Dow Hits 36,000! Profits soaring!!

citygator

Posting From Hunters Laptop
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 23, 2019
Charlotte
Companies are making profits right now and Wall Street sure likes that. I remember how much of a barometer the stock market was to measure a President’s success over the last several years. When will you conservatives start enjoying a growing economy?

Dow Average Touches 36,000 Buoyed by Earnings: Markets Wrap
Stocks Pare Gains Amid Earnings, Fed Taper Outlook: Markets Wrap

Stocks rose toward another record amid earnings surprises and optimism the recovery in the world’s largest economy is on track.

The Dow Jones Industrial Average touched the 36,000 level. The S&P 500 climbed for a third day, led by commodity, retail and financial companies. The tech-heavy Nasdaq 100 underperformed. Treasuries fell.

More than 80% of S&P 500 companies reporting third-quarter results have beaten Wall Street estimates, according to data compiled by Bloomberg. That has laid the groundwork for a nearly 6% gain in the equity benchmark since the season began on Oct. 13 -- the best performance over a comparable period since 2014.

Companies are making profits right now and Wall Street sure likes that. I remember how much of a barometer the stock market was to measure a President’s success over the last several years. When will you conservatives start enjoying a growing economy?

Stocks rose toward another record amid earnings surprises and optimism the recovery in the world’s largest economy is on track.

The Dow Jones Industrial Average touched the 36,000 level. The S&P 500 climbed for a third day, led by commodity, retail and financial companies. The tech-heavy Nasdaq 100 underperformed. Treasuries fell.

More than 80% of S&P 500 companies reporting third-quarter results have beaten Wall Street estimates, according to data compiled by Bloomberg. That has laid the groundwork for a nearly 6% gain in the equity benchmark since the season began on Oct. 13 -- the best performance over a comparable period since 2014.
glad to hear the rich elites are getting richer while us bottom feeders get poorer,,

Inflation! Ain’t it great?

Wall Street Journal is reluctantly celebrating.

The Dow Jones Industrial Average briefly jumped above 36000 Monday morning, hitting 36009.74 in the first 15 minutes of trading. It was up about 0.4% later in the morning, to about 35946.

If the index closes above 36,000, it will be the Dow’s sixth 1,000-point milestone of the year, the most in a single year on record. In January, the Dow closed above 31,000 for the first time.

I don’t see too much concern creeping into the market and that’s because earnings season has been a pretty strong one and most companies are seeing strong demand,” said Seema Shah, chief strategist at Principal Global Investors.

Could it be true that partisans on both sides are total hypocrites?
It’s not a both sides discussion. You can’t be paying attention to nuance.

For 8 years Republicans claimed the economy sucked under Obama, then it was amazing under Trump and now they claim it sucks again.

For 4 years Democrats recognized the economy was doing well under Trump, they just disputed that it was because of Trumps actions to fix Obama’s terrible economy.

Once the economy plummeted under the shut downs democrats reflected a realistic negative attitude that is rebounding now while republicans felt more positive with a shit economy being shut down but at least their guy was in office. It’s nucking futs.

Market go's up market go's down. People stuck looking to blame the other party for everything use the market, gas prices, any and all negatives. So much easier than the hard work of looking for solutions.

It’s not a both sides discussion. You can’t be paying attention to nuance.

For 8 years Republicans claimed the economy sucked under Obama, then it was amazing under Trump and now they claim it sucks again.

For 4 years Democrats recognized the economy was doing well under Trump, they just disputed that it was because of Trumps actions to fix Obama’s terrible economy.

Once the economy plummeted under the shut downs democrats reflected a realistic negative attitude that is rebounding now while republicans felt more positive with a shit economy being shut down but at least their guy was in office. It’s nucking futs.
I think partisans give the president waaaaay too much credit and blame for economic conditions. Economy was good under Obama, not particularly because of Obama… it was good under Trump for the first three years and then crashed, not particularly because of Trump… and now it’s rebounding under Biden but we have a long way to go and to be honest stock market value is low on my priority list which is why Biden is smartly not boasting about it like Trump did on the daily

I think partisans give the president waaaaay too much credit and blame for economic conditions. Economy was good under Obama, not particularly because of Obama… it was good under Trump for the first three years and then crashed, not particularly because of Trump… and now it’s rebounding under Biden but we have a long way to go and to be honest stock market value is low on my priority list which is why Biden is smartly not boasting about it like Trump did on the daily
I agree with everything you said. However I will again submit that the cognitive dissonance of thinking the economy sucks based on who is in office is a Republican issue. Democrats will point out not everyone wins with a good economy as you can see in wealth consolidation at the top but they won’t say it’s a terrible economy when it’s not.

glad to hear the rich elites are getting richer while us bottom feeders get poorer,,

then you should pull yourself up by your bootstraps and get off the bottom. This is America, the land of opportunity. Just today we were told if you are poor in this country is is 100% by choice.

Interesting I remember others telling us how the stock market wasn’t a true reflection of how the economy was doing during that same timeframe.

Welcome to partisanship 101.

If your guy is in the White House the stock markets going up is 100% his doing and shows he is amazing.

If your guy is not in the White House the POTUS has nothing to do with the market going up and every single down day is his fault.

Welcome to partisanship 101.

If your guy is in the White House the stock markets going up is 100% his doing and shows he is amazing.

If your guy is not in the White House the POTUS has nothing to do with the market going up and every single down day is his fault.
Not true. I stated in this thread why your statement is false.

New Topics

Forum List

Back