Donald Trump’s Scheme to Bribe Seniors With $200 Gift Cards Is Not Obviously Legal

DrLove

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2016
Central Oregon Coast
So THIS is his vaunted new health car plan - Is he f'n KIDDING?

First of all, he can't do that without congressional approval. Secondly, without my Obamacare I'd be paying 500 bucks a MONTH for one of my prescriptions. Jesus H - Does the stupidity ever end ... EVER? :icon_rolleyes:

During a rally to unveil his new, predictably thin and gimmicky health care agenda on Thursday, Donald Trump made the surprise announcement that his administration would send $200 gift cards in “in coming weeks” to 33 million senior citizens that they could use to pay for prescription drugs. “Nobody has seen this before,” the president said, accurately. That Trump was publicly declaring his intent to bribe elderly voters just before an election using public money was lost on nobody. Less clear is how the president actually intends to execute this latest scheme, or if it’s even the tiniest bit legal.​
The $200 coupons appear to be a fallback plan, hatched after a deal between the administration and the pharmaceutical industry to lower prescription medicine prices collapsed earlier this month. The agreement, in which companies would have spent $150 billion to bring down out-of-pocket costs for consumers, fell apart after White House Chief of Staff Mark Meadows demanded that drugmakers pay for $100 drug discount cards that the administration would then mail to voters before the election, as the New York Times reported. The companies balked for the understandable reason that participating in an obvious campaign ploy might create bad “optics“—i.e. piss off the Democrats who could control Washington a few months from now.​

Better than Biden's plan to bribe youngsters with free TVs and X-Boxes

Looting.jpg

He thinks seniors are stupid. Those that think $2oo is going to help them pay their medical bills, aren't in a healthy state of mind and hopefully, someone else can make the important decisions for them.

200 bucks wouldn't pay for a years supply of fucking Acetaminophen and Geritol. The man is delusional and out of touch having lived a privileged life courtesy of Daddy Fred and his half billion dollar inheritance.

He thinks seniors are stupid. Those that think $2oo is going to help them pay their medical bills, aren't in a healthy state of mind and hopefully, someone else can make the important decisions for them.

200 bucks wouldn't pay for a years supply of fucking Acetaminophen and Geritol. The man is delusional and out of touch having lived a privileged life courtesy of Daddy Fred and his half billion dollar inheritance.
And yet you lefties sucked Obama’s ass for his $25.00 tax credit. Go figure.

What you lefties didn’t kill off all of the seniors in their nursing homes so you could steal there social security?

Why are you saying that people who disagree with you politically are killing people? If you don't report this to the police you are complicit in the crime. I'd be careful accusing people of murder.
Oh and on your SS point :
President Trump Won’t Destroy Social Security—But He’s Not Going To Save It

And yet you lefties sucked Obama’s ass for his $25.00 tax credit. Go figure.

You suck ass? TMI really not necessary.

Better than Biden's plan to bribe youngsters with free TVs and X-Boxes

Can you please link us to when Biden promised free Xboxes and TVs to people. Thanks in advance
When his staff paid their bail?

If you can't respond intelligently to the OP, kindly bugger off.

Translation: Don't say anything that disagrees with me or points out my hypocrisy.

Translation of Translation: I don't have an intelligent response either.

Forum List

Back