DOW continues plunge, goodbye 23000

This should have happened 2-3 years ago.

A bubble is a bubble is a bubble...

If you kept your powder dry, it is going to be time to buy.

The DOW closed at 19,804.72 Jan 19th, 2017 which was President Barack Hussein Obama last day in office.

The market closed at 7,550.29 on his first day.

And what was the Fed Reserve rate for at least 6 years of his regime..."0"to 1/2%.....DemonRATS are math geniuses!.....ROTFLMFAO!

Your point?
You're too stupid to even understand this!

Sure, your asserting that a low Fed rate caused economic expansion under Obama and a near tripling of the market.

While a modest rise in them because of economic activity is causing the the market to tank under a giant comb over.

Pass that buck truman.

The DOW closed at 19,804.72 Jan 19th, 2017 which was President Barack Hussein Obama last day in office.

And what was the Fed Reserve rate for at least 6 years of his regime..."0"to 1/2%.....DemonRATS are math geniuses!.....ROTFLMFAO!

Your point?

Sure, your asserting that a low Fed rate caused economic expansion under Obama and a near tripling of the market.

While a modest rise in them because of economic activity is causing the the market to tank under a giant comb over.

Pass that buck truman.

Feds announced they are reassessing future rate hikes. They mentioned market turmoil

Your point?

Pass that buck truman.
Dumbest thing you have said in a week...and that is saying something!

The Trump shit show is in full gear.

You guys said this was Obama's economy, remember? In fact, Obama even said it was.

Obama takes credit for Donald Trump’s ‘economic miracles’: ‘Remember who started it’

DOW 10,000 this time next year..if we're lucky.

Translation - "Dear World, I know jack shit about the stock market or economics and I want to embarrass myself before you by making stupid, uninformed comments on the Internet. Sincerely, Johnlaw"

Your point?

Pass that buck truman.

I stand by my assessment.

Your point?

Pass that buck truman.

I stand by my assessment.
You also stand with Marx,...nothing new!

Do you get the feeling that the crazy left feels good when bad things happen to the U.S. these days? We should have PTSD counseling available to crazy democrats.

5 years ago the market was in the mid-14,000 territory.
Did I miss something? Are we in a depression? WTF?
Where was the Dow Jones when Obama took office?

BY JOHN JAGERSON

Updated Dec 19, 2018

When President Obama took office on Jan. 20, 2009, the Dow Jones Industrial Average (DJIA) continued its credit crisis slump and fell to 7,550.29, the lowest inaugural performance for the Dow since its creation in 1896. The S&P 500 and the Nasdaq took similar hits on inauguration day, dropping 5.3 percent and 5.8 percent, respectively, and fourth quarter earnings reports were on track to drop more than 20 percent compared to the same quarter the previous year.
<more>

Bank stocks had been hit prior to Obama taking office, and the selling continued the day he was sworn in, with the banking sector in general declining by 30 percent. Bank of America Corporation (BAC) dropped 29 percent, and Citigroup Inc. (C) sank 20 percent.

While the economic backslide may have seemed to indicate that the American public was less than confident in their newly elected president, the dip was, instead, widely credited to a continued lack of confidence in the failing economy left behind by the previous administration. The market found a bottom in March 2009 and entered one of the longest bull marketsin history.

BY JOHN JAGERSON

Updated Dec 19, 2018

When President Obama took office on Jan. 20, 2009, the Dow Jones Industrial Average (DJIA) continued its credit crisis slump and fell to 7,550.29, the lowest inaugural performance for the Dow since its creation in 1896. The S&P 500 and the Nasdaq took similar hits on inauguration day, dropping 5.3 percent and 5.8 percent, respectively, and fourth quarter earnings reports were on track to drop more than 20 percent compared to the same quarter the previous year.
<more>

Bank stocks had been hit prior to Obama taking office, and the selling continued the day he was sworn in, with the banking sector in general declining by 30 percent. Bank of America Corporation (BAC) dropped 29 percent, and Citigroup Inc. (C) sank 20 percent.

While the economic backslide may have seemed to indicate that the American public was less than confident in their newly elected president, the dip was, instead, widely credited to a continued lack of confidence in the failing economy left behind by the previous administration. The market found a bottom in March 2009 and entered one of the longest bull marketsin history.

It was so clever of Obama to design his economic policies so that the bulk of our economic growth would occur in the following Republican administration.

BY JOHN JAGERSON

Updated Dec 19, 2018

<more>

It was so clever of Obama to design his economic policies so that the bulk of our economic growth would occur in the following Republican administration.
Trump is teaching you how to think.

Trump is teaching you how to think.

No, dear ideologue, I learned how to think critically for myself decades ago.

You are just so simplistic in your world view that everyone who disagrees with your ideology and defends Trump equates to a 'Trumpster', lol.

There are a few things I think Trump is not doing well and is even possibly doing some harm.

But he is addressing so many long-festering problems that our Political Class has tried to milk for generations that I will gladly accept his short-comings for the skill he has in solving real world problems.

His ability to make the liberal Establishment look like a bunch of fools is just icing on the proverbial cake.

Forum List

Back