Donald Trump Receives A Nomination For Speaker Of The House

The head of the house of representatives is the best way I can describe it. I don't like the man but he's still the best one for the job in my book.
Fair enough, but what are their duties though?

Like I said that that was the best way that I could describe it. Like they're in charge bringing up issues and putting things to a vote and stuff is what I gathered after Googling it.

Like I said that that was the best way that I could describe it. Like they're in charge bringing up issues and putting things to a vote and stuff is what I gathered after Googling it.
K, and you honestly think Trump would be suited for that job?

WoW! Why? How?!?

Because he was never the one who created our country's current issues in the first place. Except for inflation started under his Administration, but it didn't get bad until underneath Biden. Parents could get involved in their children's education, they also they weren't mutating children or allow little girls to get raped in their restrooms or hurt on their sports' teams.

Who cares why they did? I'd love for it to go to Trump, I just don't see it happening unfortunately because of how so people hate him.

Right many of the same house R's whining about voting for Kevin because the majority nominated him are never-TRUMPer's who openly campaigned against TRUMP in 2020. F-them they all sound so arrogant demanding votes for Kevin when just a few weeks ago they were blaming R losses on candidate "quality".

Looks like he got precisely one vote.

Yeah like I said, I don't think he's actually going to win and I don't like the man much either, but he could start changing the country around. In my opinion anyways since I know you don't like him, yet you gave your opinion without exploding at me. See? You do have a heart in there somewhere. 🙂

Right many of the same house R's whining about voting for Kevin because the majority nominated him are never-TRUMPer's who openly campaigned against TRUMP in 2020. F-them they all sound so arrogant demanding votes for Kevin when just a few weeks ago they were blaming R losses on candidate "quality".

Exactly. I don't know much about Kevin, but if he's having problems voting in then you know Trump will. This shouldn't be a popularity contest though,.. it should be about saving our country.

Their primary function is to manage the flow of legislation. They decide which bills will come to the floor for debate and a vote. IOW, they have the power to stop legislation even if it's overwhelmingly popular. The only way McCarthy still gets the gavel will be if he agrees to give that power back to the other members to be decided by majority vote. They've had over a decade to watch him and they KNOW he's an establish RINO. I think he'd make serious concessions to the Dems to get the gavel, including sharing subpoena power with them. That would effectively stunt or stop the investigations that have been promised.

Their primary function is to manage the flow of legislation. They decide which bills will come to the floor for debate and a vote. IOW, they have the power to stop legislation even if it's overwhelmingly popular. The only way McCarthy still gets the gavel will be if he agrees to give that power back to the other members to be decided by majority vote. They've had over a decade to watch him and they KNOW he's an establish RINO. I think he'd make serious concessions to the Dems to get the gavel, including sharing subpoena power with them. That would effectively stunt or stop the investigations that have been promised.
You're for these political investigations?

No matter what happened Kevin was destined to be the weakest Speaker ever, this situation made it worse. He's actually already capitulated to the far rightwing of his party, literally agreeing to everything they wanted, and it still isn't enough.

#SMHGOP

Forum List

Back