Dow Hits 36,000! Profits soaring!!

It will be a long time before he even hits bottom.
The stock market has become a pump and dump.

Nope, we are pretty close now.

I do not need any money that is in the market for at least 10 years.

Even after the 08 crash it was back in just a tad over 2 years.

So, I will enjoy gaining extra shares for the same money and looking for those diamond in the rough bargains.

You though should keep all your money in your mattress.

Nope, we are pretty close now.

I do not need any money that is in the market for at least 10 years.

Even after the 08 crash it was back in just a tad over 2 years.

So, I will enjoy gaining extra shares for the same money and looking for those diamond in the rough bargains.

You though should keep all your money in your mattress.
You said this before. I'm more or less in the same boat. I have eight years to retirement as a teacher, and even then I'll likely be able to let my 403b keep growing and live off TRS, social security which I paid into long enough to "double dip," and a little side hustle playing poker. I'm happy that I'm buying cheaper stocks and I am confident that they will grow again and I may personally be in better shape than even if Trump had stayed in office this whole time.

But there are plenty of people who are retired right now and count on their 401k, etc, to live above the poverty line. Seeing such a large percent of their scrimped for savings sacrificed to whatever the goals are of the Democratic Party is disheartening and frightening. Biden has more than two more years to continue with that process, and he shows no sign of stopping.

It will drive them to the polls in a couple of months, and again in 2024. I hope that by then, you will see the need to stop the destruction of the economy by putting either Trump or DeSantis in the White House. Trump's advocacy of de-regulation allowed the economy to grow, since companies no longer needed to fear being suddenly put out of business by fiat.

You said this before. I'm more or less in the same boat. I have eight years to retirement as a teacher, and even then I'll likely be able to let my 403b keep growing and live off TRS, social security which I paid into long enough to "double dip," and a little side hustle playing poker. I'm happy that I'm buying cheaper stocks and I am confident that they will grow again and I may personally be in better shape than even if Trump had stayed in office this whole time.

But there are plenty of people who are retired right now and count on their 401k, etc, to live above the poverty line. Seeing such a large percent of their scrimped for savings sacrificed to whatever the goals are of the Democratic Party is disheartening and frightening. Biden has more than two more years to continue with that process, and he shows no sign of stopping.

It will drive them to the polls in a couple of months, and again in 2024. I hope that by then, you will see the need to stop the destruction of the economy by putting either Trump or DeSantis in the White House. Trump's advocacy of de-regulation allowed the economy to grow, since companies no longer needed to fear being suddenly put out of business by fiat.

Recession happen, in this country they are built in to the system. Not counting the mini-COVID recession we were way past due for one. This would have happened no matter who won in Nov, it was they say "inevitable".

In 2024 I will vote for the nominee from the Libertarian Party like I have done for since 2000.

Removing the duopoly is the only hope the country has, but you and those like you will never not vote for your beloved party, so we each just have to make the best for ourselves as we can.

Recession happen, in this country they are built in to the system. Not counting the mini-COVID recession we were way past due for one. This would have happened no matter who won in Nov, it was they say "inevitable".
LoL! Yeah, they say that as soon as a Democrat crashes the economy.
In 2024 I will vote for the nominee from the Libertarian Party like I have done for since 2000.
Yet, on here, you do little but defend Democratic politicians and Democratic policies.
Removing the duopoly is the only hope the country has, but you and those like you will never not vote for your beloved party, so we each just have to make the best for ourselves as we can.
Which party is my beloved party that I will never not vote for? I voted for that tax-and-spend "Libertarian" fool Gary Johnson in 2016. I had no confidence that Trump would do anything except be a thorn in the side of the GOP. Much as I enjoyed that show, I doubted that he would be elected and doubted more that he would do anything other than roll over for Democrats the way Republicans do.

By 2020, it was clear that Trump was a lot of talk, but not all talk, which put him leaps and bounds ahead of other Republicans.

I pray someday that the U.S. will be a libertarian democratic republic. But given the Democrats and non-Trump Republicans we have in charge, I fear that it will soon be neither democratic, nor a republic (assuming you know the difference between a democratic republic and the Democrats and Republicans).

LoL! Yeah, they say that as soon as a Democrat crashes the economy.

I have been saying that as long as I have been on this forum and well beyond that. Unlike you all, I do not change my views based upon who is sitting in the White House.

Yet, on here, you do little but defend Democratic politicians and Democratic policies.

Nope. You think not agreeing with Trump equals defending Democratic politicians and Democratic policies...but that is just not the case.

I pray someday that the U.S. will be a libertarian democratic republic.

Trump is no closer to being a libertarian than Biden.

I have been saying that as long as I have been on this forum and well beyond that. Unlike you all, I do not change my views based upon who is sitting in the White House.

Nope. You think not agreeing with Trump equals defending Democratic politicians and Democratic policies...but that is just not the case.
Defending the DNC/DOJ/FBI in their actions at Mar-a-Lago, and their open border policies is extremely pro-Democratic Party. Pro-their most extreme policies, in fact.
Trump is no closer to being a libertarian than Biden.
No, he is not. But at least we had a strong economy and a border moving toward being secure under Trump, statist bastard that he is.

Defending the DNC/DOJ/FBI in their actions at Mar-a-Lago,

I have not done that, I have said we do not know yet if the search was valid or not. We have not been given enough information to make that determination.

and their open border policies is extremely pro-Democratic Party.

link?

No, he is not. But at least we had a strong economy and a border moving toward being secure under Trump, statist bastard that he is.

We had a economy being kept up longer than it should have been with tax cuts and increased government spending.

Was the border really moving towards secure? Trump ignored his first two years when his party controlled all of Congress....why is that?

I have not done that, I have said we do not know yet if the search was valid or not. We have not been given enough information to make that determination.
A reasonable and non-partisan person can compare the DOJ's treatment of Hillary's bathroom server and Trump's de-classified documents and see the difference. The DOJ negotiated with Hillary and allowed her to tell them what they would get and what not. She was essentially her own special master. No raid either. Do you know what happened to the server on which she stored tens of thousands of classified documents? We sure know what happened to the hundred or so documents marked classied that Trump had.

Do you criticise the disparate treatment? If not, you are pro-Democrat Party.

State your position, I'm not playing the guessing game. If you don't state your position, I will assume the worst.

1664662839121.png

Maybe I'm wrong. State your position on the border, and if I was wrong in assuming you support the current open border, I'll acknowlege it. Don't state your position and I'll assume the worst.
We had a economy being kept up longer than it should have been with tax cuts and increased government spending.
I said he is a statist bastard.
Was the border really moving towards secure?
It was moving in that direction, much more so than under Biden.

Negotiating the stay-in-Mexico policy to the benefit of both the U.S. and Mexico was an incredible achievment that Biden flushed down the proverbial toilet. Also great was requiring criminal aliens to be incarcerated and not giving them a pass because of them also smuggling children - known by The Party as "the family separation policy." It was a deterrent to the most expensive to provide services for and least valuable to the economy illegal - families with several children

Biden welcomes all kinds of illegals, welfare seekers, drug smugglers, gangs, human traffickers and those who seek to compete with Americans for unskilled jobs. How do you feel about that?
Trump ignored his first two years when his party controlled all of Congress....why is that?
He did not construct his wall as he should have, but I disagree that he ignored immigration.

Still, he did not do nearly enough. For once he allowed the wailing and gnashing of teeth of the Democratic Party and their cheerleaders in the media to sway him. His biggest mistake. It might have cost him the election even without the cheating.

Oh . . . please state your position on ballot harvesting. If not, etc . . .

A reasonable and non-partisan person can compare the DOJ's treatment of Hillary's bathroom server and Trump's de-classified documents and see the difference. The DOJ negotiated with Hillary and allowed her to tell them what they would get and what not. She was essentially her own special master. No raid either. Do you know what happened to the server on which she stored tens of thousands of classified documents? We sure know what happened to the hundred or so documents marked classied that Trump had.

Do you criticise the disparate treatment? If not, you are pro-Democrat Party.

State your position, I'm not playing the guessing game. If you don't state your position, I will assume the worst.

I have stated my position on Hillary 1000 times on here, probably 20 times to you alone. Hillary should be in jail, they were wrong to not go after her.

But that has ZERO impact on the Trump case. If a cop lets someone going 100 MPH go by and stops you for going 75, guess what, pointing out the guy going faster does not change your guilt.

I have stated my position on Hillary 1000 times on here, probably 20 times to you alone. Hillary should be in jail, they were wrong to not go after her.

But that has ZERO impact on the Trump case. If a cop lets someone going 100 MPH go by and stops you for going 75, guess what, pointing out the guy going faster does not change your guilt.
It sure does. Never hear of precedent?

Going 100 miles per hour amounts to reckless driving, while going 75 is just five miles over the speed limit and most likely keeping up with the flow of traffic for safety.

To get away from that poor analogy, Clinton had tens of thousands of actually classified documents and Trump had - at most - 100. If they turn out to be the Crossfire Hurricane documents that he declassified in writing, then he had zero even arguably classified documents. He had declassified documents that documented the DNC/DOJ/FBI scheme to sway the presidentia election in 2016.

No mystery whe the raid took place if that was the case.

Back to your analogy, If the police let the first driver go and gleefully stop, ticket, and impound the car of the second, while prosecutors try for seven years to find something to put the 75 MPG guy in prison, it doesn't take a genius to see something is wrong with that picture. Doesn't even take a cheeseburger. A dry bologna sandwich could see the problem.

How the DOJ/FBI treats one political figure differently than another is absolutely relevant to discussign the Mar-a-Lago raid and the DOJ/FBI in general.

I'm glad that you belatedly recognize that Hillary was wrong, but I disagree with your statement that she should be in jail. She worked closely under Barack Obama and there is no way he did not know about her classified information server. He was the president and if he was cool with it, no crime.

The answer is for us not to elect such corrupt individuals. There should be no reason that we cannot elect a reasonable person who openly works to make America great. Unfortunately reasonable people who want to make America great are attacked without mercy by the DNC/MSM and nearly always frightened off. So we are left with Republicans whose only goal is to comprimise with Democrats at every turn.

It was only Trump's willingness to laugh off their attacks that allowed him to be nominated over the large field of DIABL* candidates. No typical person could withstand that kind of abuse.

*Democrat in All But Label

Companies are making profits right now and Wall Street sure likes that. I remember how much of a barometer the stock market was to measure a President’s success over the last several years. When will you conservatives start enjoying a growing economy?

Dow Average Touches 36,000 Buoyed by Earnings: Markets Wrap
Stocks Pare Gains Amid Earnings, Fed Taper Outlook: Markets Wrap

Stocks rose toward another record amid earnings surprises and optimism the recovery in the world’s largest economy is on track.

The Dow Jones Industrial Average touched the 36,000 level. The S&P 500 climbed for a third day, led by commodity, retail and financial companies. The tech-heavy Nasdaq 100 underperformed. Treasuries fell.

More than 80% of S&P 500 companies reporting third-quarter results have beaten Wall Street estimates, according to data compiled by Bloomberg. That has laid the groundwork for a nearly 6% gain in the equity benchmark since the season began on Oct. 13 -- the best performance over a comparable period since 2014.

Ouch!

That didn't age well.

It sure does. Never hear of precedent?

One incident does not set precedent.

To get away from that poor analogy, Clinton had tens of thousands of actually classified documents and Trump had - at most - 100. If they turn out to be the Crossfire Hurricane documents that he declassified in writing, then he had zero even arguably classified documents. He had declassified documents that documented the DNC/DOJ/FBI scheme to sway the presidentia election in 2016.

What those documents were matters more than how many. 1000 Confidential documents could do far less harm than one TSI.

No mystery whe the raid took place if that was the case.

If that was the case then Trump was again his own worst enemy as he had 560 plus days to release those document to We The People and choose not to.

I'm glad that you belatedly recognize that Hillary was wrong, but I disagree with your statement that she should be in jail.

There is nothing belated about it, I have said it since then and about 1000 times on this forum. Your ignorance of my post is not my problem.

She worked closely under Barack Obama and there is no way he did not know about her classified information server. He was the president and if he was cool with it, no crime.

Nope, if I had done what she did I would be in jail, so she should as well.

The answer is for us not to elect such corrupt individuals.

That is a great answer. When will you stop voting for such corrupt individuals?

There should be no reason that we cannot elect a reasonable person who openly works to make America great.

Because we have not had one of those people as the nominee for a major party in more than 100 years.

I hope the Red Wave DOES hit in November. That means my gold and silver will go back up in value.
As of last week, they are worth $10 less for each piece than when I bought them in 2021.

If the Dow jumps again and the market stablizes for a while next year, then they will go back to normal.......hopefully more.

Forum List

Back