Don’t Call It Climate Change. Red States Prepare For ‘Extreme Weather’

I sure wish the right had woken up decades ago to this problem. It wouldn't be as bad as it is now.
Actually, the environment was a bipartisan issue decades ago. Nixon created the EPA, after all.

The Clean Air Act of 1970 passed the Senate unanimously.

Congress also passed the Clean Water Act in 1972, and the Endangered Species Act in 1973.

Somewhere along the way, things went batshit crazy.

Actually, the environment was a bipartisan issue decades ago. Nixon created the EPA, after all.

Congress also passed the Clean Water Act in 1972, and the Endangered Species Act in 1973.

Hey Dumbass, there is a difference between cleaning up pollution and claiming man is causing the Earth to warm, and man can make the Earth cooler.

Mac-7 important to note

Problems like this are not for climate scientists to solve. Tactics to combat climate change are not the purview of a climate modeler. These are decisions for governments and businesses to make. The facts of ACC are what they are.

I can point to one event: Newt Gingrich, and his "Contract with America ". In concert, he politicized climate science. His actions gave birth to the cottage industry of climate science doubt and denial. His words, on the floor of Congress.

And voilà, 27 years later, a bunch of internet-educated people have outsmarted the experts, without a lick of published science. Or so they think. They don't know they are cogs. Rubes.

Their people have been shown a higher standard of living and now expect it.
Which is a problem for the CCP because the communist dictatorship is under pressure to deliver

But can the communists meet expectations when western countries are rethinking dependence on china?

Not only that but china has WOES

Many of its largest companies are poorly managed and deeply in debt

The weather has not been kind to the middle kingdom

Floods have severely impacted the food supply

And then there is the CCP virus that wont go away

iamwhatiseem
I agree. Climate change is the biggest hoax on the planet. Its a cash cow for some and a laugh a minute for others.

Find a way to control the Sun, the Moon and the revolutions of the earth and you MAY control the weather but I doubt it.

Experts on what? Not climate science.
/——-/ Neither is Al Gore, or these two.
1638188350384.jpeg

What kind of sacrifices are Liberals poised to make for them and their base?

None at all is the answer.

I've heard of no proposed taxes on public transportation, malt liquor, newports or bath house admissions to help pay for this.

Only taxes on things like Gasoline and diesel which are disproportionately consumed by conservatives in red states.
Lol, ya we don't drive in blue states. Hilarious 😀😀😀😀😀

And voilà, 27 years later, a bunch of internet-educated people have outsmarted the experts, without a lick of published science. Or so they think. They don't know they are cogs. Rubes.
When you can tell me why we shouldn't expect increasing temperatures when our present temperature is still 2C below the peak temperature of previous interglacial cycles, let me know.

When you can show me an experiment that quantified the radiative forcing of CO2 increasing from 300 ppm to 420 ppm, let me know.

When you can tell me why the planet transitioned from a greenhouse planet to an icehouse planet, let me know.

When you can tell me why the southern hemisphere has a higher temperature threshold for extensive continental glaciation than the northern hemisphere does, let me know.

When you can tell me why the warmest global temperatures occur when the northern hemisphere receives the most sunshine, let me know.

When you can tell me why the coldest average temperatures occur when the northern hemisphere receives the least sun light, let me know.

When you can tell me why the planet experienced increased climate fluctuations and environmental uncertainty after it transitioned from a greenhouse world to an icehouse world, let me know.

Because until YOU can answer these questions you don't know jack shit about earth's climate. And you will never understand why I question the psuedo-science that is masquerading as science.

Unfortunately we aren't dealing with those republicans anymore.

They were sane and cared about our nation.

We don't have republicans like that anymore.

They left the republican party years ago.

Lol, ya we don't drive in blue states. Hilarious 😀😀😀😀😀

The person you replied to is contradicting all republicans say about blue states.

They constantly say we have much higher taxes which is true.

In just the last decade the people of my blue state voted to raise our gas taxes and impose a new tax on our vehicle tabs.

The increase in our gas tax was to build and upgrade our roads.

The new tax on our vehicles is to build a new light rail system, increase public transportation and add new lanes on two of our interstates.

All paid for with state tax dollars from new and increased taxes.

We also have been making those new adjustments to combat global warming. Such as storm surge walls along waterways. The latest flooding was minimized in small towns such as Mt. Vernon so that their small town wasn't destroyed by flooding.

The last thing a red state is going to do is pay their own way.

They wait for federal tax dollars to pay for most of everything in their states.

They don't properly tax their population so they don't have the proper tax base to maintain their states

The right is waking up to the reality of climate change.

However since they spent a couple of decades saying it was all a hoax and not real, the republican politicians are now having to use the words" extreme weather."

No matter what terminology they use, they are finally waking up to the reality of it and finally taking some steps to combat the effects of climate change.

The sad thing, we never would have had to do this if the right had not spent so much time denying it's happening and actually took steps to combat it we wouldn't be in the situation we're in now.

It's going to cost much more and we will have to take more steps to combat it since it was allowed to get so bad.

I sure wish the right had woken up decades ago to this problem. It wouldn't be as bad as it is now.

That half a billion that DeSantis is going to spend isn't federal tax dollars. It's state tax dollars which means the state of Florida is going to have to raise taxes in some way soon.

They will probably do as they have been doing with taxes for decades.

Hit the guests who go there as tourists. The last time I was in Florida there were FIVE separate taxes on hotels and car rentals. While the taxes on the people who live there are very low.

The last thing a republican is going to do is be responsible and pay their own way.

So don't be surprised if it's much more expensive to visit Florida than it already is.

Hey retard, we have ALWAYS called it climate chnage. YOU morons called it "manmade global warming". :laugh:

"500 experts"

:auiqs.jpg:

Yeah, um.... no.

But here is a compilation and culmination of the scientific work of 10s of 1000s of ACTUAL experts:

Lets see…

Reduce our reliance on fossil fuels
Increase efficiency
Reduce consumption of plastics
We’ve done all those things. Nothing man can do will have any major effect on “climate change”. One volcanic eruption puts more pollution and CO2 into the atmosphere that man has done in the entire twentieth century. One forest fire easily matches a decade of man’s emissions. Is the climate changing? YES.

They are not “adapting” in Africa
They are starving
They’ve been starving in Africa for a century or more. Peter Paul and Mary even had a song that mentioned it way back in the mid sixties. I can’t think of the exact lyrics right now, but they went something like “they’re starving in Africa, there’s strife in Iran, there’s hurricanes in Florida“.

It has been noted more than once that a bill that says "climate change" cannot pass but if you relabel it "extreme weather preparedness" or something similar Republicans will vote for it.

They are simple, easily manipulated folks.
No, we are simply aware that extreme weather conditions happen and prepare for them. Unlike New Orleans that doesn’t prepare for hurricanes and then begs the government for help when it’s too late. If you want a laugh, compare Los Angeles’ disaster preparations (earthquakes) and New Orleans (hurricanes/flooding). I’m not sure that N. O. Has had a disaster drill to this date despite its Katrina experience.

Forum List

Back