Dorsey Stepping Down from Twitter

building the platform is easy.
It's really not. Twitter and other social media platforms are built over many years learning and evolving. They are much harder to replicate than people think. I've used Parler. It's missing so many features, it's so hard to use, it's such a bad platform.
trying to do it with the current big boys keeping you down and out, that's a different story. big tech has a monopoly and isn't about to let it go. quite the opposite as they're working to become default law now and replace our current legal system with what they want to do.
No, there is no monopoly on the internet. The internet is about as free and open as it gets. Everyone has access. Everyone can get online. Everyone can use your website. The means by which the "big boys" can keep you down is extremely limited to downright nonexistent.

You still have Parlor. What did Bezos do that was illegal? Has he been charged yet?
while you giggle and guffaw, google and apple kicked them out of the store and amazon said they were breaking laws and kicked them off of their web services as they were "accused" of being the launching ground for the "insurrection".

now - since when do companies such as this get to determine laws and who is guilty or not? they sure exacted a punishment for activities that were rumored to be there but it was found that the vast majority of people used FB to plan this "insurrection", yet FB never was mentioned.

this goes back to them being a monopoly and able to help keep options down and out that you giggled at but didn't address.

Last edited:
while you giggle and guffaw, google and apple kicked them out of the store and amazon said they were breaking laws and kicked them off of their web services as they were "accused" of being the launching ground for the "insurrection".

now - since when do companies such as this get to determine laws and who is guilty or not? they sure exacted a punishment for activities that were rumored to be there but it was found that the vast majority of people used FB to plan this "insurrection", yet FB never was mentioned.

this goes back to them being a monopoly and able to help keep options down and out that you giggled at but didn't address.

Private companies are allowed to decide who uses their service/products/space. There is no "right" to be in a specific store or specific web server. No different than WalMart choosing not to carry a specific item

Private companies are allowed to decide who uses their service/products/space. There is no "right" to be in a specific store or specific web server. No different than WalMart choosing not to carry a specific item
You mean like a Christian baker can refuse to bake a cake?????

when you provide a service, you can't arbitrarily decide who can use it or not, esp kick them off for breaking laws they didn't break. this in effect allows a private company to determine who is and who isn't breaking the law.

the type of power you'd find in say, a monopoly.

you can argue some whacked out neutral stance all you wish but i worked for MS in the 90s and the DOJ made MS do things to their products to allow competition. things such as having to put netscape on the desktop at install, remove all internet features so the customers have to go look and not default to MS/windows. MS was forced to include competition in their product simply because they were the dominate player that was deemed to have an unfair advantage.

so, i know for a fact this happened as i had to provide internal training to MS CSE's on what was going on and why.

if i can't succeed without being in google or apples store, they can't kick out competition. again, monopoly.

so your little scenario up there doesn't hold up to reality.

care to swing again or just laugh at me and go away like you did when i asked you to prove facebook wasn't a publisher and you kept to "new info only" which really has nothing to do with it.

when you provide a service, you can't arbitrarily decide who can use it or not, esp kick them off for breaking laws they didn't break. this in effect allows a private company to determine who is and who isn't breaking the law.

Sure you can, as long as you do not do it for one of the "forbidden" reasons. I do not even agree with the forbidden reasons, but they are there and if you do not do it for one of those, then the company is not doing anything wrong nor illegal.

care to swing again or just laugh at me and go away like you did when i asked you to prove facebook wasn't a publisher and you kept to "new info only" which really has nothing to do with it.

Facebook is not a publisher, a publisher pre-approves all things published by them. FB does not do this. Thus they are not a publisher.

Not sure why this is so confusing for so many of you.

I think he did do something like that, but doing so is not illegal
so, to be clear you don't know what he did, but it's not illegal.

yea, this is the basis of a great honest dialog about current events, huh?

AWS, or amazon web services, allows a company to host their server(s) on their cloud and pay a fee. you then setup all the necessary servers in that cloud in order to run a service such as parler. the OS, databases, security, storage and the like. in essence your entire business is in the cloud and on these servers. they do down, your services are down.

amazon decided that parler was harboring violence and used to plan 1/6, so they terminated their agreement with parler, putting them in a mad dash to back up and move all their data. this is huge for their undertaking and never done in the real world ad-hoc or in a rush.

so as i've said before, amazon decided that parler was breaking laws and their own service agreement and ended it; yet had zero evidence to show these accusations were correct.

now im not a fan of parler and can't stand it. while i'd love an option, i don't want a right wing only nuthouse of people screaming THE LEFT SUCKS 24x7, and that's all they really are to me. not illegal, just not for me. however, for ANY private company to simply decide another is breaking laws and boots them is not a good direction i think we as a whole should be taking.

in effect, a private company can bypass courts and laws and determine which businesses can stay or go based on heresay evidence or their own motivations.

Sure you can, as long as you do not do it for one of the "forbidden" reasons. I do not even agree with the forbidden reasons, but they are there and if you do not do it for one of those, then the company is not doing anything wrong nor illegal.

Facebook is not a publisher, a publisher pre-approves all things published by them. FB does not do this. Thus they are not a publisher.

Not sure why this is so confusing for so many of you.
and if those forbidden reasons are held to 1 side only, you are in effect stopping your competition. a monopoly does this and is usually held accountable. but these days it's war and people simply don't seem to give a fuck.

facebook is a publisher when it suits their purposes and when they validate what is true or not, that crosses the line. your very weak "new info only" doesn't cut it. publishers can publish a bible if they want and that's a pretty old book, but they'd still be the publisher. i've asked several times for more details and you simply poof.

i don't know why that is so confusing for you.

in effect, a private company can bypass courts and laws and determine which businesses can stay or go based on heresay evidence or their own motivations.

Of course they can. One company can decide that a different company using there services/sites/locations is bad for their reputation and boot them.

Nothing illegal about it at all.

Last edited:
facebook is a publisher when it suits their purposes and when they validate what is true or not, that crosses the line. your very weak "new info only" doesn't cut it. publishers can publish a bible if they want and that's a pretty old book, but they'd still be the publisher. i've asked several times for more details and you simply poof.

i don't know why that is so confusing for you.

I have not ever said anything about "new info only", I said everything they publish is pre-approved ahead of time. Why do you think "pre-approval" is the same as "new info only"?

Even with your bible example, the company publishing the bible preapproves it prior to it being published.

This is what makes them a publisher. Once FB starts to pre-approve every singled post before anyone can see it, then they will be a publisher.

Only one of us is confused, and it is not me.

Yet you abandon that principle when it comes to bakeries (for example) or any other private business that doesn't want anything to do with people like you.

Yet you abandon that principle when it comes to bakeries (for example) or any other private business that doesn't want anything to do with people like you.

A few of my post from back then...

I have not ever said anything about "new info only", I said everything they publish is pre-approved ahead of time. Why do you think "pre-approval" is the same as "new info only"?

Even with your bible example, the company publishing the bible preapproves it prior to it being published.

This is what makes them a publisher. Once FB starts to pre-approve every singled post before anyone can see it, then they will be a publisher.

Only one of us is confused, and it is not me.
yes you did which was the entire point of my rebuttle you eventually ran away from.

so you are saying it's pointless to discuss issues with you

Forum List

Back