Donate To Your Local Food Shelves

Thunk

Diamond Member
Sep 30, 2019
Minnesota
This is a national emergency. Millions have lost their jobs. They have no food, money, or work (or possibility of work). Entire sectors of the economy have been shut down.

They are hungry and frightened. The food banks are swarmed and can't keep up. Many have run out of food to give.

If you have the means...donate a few $ to your local food bank.

Nope. Not going to happen.

.....last I heard they were closing for stay at home because nobody wanted to work.

Hungry and frightened? Maybe it's the vision the radical left wants to portray to the world but it ain't the truth.

Second round of layoffs is happening. Businesses are abruptly closing their doors that have been open. My cousin's son just got laid off with no warning, my favorite minimart closed yesterday and a friend's two grandkids just got furloughed. Businesses that made a valiant effort are shuttering.

This is a national emergency. Millions have lost their jobs. They have no food, money, or work (or possibility of work). Entire sectors of the economy have been shut down.

They are hungry and frightened. The food banks are swarmed and can't keep up. Many have run out of food to give.

I HAVE donated some ramen noodle dinners to a local special low income housing center. They post what they need the most on a lit up sign right before the entrance of the office. The office is connected to apartments for the people who qualify for the housing. The sign seems to ALWAYS read that they need ramen noodles and of course, toilet paper. The irony of this is my sister and I would most likely qualify for this housing. We're both on fixed incomes, but we don't live above our means, and we get along quite well.

Yes Donate cash hang onto your food supplies ...I'd suggest fuck it add whatever and whatever ya can to em ....

Yes Donate cash hang onto your food supplies ...

Yeah, I mailed them a check. I didn't want to walk into the place & catch the virus. They have a deal with cub foods and can get $9 worth of food for every dollar they get...I like to see money I donate get used efficiently! And it's my neighborhood local food bank...can't get any more local than that.

They post what they need the most on a lit up sign right before the entrance of the office.

That's a great idea!
Thanks. I'm not sure how MANY towns or cities have centers like this one. I'll continue donating to them as long as I REMEMBER to do this. I purchase the ramen noodle dinners at a local grocery store, and they're very inexpensive and usually at a special sale price. I've donated after their office is closed, but you can leave the bag(s) on the sidewalk outside the door(s). I would NOT leave toilet paper outside because anyone could AND would snatch it.

Yes Donate cash hang onto your food supplies ...

Yeah, I mailed them a check. I didn't want to walk into the place & catch the virus. They have a deal with cub foods and can get $9 worth of food for every dollar they get...I like to see money I donate get used efficiently! And it's my neighborhood local food bank...can't get any more local than that.
Very nice, Thunk.

.....last I heard they were closing for stay at home because nobody wanted to work.
How long do they plan to be closed? Places can't be closed forever. Giving up for good is how destruction then has the ability to get started.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

How long do they plan to be closed? Places can't be closed forever. Giving up for good is how destruction then has the ability to get started.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

I have no idea. It is a volunteer organization so I suppose they will close until their volunteer staff decides it is safe to return to work. The state stay at home order runs into June.

How long do they plan to be closed? Places can't be closed forever.

If they Thunked like president Donald J Trump...they would reopen in 5 minutes with a new plan where people come masked up & take a box of food...single file line staying 6 feet apart from each other.

No mask...no box of food! Closer than 6 feet...no food for you!

Forum List

Back