Don’t Call It Climate Change. Red States Prepare For ‘Extreme Weather’

The right is waking up to the reality of climate change.

However since they spent a couple of decades saying it was all a hoax and not real, the republican politicians are now having to use the words" extreme weather."

No matter what terminology they use, they are finally waking up to the reality of it and finally taking some steps to combat the effects of climate change.
When I was a kid in the 90s I remember it was called global warming and then sometime around the early 2000s when the weather patterns weren't fitting that narrative anymore it suddenly became "climate change." Every extreme weather event that happens now you people claim it's due to climate change, but once again, when it doesn't fit your alarmist narrative it's simply weather.

I've never denied the climate is changing. The hoax is the idea that we can pump trillions of dollars into governments around the world and somehow "fix" it. The climate change cabal is the biggest grift in human history and people like you are drinking the Kool-Aid.

When I was a kid in the 90s I remember it was called global warming and then sometime around the early 2000s when the weather patterns weren't fitting that narrative anymore it suddenly became "climate change." Every extreme weather event that happens now you people claim it's due to climate change, but once again, when it doesn't fit your alarmist narrative it's simply weather.

I've never denied the climate is changing. The hoax is the idea that we can pump trillions of dollars into governments around the world and somehow "fix" it. The climate change cabal is the biggest grift in human history and people like you are drinking the Kool-Aid.
It seems their case for CO2 driving climate change is based upon the fact that CO2 is a greenhouse gas and that temperatures have been rising. The problem is that CO2 is a minor greenhouse gas, the rate of sea level rise has not changed and temperatures are still below the peak temperatures of previous interglacials. So it would be expected for temperatures to rise as we have not yet completed the interglacial cycle.

They will argue that the rate temperatures are rising is unprecedented. Unfortunately that's not true. 25 D-O events during the last glacial cycle show that temperatures rose from glacial temperatures to interglacial temperatures - 5C swings up and down - over the course of a few decades. That's even on NASA's website.

Here's what's really happening... we entered an ice age 2.7 million years ago. You can see the slope change on the oxygen isotope curve which is the well established proxy for temperatures. No one disputes the curve. The drivers were a gradually cooling of the planet coupled with the polar regions being isolated from warm marine currents; the south pole has a continent parked on top of it and the north pole has a mostly landlocked ocean on top of it. Also the rise of the Himalayas and the Panama isthmus. All these things changed the circulation patterns of the atmosphere and the ocean, but the biggest driver was both polar regions being isolated from the warmer marine currents.

But the glaciation threshold is different for each pole. Because the south pole has a continent parked on top of it, the southern hemisphere has a lower threshold for extensive continental glaciation than the northern hemisphere does because the north pole has an ocean parked over it. It is this difference which created increased climate fluctuation and environmental uncertainty on the earth. It is the northern hemisphere which dominates the climate of the earth. The coolest average temperatures occurs when the northern hemisphere is in winter and the warmest average temperatures occur when the northern hemisphere is in summer. Again... that's even on NASA's website.

You can see from ice cores during the last glacial cycle how much more erratic temperatures were in the northern hemisphere. By the way these are the D-O events from the Greenland ice cores. My point is that it is not unusual for there to be large temperature swings because that is the signature of the present ice age. We live in a period of bipolar glaciation. Never before has the earth been configured for bipolar glaciation. It is because we have bipolar glaciation where the poles do not have the same glaciation threshold that has led to increased climate fluctuation and environmental uncertainty on the earth. They have mistakenly correlated a period of warming and associated it with an increase from a minor greenhouse gas.

Here's the oxygen isotope curve.
F2 annotated.jpg

Here is a zoomed in view of the oxygen isotope curve showing the transition from a greenhouse planet to an icehouse planet which clearly shows the increased climate fluctuation and environmental uncertainty of the earth's climate.

transition to icehouse.png

And here is the climate data from the southern and northern hemisphere ice cores for the last glacial period where you can clearly see how much more erratic the climate of the northern hemisphere was compared to the southern hemisphere.

1630631739732.png

Funny stuff... there is a documentary on Netflix, of all places, on the more recent "enlightened" science that CO2 is not only not the problem, but helps instead of hurts. That reducing CO2 could create more problems than it helps. And this isn't some rightwing theory... it is the same scientist. :lol:

I like that it hasn't been triple digits in forever here in my corner of the midatlantic. When I was a kid, we could have days of it. If global warming is making it less extreme, I am all fer it.

When I was a kid in the 90s I remember it was called global warming and then sometime around the early 2000s when the weather patterns weren't fitting that narrative anymore it suddenly became "climate change."
Because you were a child, not a scientist. You didn't know anything about the topic and didn't know that scientists had been studying anthropogenicclimate change and calling it that for decades already.

Nope, it is code for quit making it political and act now.

One example being...Over the last 20 years the amount of rainfall in the mid-west has not really changed, but how it comes has.

The old climate it fell spread out over 15 to 20 days a month, now it comes in 5 to 7 days with longer in-between.

Thus many operations in the area have added irrigation and tiling to mitigate the changes to the climate.

That might be an option for the midwest.

It's not an option for the west.

California has been in drought for over a decade and most of that time it's severe drought conditions.

I do know that I drove through parts of the midwest this past April.

I drove over countless small and medium size creeks through agricultural areas in those states.

All but one was dry.

In April.

Nothing on this planet can live without two things we have been destroying. Those two things are:

Air

Water.

What it comes down to is money is much more important than two of the things that sustain all life on this planet.

Take a trip to California, Colorado, Nevada, Oregon and Washington.

You will find forests that were once natural rain forest, burned to the ground from fire.

You will find rivers that once raged for miles are now either dry or reduced to being able to step over.

Go to the south. Where the hurricanes have ravaged states for years.

Climate change or global warming is like everything in life, it isn't a one size fits all situation.

The sad thing about all of this, it could have been prevented.

The right is waking up to the reality of climate change.

However since they spent a couple of decades saying it was all a hoax and not real, the republican politicians are now having to use the words" extreme weather."

No matter what terminology they use, they are finally waking up to the reality of it and finally taking some steps to combat the effects of climate change.

The sad thing, we never would have had to do this if the right had not spent so much time denying it's happening and actually took steps to combat it we wouldn't be in the situation we're in now.

It's going to cost much more and we will have to take more steps to combat it since it was allowed to get so bad.

I sure wish the right had woken up decades ago to this problem. It wouldn't be as bad as it is now.

That half a billion that DeSantis is going to spend isn't federal tax dollars. It's state tax dollars which means the state of Florida is going to have to raise taxes in some way soon.

They will probably do as they have been doing with taxes for decades.

Hit the guests who go there as tourists. The last time I was in Florida there were FIVE separate taxes on hotels and car rentals. While the taxes on the people who live there are very low.

The last thing a republican is going to do is be responsible and pay their own way.

So don't be surprised if it's much more expensive to visit Florida than it already is.

/——/ This month it’s called “Climate Crisis.” Now get with the program.

And...? Global warming was and is still "a thing".

It's so stupid that people care about what it's called.

The planet has been warming for a long time.

It's now to the point that it is causing weather patterns that cause a lot of death and destruction.

It's now to the point that clean water is an issue here in the United States.

It's now to the point that whole forests are being burned to the ground from wildfires. Destroying the towns and way of life in those forests.

Killing people and livestock. Destroying businesses.

We could have taken steps to prevent this or at least make the damage not as bad.

Unfortunately, money was, and still is, more important.

Because you were a child, not a scientist. You didn't know anything about the topic and didn't know that scientists had been studying anthropogenicclimate change and calling it that for decades already.

And your self rightious attitude does not change that it has been eons since I have experienced triple digits days, "anthropogenicclimate" or otherwise.

It's so stupid that people care about what it's called.

The planet has been warming for a long time.

It's now to the point that it is causing weather patterns that cause a lot of death and destruction.

It's now to the point that clean water is an issue here in the United States.

It's now to the point that whole forests are being burned to the ground from wildfires. Destroying the towns and way of life in those forests.

Killing people and livestock. Destroying businesses.

We could have taken steps to prevent this or at least make the damage not as bad.

Unfortunately, money was more important.
Global warming is one field of ACC.

No matter what the far right on this thread posts,

Even the people you voted for and continue to vote for acknowledge climate change or global warming.

They just gave it a new name.

Even those politicians you voted for and continue to vote for are now spending your state tax dollars to combat global warming.

They are just calling it by a new name.

So all you far right people need to stop voting for people like desantis and abbott. They have bought into the globalist lie and are using your state tax dollars on a problem you don't believe exists.

That is IF you don't want to be a hypocrite and IF don't want your hard earned state tax dollars to be wasted on that globalist hoax.

Forum List

Back