Don’t buy a Buick Envision

Mac-7

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2019
Or any car made in China

The Buick Envision comes with a peculiar label for a foreign-made car: Designed in the United States.

The mid-size luxury SUV, a product of General Motors, is the top-selling vehicle imported from China in the United States.

This alarms union leaders, who call for American companies to build cars in America, and could make General Motors a target for U.S. President Donald Trump’s tirades on trade.

Buy Toyota and Honda and Nissan to make sure none of the car is made in China....plus American made cars are just not reliable....too many major repairs....

Or any car made in China

The Buick Envision comes with a peculiar label for a foreign-made car: Designed in the United States.

The mid-size luxury SUV, a product of General Motors, is the top-selling vehicle imported from China in the United States.

This alarms union leaders, who call for American companies to build cars in America, and could make General Motors a target for U.S. President Donald Trump’s tirades on trade.

I wouldn't buy a Buick period. Tell me, which brand new car that is 100% manufactured/made in US should I buy, Mr. Non American car in your avatar?

People can make their own decisions, but I buy enough stuff made in China, and I know the quality it lacks, I sure as hell wouldn't risk my life in a fast moving piece of fibreglass.

I remember in the 1980s products made in Japan were targeted by unions and others, and some protectionism was needed when they cheated or stole American Intellectual Property, and they certainly did steal from the West. I read an article about them sending executives to the U.S to visit companies and them taking pictures of blueprints and schematics and producing the product months before the original inventor.

Those problems aside, they were capitalist and free. Furthermore, NOBODY successfully argued that something made in Japan was lower quality. In fact, to the contrary. Whether it was a Sony Walkman (which was new and cool), Akai stereos or Nintendo and it's software few years later. "Made in Japan", meant quality. No question. If you spent a few extra bucks for Japanese products (generally due to an honestly and fairly priced Yen unlike the artificially suppressed price of the Yuan), you could expect it to last.

The only criticism, especially with cars at the time, was the price of parts for a vehicle (I was too young to drive, but I listen). That's generally a non-issue now (probably often junk parts made in China), and the service of Honda and Toyota for example, is second to none. Though, I've never owned a Japanese.

You can save a few bucks buying from China, but it's time to understand we will hurt ourselves more in the long run.

Or any car made in China

I wouldn't buy a Buick period. Tell me, which brand new car that is 100% manufactured/made in US should I buy, Mr. Non American car in your avatar?
I dont know if there are any 100% American cars

But this GM product is 0% American

Or any car made in China

I dont know if there are any 100% American cars

But this GM product is 0% American

It was a trick question, because a 100% American made car doesn't exist. Your computer has Chinese parts. So does your smartphone. You likely have clothes and shoes made in China. The firearms you shoot are likely made out of Chinese steel.

So unless you are making some pathetic partisan point, I find it weird you pick this particular model to bitch about. The GM Aveo was pulled directly from the South Korea Daewoo manufacturing plant and shipped to America. The SS is an Australian Holden model with GM badges slapped on it. The new Ford Ranger has been produced in Argentina since 2012.

So unless you are making some pathetic partisan point, I find it weird you pick this particular model to bitch about.
Because if GM gets away with this one eventually all the GM production will be moved to china and hundreds of thousands of American workers will be sucking air

Globalists like you fail to think far enough into the future and understand what china’s end game is

so I will sum it up for you.

china wants to dominate the economies all over the world

and they are patient enough to do it in small bites that make no impression on the globalists in their target countries

I'm not 80 years old, so I don't think I'll be buying a Buick any time soon.

Forum List

Back