Downloading an app (for dummies like me)

TheParser

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2017
1. I recently wanted to become a member of a new ride-sharing service.

2. When I told them that I had only a flip phone, they very politely told me to get lost. They said that flip phones cannot download their app (whatever an "app" is!!!).

3. I am so old (84) and computer illiterate that I do not know the answer to this question: Is it possible to
download an app to my desktop computer? Then maybe I could use that ride sharing service.

Thanks!

2. When I told them that I had only a flip phone, they very politely told me to get lost. They said that flip phones cannot download their app (whatever an "app" is!!!).

3. I am so old (84) and computer illiterate that I do not know the answer to this question: Is it possible to
download an app to my desktop computer? Then maybe I could use that ride sharing service.

Thanks!
What's the app name? I can guide you.

Thanks!

Uber has a desktop app.

Thanks to all who offered help.

I hesitate to name the company, lest it break some rule about free advertising for some particular company.

I will try to get a neighbor to sit at my side and direct this dummy on what to do.

Thanks again for your kindness.

TheParser
I think aps are best suited for smart phones
Just buy an older Apple one and dig in
It’s not bad
You can then download the aps from the App Store icon

Go to Apple store and buy an older model
Maybe 500 ?? I don’t know

You can download music
Search the net
You can text folks

Ride shares almost always require a smart phone for a number of reasons.
1) So the pick up driver can see your exact location
2) For payment
3) For pick up location other than your home
Etc.
My mother is 81 and still has a flip phone. She tried someone else's iPhone but just couldn't get it.
There really should be a smart phone with much easier interface for older folks. Or maybe there is?

There really should be a smart phone with much easier interface for older folks. Or maybe there is?
Jitterbug is the one they promote for old folks

But if you can use a desktop computer, you'll have no problem with a smartphone. Once you learn you'll wonder how you ever got along without it

They said that flip phones cannot download their app (whatever an "app" is!!!).
"App" is short for "application."
It just means a "software" you install on your smartphone for a specific application. In this case, to communicate with your ride sharing service

Forum List

Back