Don’t Let the GOP Fool You—Republicans Love Inflation

No. When did I ever say that? The vaccine was created by the pharm companies. Not any politician. Where Biden gets credit and Trump gets blame is in the messaging and the distribution. Trump was too busy touting his greatness for delivering a life saving vaccine (which he didn't) and then pouting because no one would give him credit for it. Again, too busy to do his job..oh, and whining about an election he fucking lost.
Lol, if Trump didn't do what he did, we wouldn't have the vaccine.

At the moment, Republicans love inflation because it gives them a rationale to oppose the reconciliation bill (even though they’ve opposed President Joe Biden’s Build Back Better program since he introduced it as a candidate back in July 2020, when inflation was a mere 1 percent). Inflation also gives Republicans something to beat up Democrats with in the 2022 midterms (even though there’s a good chance the Covid-created inflationary spurt will have receded by then).
Senator Rick Scott, who chairs the National Republican Senatorial Committee, is ecstatic. “We’re going to continue to have inflation,” he told The Wall Street Journal on November 14, “and then interest rates will go up. This is a gold mine for us.”

They want to keep the pandemic going for a long time.
It's too late for the dems to get the progs under control to end this thing. They could have just passed paid family leave for 4 weeks if there's a birth or illness, medicaid medicare drug costs, long term care for elderly and whatever they plan for global warming. And pay for it. None of that was hugely inflationary, and can't be said to discourage people from working.

I can't see blaming the gop for the dem's failures to sell more spending during inflation. It's not like they weren't warned after they passed "free money for everyone with stimulus checks." Thanks very much, btw. But .... sheesh.

What's happening is a consequence of decades of bad monetary policy. These decades of bad monetary policy have been a bipartisan effort.

Placing that aside, covid has largely served as a convenient carrot and stick sort of scapegoat to look the other way while they take the same bad monetary policy into overdrive. Observably.

I swear, sometimes it seems like I'm watching a live game of sit and spin when I log on here.

Inflation also gives Republicans something to beat up Democrats with in the 2022 midterms (even though there’s a good chance the Covid-created inflationary spurt will have receded by then).
Well, if that's the case then it should be a losing gambit, eh? Penny-lope, I took a basic economics course in a public high school in lowly south Alabama in 1977 and even I could predict what happens when you have "too much money chasing too few goods"

Something like 20+ percent of all the money ever printed in the U.S. was printed in the last couple of years. Inflation was impossible to avoid. The only question now is whether the idiots in DC will create so much more pressure that it will lead to actual "hyper-inflation". I predict global economic collapse prior to the '24 election.

Let's ALL pray I'm a fool for saying so.

Well, if that's the case then it should be a losing gambit, eh? Penny-lope, I took a basic economics course in a public high school in lowly south Alabama in 1977 and even I could predict what happens when you have "too much money chasing too few goods"

Something like 20+ percent of all the money ever printed in the U.S. was printed in the last couple of years. Inflation was impossible to avoid. The only question now is whether the idiots in DC will create so much more pressure that it will lead to actual "hyper-inflation". I predict global economic collapse prior to the '24 election.

Let's ALL pray I'm a fool for saying so.
I purchased literature from Book stores around that time in the political/economic sections on the subject. Not the most popular for people with the huge number of books of all types. It would do us all good if most people have a basic understanding of this. We do not have to be professionals on this. We just have to what is generally good or bad. And ways for the individual to get around it.

At the moment, Republicans love inflation because it gives them a rationale to oppose the reconciliation bill (even though they’ve opposed President Joe Biden’s Build Back Better program since he introduced it as a candidate back in July 2020, when inflation was a mere 1 percent). Inflation also gives Republicans something to beat up Democrats with in the 2022 midterms (even though there’s a good chance the Covid-created inflationary spurt will have receded by then).
Senator Rick Scott, who chairs the National Republican Senatorial Committee, is ecstatic. “We’re going to continue to have inflation,” he told The Wall Street Journal on November 14, “and then interest rates will go up. This is a gold mine for us.”

They want to keep the pandemic going for a long time.
Supply Side Economics Global Economy is all about debt with BIG time borrowing . There are too many facets it is mind boggling.

Forum List

Back