elective surgeries...........

Only in a few places like New York did they get hit. but NOT OVERWHELMED...........many beds built and manned by the military NOT USED.........They didn't run out of ventilators.......which is almost a death sentence anyways..............

The country NEVER SHOULD HAVE BEEN SHUT DOWN..............PERIOD............we have SCREWED OUR COUNTRY over this stupid CHICOM VIRUS.

The lie in everything you say is that you blame Trump for all the things that weren't there and not Fauci. It was Fauci's job to be prepared for the next pandemic.

Dr Fauci told this to CNBC:

“I have to wake up in the morning and literally, without being facetious, ask my wife, ‘What day is it?’”⁠

“I get up around five o’clock in the morning, and I usually wind up running downstairs, getting a quick breakfast, and looking at a thousand emails—literally a thousand,” he said.

Hospitals have been laying off across the country do to the lack of elective surgeries...........

Only in a few places like New York did they get hit. but NOT OVERWHELMED...........many beds built and manned by the military NOT USED.........They didn't run out of ventilators.......which is almost a death sentence anyways..............

The country NEVER SHOULD HAVE BEEN SHUT DOWN..............PERIOD............we have SCREWED OUR COUNTRY over this stupid CHICOM VIRUS.
Hospitals today are in a far different world than they were a month or so ago. Stay at home orders and shutting down most of the economy has reduced the number of hospitalizations radically in our largest cities over the last two months. 20 states which include the hardest hit cities have seen reductions as high as 22%.

Medical layoffs will be short lived because elective procedures and medical followups are already on the rise. Yesterdays I schedule one medical procedure, two doctor appointments, and a dental appointment. The earliest available appointment was the middle of June. Most of my appointments are in July. If Covid 19 cases sharply increase in the fall as many expect as American throw away their masks and try to return to their life prior to covid 19, hospitals will once again see skyrocketing admissions. Hopefully, they will be better prepared than last March.

A lot of people don't understand that just having hospital beds available does not mean the hospital can accept covid 19 patients. The rooms have to be converted to private rooms. There has to be sufficient room for staff, equipment and electrical capacity for a lot of medical equipment such as defibrillators, patient monitors, surgical tables, EKGs, anesthesia machines, sterilizers, lights, ultrasounds, and electrosurgical units, blanket/fluid warmers, etc. However, the most difficult modification is equipping the room with negative air pressure ventilation. If it's not built in to the room then portable negative air pressure ventilation equipment is required. A local hospital in my area has 500 beds but only 50 can handle Covid 19 patients.

Last edited:
We’ve tested more than enough. 1 out of every 8.5 people tested are positive and and 1.5% of those 1 out 8.5 people (12.5%) have it serious to critical with a high probability of dying
So 1.5% of 12.5% is so small they dont make a number for it. 14 million from all over the place isn’t enough. Bullshit but it’s a wonderful way to foot drag and tread water and try to find a way to pass the buck in restoring freedom and reopenung.

The lie in everything you say is that you blame Trump for all the things that weren't there and not Fauci. It was Fauci's job to be prepared for the next pandemic.
As in most major national epidemics, the medical advisors and the nations's leadership are going to be at odds. Facui's opinion is based on scientific data and the president's opinion is based on economic data. Without a vaccine, we can not win the fight against the virus and also have any degree of economic prosperity. To win one fight, you lose the other. The best possible solution is what we have right now a president pushing the country toward economic recovery and a medical advisor voicing words of caution and a slow opening of the country. If we achieve the right balance of increased economic activity while embarrassing preventive measures then we may just be able prevent and economic collapse and a medical disaster.

The president recognizes the need for medical advice. If not he would have fired Fauci a month ago. Fauci provides a check value that serves to limit the president enthusiasm toward opening up the country to fast. It also gives Trump someone else to blame if the economy does not show the kind of improvement he needs in the election.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back