Dont think inflation is real? I just looked at Zillow, and every home in Florida has gone up roughly 10% in value in the past 30 days

I personally distrust Zillow prices, at least in my area.
I'm in florida as well--they are buying houses not even looking at them.....house prices since last year for homes on the water have about doubled with most everything pending. Houses that sold for $370,000 last year are on market for this year $200,000-$300,000 MORE for the exact same house and it isn't updating. Usually in the winter, our roads have heavier traffic then by easter people go back up north making our towns far far less congested. Our roads are still packed and packed heavier than normal snowbird season--there is construction everywhere---people are putting houses whereever even on very busy busy streets....I knew it was bad when new yorkers/new jersey/New Hampshire/Connecticut cars were staying here--even worse you could here loud mouth New Yorkers and see that they had license their cars for Florida--they aren't leaving. Now we are seeing a bunch of Minnesota license plates-----and all of these people desperately trying to find homes---not even the mobiles but real homes.
So, think in this a moment.

They put 15 to 20% down on a 500k home in Florida.

A hurricane comes along this summer and wipes their home out. They collect a half-million dollars for a 100k investment.

Not a bad return since those idiots all think that hurricanes strike the same spot every year due to 'climate change'.

Hmmmm.......10% in 30 days. Thats got to be the biggest 30 day bump in.....EVER?

Thats ridiculous.

Well, thanks Lefties, for driving people to my state. There is a bigger demand for homes...so values are going up up up.

But so is everything else!
Why just today it took me a wheelbarrow full of cash just to buy a cup of coffee.

I still owe another wheelbarrow full of cash to pay for it.

Thanks Chairman Xiden.

Very selective memory for those on the right here. What was the cost of the two stimulus bills Trump signed in 2020? Get back to us on that, won't you?
Trump done it

See, everything is Ok now.

Living in the past is such fun

Hmmmm.......10% in 30 days. Thats got to be the biggest 30 day bump in.....EVER?

Thats ridiculous.

Well, thanks Lefties, for driving people to my state. There is a bigger demand for homes...so values are going up up up.

Florida was my state for 25 years and is dominated by "righties" as indicated by the election voting. "Lefties" have not driven up the prices of houses. Supply and demand, a lack of lumber production due to the pandemic keeping workers at home,
the high cost of imported lumber due to trump's trade wars (24% tariff on Canadian lumber, etc.) and the continued export of American-made lumber to other countries like......CHINA.

Thats ridiculous.

The exodus from NYS and South of the Border is driving prices off.

Thats ridiculous.

This is not Politics. Please place threads in the correct forum and stop using Politics as a default.

I personally distrust Zillow prices, at least in my area.
I'm in florida as well--they are buying houses not even looking at them.....house prices since last year for homes on the water have about doubled with most everything pending. Houses that sold for $370,000 last year are on market for this year $200,000-$300,000 MORE for the exact same house and it isn't updating. Usually in the winter, our roads have heavier traffic then by easter people go back up north making our towns far far less congested. Our roads are still packed and packed heavier than normal snowbird season--there is construction everywhere---people are putting houses whereever even on very busy busy streets....I knew it was bad when new yorkers/new jersey/New Hampshire/Connecticut cars were staying here--even worse you could here loud mouth New Yorkers and see that they had license their cars for Florida--they aren't leaving. Now we are seeing a bunch of Minnesota license plates-----and all of these people desperately trying to find homes---not even the mobiles but real homes.
So, think in this a moment.

They put 15 to 20% down on a 500k home in Florida.

A hurricane comes along this summer and wipes their home out. They collect a half-million dollars for a 100k investment.

Not a bad return since those idiots all think that hurricanes strike the same spot every year due to 'climate change'.

If a Hurricane hits anywhere florida--home prices will jump again for the remaining homes as there is already a shortage of homes and this is what happens with hurricanes. Winter has been cooler which lowers the ocean water (the fuel that grows hurricanes)--------so this may help avoid this jump, but if we have fewer hurricanes the remaining ones may be able to eat up the heat in the water and grow large enough to do damage. My husband and I are looking for property to buy as investments...........

Thats ridiculous.

The price of wood has skyrocketed.

I am talking anout existing homes.
It is a supply and demand thing and not a "lefty" thing.
its an invasion of blue state refugees pushing up prices.........everything is going here --homes or land. Developers are buying up land.....

Forum List

Back