Don't like the Upgrade at all

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the top right you'll see your name and avatar. Placing mouse over that gives you a menu. In the menu you'll see "your content." Your content is the last post and all threads you posted.

Rd pointed there too. I did find it

Rd pointed there too. I did find it
From my perspective the pros of the change outweigh the cons. The pros are vast.

The cons, if they are cons, are

1) The new rating system - A) the lack of negative ratings, we only appear to have turned on disagreement, which shows up as neutral ratings; B) I don't see how like and agree are distinguished. This may be a bug or configuration error, or maybe I just don't know how like and agree are distinguished yet.

2) The block of graphics under the avatar in each and every post eats up WAY to much screen real-estate when the post is small and the poster does not have a signature block. This results in a lot of white space in the conversation threads. Do we really need to see people's rating information in three (3) different formats on every single post?

Try it...you'll like it. IMHO, the simple little tool bar at the top of the text pallet is worth its weight in gold.

....and I have seen an ad yet!

Oh for fucks sake. I think we all deserve a KEG for dealing with this monstrosity. Me no likey.
No tickey...no washy!

I'm 67 and I've posted on many message boards. My favorite boards of all time were the old MSNBC boards. They were wild and woolly. They were great. HOWEVER, this is by far the worst mess I've ever encountered. I'll try to give it a week. After that I may be gone.
How can I miss you if you don't go away?

If I throw this stick...will you go away?

I am sorry, but this no longer feels like a forum at all. It is way too much work. Slower load times for me. It feels too much like facebook. I hate facebook.

I always came here to express myself and enjoy the forum...., not work. way too busy, I can't even find my last post

Last edited:
I am sorry, but this no longer feels like a forum at all. It is way to much work. Slower load times for me. It feels too much like facebook. I hate facebook.

I always came here to express myself and enjoy the forum...., not work. way too busy, I can't even find my last post

Your last post is right where you left it. You find your last post(s) pretty much exactly as you did before. Watched threads shows activity, and is even better than the CP page was. Your posts are available from the top right of the web pages where your icon is shown. Move your mouse over that and select "Your content" from the menu.

Load times are much faster for me. But then I block advertisements with adblock.

Facebook is a forum.

I am sorry, but this no longer feels like a forum at all. It is way to much work. Slower load times for me. It feels too much like facebook. I hate facebook.

Your last post is right where you left it. You find your last post(s) pretty much exactly as you did before. Watched threads shows activity, and is even better than the CP page was. Your posts are available from the top right of the web pages where your icon is shown. Move your mouse over that and select "Your content" from the menu.

Load times are much faster for me. But then I block advertisements with adblock.

Facebook is a forum.

Facebook is a social network. Not a forum

I have adblock

Facebook is a forum.

Facebook is a social network. Not a forum

I have adblock

A social network is an interconnected collection of people. Facebook is a forum in which social networking takes place, not unlike the social networking that takes place, albeit usually anonymously, on USMB.

First time logging in via the web in days, looks pretty cool.
Web 2.0.
So when was this done and who's doing your development?

Yeah, I keep getting the same "Server Error" when I try to post new threads.
The draft is still there but the thread won't start

First time logging in via the web in days, looks pretty cool.
Web 2.0.
So when was this done and who's doing your development?
The replaced the website software day before yesterday. The author of the code is at the bottom left of the page.

So is it narrow to accommodate phones? I have a solid 3" on each side of the site....... very irritating to look at. Why the wasted space? I never look at this site on my phone.....I'm not addicted to my phone. Now it's obnoxious to use.....what would I know, I just got here....11 YEARS AGO!

Edit function works for me.

Facebook is a forum.

thank you.

why change it? It was nothing wrong with the board and now it just looks crazy

What was the purpose of the Upgrade??? Bulletin style was the best
totally agree,everythings confusing.there was NOTHING wrong with the way it was before,why fix something thats not broken? geez!!!!!

Blocked USMB scrips just to try it out. Can't do multi quotes but who cares about that? Seems to be a little more logical now. We shall see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back