Don't Mess With Vets, Even If They Are Old!

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
http://www.blackfive.net/main/2007/02/70_year_old_vet.html

70 Year Old Vet Thwarts Attack in Costa Rica
Posted By Blackfive

Many of you have sent the link to this amazing story about a bus load of tourists from a Carnival Cruise on a tour of Costa Rica that were held up by some thugs...until a 70 year old veteran among them took a stand:

SAN JOSE, Costa Rica - An American tourist who watched as a U.S. military veteran in his 70s used his bare hands to kill an armed assailant in Costa Rica said she thought the attempted robbery was a joke — until the masked attacker held a gun to her head.

“I thought it was a skit. But then he pointed the gun at my head and grabbed me by the throat and I thought I was going to die,” Clova Adams, 54, told The Associated Press by telephone Friday from the Carnival Liberty cruise ship.

The assault occurred during a ship stopover Wednesday in Limon, 80 miles east of San Jose, Costa Rica’s capital.

Adams was with 12 American tourists who hired a driver to explore Costa Rica for a few hours. They were climbing out of the van to visit a Caribbean beach when three men wearing ski masks ran toward them, she said. One held a gun to her head, while the other two pulled out knives.

Tourist fights back
Suddenly, one of the tourists, a U.S. military veteran trained in self defense, jumped out of the van and put the gunman in a headlock, according to Limon police chief Luis Hernandez.

Hernandez said the American, whom he refused to identify, struggled with the robber, breaking his collarbone and eventually killing him. Police identified the dead man as Warner Segura, 20. The other two assailants fled.

“I was very scared at the moment,” Costa Rican bus driver Roberto Frances Allen said in an interview in Limon.

“The bus was shaking and women were screaming,” he recalled. “There were two shots and I heard him (Segura) try to fire more, but the gun didn’t fire. Luckily, the tourists had forced his hand up and the shots hit the roof of the bus.”

Afterward, the tourists drove Segura to a hospital, where he was declared dead. Sergio Lopez, a Red Cross auxiliary, examined Segura’s body and said he died from asphyxiation.

Lopez also treated Adams for a panic attack.

“She was very nervous after the assault, but she had not been physically hurt,” Lopez said...​

Posted by Blackfive on February 27, 2007

Per Savage's comments, our enemies of today have not yet seen the slumbering wrath and killing capacity of the white male...

Forum List

Back