Don’t feed the Trolls!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clinton Baptiste

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2019
A West Country town

According to the conventional wisdom of the internet, there’s one simple guideline for responding to trolls: don’t feed them. Ignore them, don’t react to them, don’t give them the attention they want. The axiom has become such a reflexive piece of advice and assumed knowledge that it can often be difficult to see the misperceptions and dismissiveness at its heart, the four hideous lies that perpetuate the cycle of misunderstanding, and the grim, cruel reality it has helped to enable in online culture.

Don’t feed the trolls, and other hideous lies

On the other hand, it is sometimes amusing to prod ignorant, quivering hysterical jelly with a sharp stick.

That's the way I feel about it. It's fun to see just how far you can nudge them into their trolling, and whether or not you can piss them off.

President Trump's superb skill in trolling the libs is one of his greatest attributes. Photo-shopping his head on to Stallone's body this week was a master stroke. Liberal heads were exploding world wide

The net is full of uninhibited good, bad & ugly sides of humanity , probably the best mirror we've ever had......

but with a price.....

8SK.gif

~S~

The net is full of uninhibited good, bad & ugly sides of humanity , probably the best mirror we've ever had......

but with a price.....

8SK.gif

~S~

I'll say. $189 bucks a month for 200 x 100 Mb fiber internet access with three email accounts, a land line, and cable. And the price keeps going up.

but with a price.....

8SK.gif

~S~

I'll say. $189 bucks a month for 200 x 100 Mb fiber internet access with three email accounts, a land line, and cable. And the price keeps going up.
For me it’s £68 a month for TV cable. House phone and internet. Bargain or what?

but with a price.....

8SK.gif

~S~

For me it’s £68 a month for TV cable. House phone and internet. Bargain or what?

About $87?? That's cheap.

It's probably so high here because we live 15 miles out in the country, near a small town of 5,000 people. The phone company ran fiber out here a couple years ago, but the next package up would be too pricey for me.

but with a price.....

8SK.gif

~S~

It's probably so high here because we live 15 miles out in the country, near a small town of 5,000 people. The phone company ran fiber out here a couple years ago, but the next package up would be too pricey for me.
Yes it is a good deal, i do not subscribe to sky sports for the premier league football, I’d rather go to a bar and watch it for free :)

Last edited:

but with a price.....

8SK.gif

~S~

Yes it is a good deal, i do not subscribe to sky sports for the premier league football, I’d rather go to a bar and watch if for free :)

Now when you say "football", you mean soccer, right?

but with a price.....

8SK.gif

~S~

Yes it is a good deal, i do not subscribe to sky sports for the premier league football, I’d rather go to a bar and watch if for free :)

There is only one term for football over here in the UK, we don’t use the word soccer.

There is only one term for football over here in the UK, we don’t use the word soccer.
Yeah but here in the US we don't call soccer football, too many people would get confused.

Yeah but here in the US we don't call soccer football, too many people would get confused.
Yeah I guess they would.
Sky sports premier league is another £30

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back