“Doug Jones’s problem”: African American voters not energized by Alabama’s U.S. Senate race

They should. Democrats haven't done anything for blacks, except for keeping then poor and dependent on government handouts.
What Party has done anything for Blacks?

The Party of Captain Jack. :laugh:

They should. Democrats haven't done anything for blacks, except for keeping then poor and dependent on government handouts.

Who's that painfully ugly brunette?

Not the republicans. This ain't the 1860's as I always get told by you racists when its time for you to take responsibility for what you have gotten because of slavery. If you were not there then you were not there when the Lincoln signed the EP. Johnson signed the civil rights act in my lifetime and he was a democrat. That gave us freedom we did not have regardless of what Lincoln did. You are lying about democrats and quite frankly it's not working for you.

Nah, that's not what has happened. You've really got o wonder why you guys keep repeating these lies when they aren't working for you. If democrats were doing all that let me assure you as an actual black person, not some white idiot commenting on blacks based on his racism, we would be republicans. But you racists seem to believe we are unable to think and are fooled by shiny objects like you white folks are.

Blacks are turning their back on democrats

not exactly.

Who's that painfully ugly brunette?

...and why are there no black women in the video? Cap'n Jack much be some kind of a racist.

Not the republicans. This ain't the 1860's as I always get told by you racists when its time for you to take responsibility for what you have gotten because of slavery. If you were not there then you were not there when the Lincoln signed the EP. Johnson signed the civil rights act in my lifetime and he was a democrat. That gave us freedom we did not have regardless of what Lincoln did. You are lying about democrats and quite frankly it's not working for you.

You need a history lesson: Lincoln was a Republican, slave owners were Democrats, the Klan was made up of Democrats, MLK was a Republican, and Democrats did everything they could to prevent the Civil Rights Act from passing.

Frankly, your education isn't working for you. But I understand: You probably had union teachers who were also by the way, Democrats.

Liberals, you can keep calling Trump a Nazi, you can keep calling us Nazis, but at the end of the day you’re just bringing more Americans in the center to our side. The racist card, the Nazi card, the bigot card are all used up. We don’t care anymore, we are beating you. Big.

Blacks are turning their back on democrats

not exactly.

You need a history lesson: Lincoln was a Republican, slave owners were Democrats, the Klan was made up of Democrats, MLK was a Republican, and Democrats did everything they could to prevent the Civil Rights Act from passing.

Frankly, your education isn't working for you. But I understand: You probably had union teachers who were also by the way, Democrats.

No I live in a republican state and most of my teachers, especially in college, were republicans. I don't need any history lesson. Slavery was before our time when I was talking about how whites today have benefitted from it. In every discussion about slavery whereby we hold whites accountable none of you were there, it was before your time, how can you be blamed for what your great grandparents did. The same principles should apply here. The president that signed civil rights and made deals to get it passed was a democrat. Martin Luther King was a member of no political party.

King was not a partisan and never endorsed any political candidate. In a 1958 interview, King said “I don’t think the Republican party is a party full of the almighty God nor is the Democratic party. They both have weaknesses … And I’m not inextricably bound to either party.”

No, Martin Luther King Jr. was not a Republican — but here’s what he had to say about them

But you see this is part of history too. And apparently you were homeschooled because you don't seem to know this while trying to tell me how many history classes I need to take.

“The lily-white movement was an all-white faction of the Republican Party in the Southern United States in the late 19th and early 20th centuries. It battled and usually defeated the biracial element called the Black-and-tan faction.

During Reconstruction, following the U.S. Civil War, black leaders in Texas and around the country gained increasing influence in the Republican Party by organizing blacks as an important voting bloc. Conservative whites attempted to eliminate this influence and recover white voters who had defected to the Democratic Party. The effort was largely successful in eliminating African-American influence in the Republican Party leading to black voters predominantly migrating to the Democratic Party for much of the 20th century.

The term lily-white movement was coined by Texas Republican leader Norris Wright Cuney, who used the term in an 1888 Republican convention to describe efforts by white conservatives to oust blacks from positions of Texas party leadership and incite riots to divide the party.[1] The term came to be used nationally to describe this ongoing movement as it further developed in the early 20th century,[2] including through the administration of Herbert Hoover. Localized movements began immediately after the war but by the beginning of the 20th century the effort had become national.”

“This movement is largely credited with driving blacks out of the Republican party during the early 20th century, setting the stage for their eventual support of the Democrats.”

Michael K. Fauntroy - Republicans and the Black vote
Unlike you I am fully aware of history. And so are most blacks. This is why you guys have tried selling this tall tale for the better part of the last 20 years and it hasn't worked. Maybe it's time to figure out a new tale.

Liberals, you can keep calling Trump a Nazi, you can keep calling us Nazis, but at the end of the day you’re just bringing more Americans in the center to our side. The racist card, the Nazi card, the bigot card are all used up. We don’t care anymore, we are beating you. Big.

I just don't see this happening. There are no cards, there are nazis, bigots and racists though. And all you guys are doing is making people understand just how much they really exist.

Forum List

Back