DOT Buttigieg grounds flights.

That's so cute.

I bet you believe in magic carpets too. You know the magic carpet that crszy ol human jumped on and rode to Canada to make the same error.

Seriously?
I believe it's irrational to beat everything to death. Knock yourself out if you wish, but I have better things to do with my time.

Human error, enough said !

I believe it's irrational to beat everything to death. Knock yourself out if you wish, but I have better things to do with my time.
RUN FOREST RUN!

tenor%20%281%29-Th.gif

You're playing inside out....which is it?
I don't need to play anything. Everyone on U.S. Message Board's site can connect to Amazon's public facing website but that doesn't mean that we can connect to their website and use it to connect directly to each other. Nor can we directly access their backend databases where all of their customer, vendor, product, etc. information is stored.

But if you're still not convinced I can wait until one of my friends returns from vacation and ask him to explain to me how they conduct international flights without foreign governments having access to U.S. systems. He's very close to mandatory retirement and only flies internationally so he would be a good person to ask.

But if you're still not convinced I can wait until one of my friends returns from vacation and ask him to explain to me how they conduct international flights without foreign governments having access to U.S. systems.
They have access to flight data, like origin and destination routes. Not hard to see.

You ever hear of filing a flight plan?

Last edited:
They have access to flight data, like origin and destination routes. Not hard to see.

You ever hear of filing a flight plan?
Sure, but what does that have to do with the topic at hand? You ever heard of ATIS? Just because anyone can dial in and receive the weather broadcast doesn't mean that they are somehow connected or have access to internal Air Traffic Control systems.

I suspect we're simply referring to two different aspects of the same system. To give you an example, just because I can access our state's motor vehicle records and run a license plate doesn't mean I can access another state's system and do the same. They are two different systems because they are governed by the laws of two different states and they are not connected, joined or linked in any way. Otherwise how would you enforce the laws specific to your state if you can't restrict access?

Sure, but what does that have to do with the topic at hand? You ever heard of ATIS? Just because anyone can dial in and receive the weather broadcast doesn't mean that they are somehow connected or have access to internal Air Traffic Control systems
ATIS is an automatic, continually broadcast information system, not only weather, NOTAM advisories and so on, usually on the busier airports. You can access on a scanner, it if you know what the freq is in your TCA.
Like I said before, the flight plan and data that goes with it are readily accessible between the embarkation and destination points. The people on the other end HAVE to know whats coming and that data is interconnected for that use.

Forum List

Back