Donald Trump just savaged an(other) American hero

Trump was not a veteran. He gets no points for being a veteran. We support Trump for normal political reasons, primarily based on issues.

You seem confused here. Trump calling McCain a "rhino" is not about McCain's military service, but about his service as a Senator.
Now you are playing dumb, he said a helluva alot more about him than calling him a RINO. Save the bullshit.

Because I don't watch the View and who criticized her military service?
The question wasn’t whether you watched the View. The View is t the only example of Leftist fake outrage over things they are more guilty of themselves.

Now you are playing dumb, he said a helluva alot more about him than calling him a RINO. Save the bullshit.

That was years ago, and McCain was the real asshole there too.

THis thread is about Trump calling a rhino, a rhino, and libtards pretending that is him being really mean.

In a statement ostensibly about the late senator's daughter and her decision to leave "The View," Trump spent most of his time attacking McCain himself. Among the litany of abuse:

* Trump "made it possible for her father to have the world's longest funeral, designed and orchestrated by him, even though I was never, to put it mildly, a fan."

* Of McCain, Trump said: "In his own very special way, he was a RINO's RINO."

* Trump won Arizona in 2016 "despite [McCain] fighting against me."

* Trump noted that McCain "was close to last in his class at Annapolis."

Remember that Trump is talking about a man who spent years in a North Vietnamese prison camp where he was repeatedly tortured. The harm he suffered while in captivity stayed with him the rest of his life. (He could never lift his arm above his head again.) After his release, McCain served in the House and then was elected to the US Senate in 1986, where he served for more than three decades. He ran for president twice, winning the Republican nomination in 2008.

In short, whatever you think of McCain's politics, this was a man who spent nearly his entire life serving his country in some way, shape or form. You can like or dislike him personally -- and politically -- but there is no way to dispute that.

Which brings me back to Trump. Who, despite insisting that no one loves the military (and its commanders) more than him, has now publicly denigrated two highly-decorated military men in the last five days.

The hypocrisy there is obvious. But of course, Trump won't acknowledge it. That is simply Trump being Trump.

Now watch how many right wingers come out and defend this garbage.

Trump attacks a man when he was too much of a coward to even serve.

He claims he loves the military, but attacks military members at every twist and turn.

He has attacked 2 men who deserve nothing but honor and respect from this country.

To quote Nicholas in A Few Good Men.

I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post.
McCain doesn't get to trade forever on his status as a POW, especially since he was largely responsible for being shot down.

Yea 3 or 4yrs ago is alot of years ago. Smfh.

Is it?
1. Yes. Considering it was about a small spat of back and forth name calling, yes, 3 or 4 years is a VERY long time, to still be talking about it. Hell, 3 or 4 DAYS was a long time to discuss it. Too long.

2. Yep. Libs NEED to gin up shit to pretend to be outraged about, because the truth doesn't work for them anymore. Hasn't for a very long time. Much longer than 3 or 4 years. More like 3 or 4 decades. Minimal.

I don't give a damn, the man SERVED. Explain how a coward who didn't serve when his country called him can attack someone's military service.
No one is attacking his military service, moron. They are attacking his douchebag behavior to his party.

In a statement ostensibly about the late senator's daughter and her decision to leave "The View," Trump spent most of his time attacking McCain himself. Among the litany of abuse:

* Trump "made it possible for her father to have the world's longest funeral, designed and orchestrated by him, even though I was never, to put it mildly, a fan."

Remember that Trump is talking about a man who spent years in a North Vietnamese prison camp where he was repeatedly tortured. The harm he suffered while in captivity stayed with him the rest of his life. (He could never lift his arm above his head again.) After his release, McCain served in the House and then was elected to the US Senate in 1986, where he served for more than three decades. He ran for president twice, winning the Republican nomination in 2008.

In short, whatever you think of McCain's politics, this was a man who spent nearly his entire life serving his country in some way, shape or form. You can like or dislike him personally -- and politically -- but there is no way to dispute that.

Which brings me back to Trump. Who, despite insisting that no one loves the military (and its commanders) more than him, has now publicly denigrated two highly-decorated military men in the last five days.

The hypocrisy there is obvious. But of course, Trump won't acknowledge it. That is simply Trump being Trump.

He claims he loves the military, but attacks military members at every twist and turn
He has attacked 2 men who deserve nothing but honor and respect from this country.

I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post.
McCain was a worthless piece of shit and every one in Arizona knows that fact. Trump hits the nail on the head once again.

He claims he loves the military, but attacks military members at every twist and turn.

I remember John McCain as being part of the Keating Five.

Do you know how and why McCain was captured and tortured?

He's no American hero.
He got shot down flying his 23'rd combat mission...after requesting that he get a combat assignment.
And he was shot down over Hanoi.
At the time - probably the most heavily-defended city against airborne attack in the world.
During Operation Rolling Thunder - or as many pilots apparently named it 'Rolling Blunder'.
What the fuck is non-heroic about that?

I assume the bravest thing you have ever done is run an amber, traffic light at 2 a.m..

I did not agree with his politics much of the time.
But I bet that this guy was braver than 99% of the people who post here.
And way more than you---guaranteed.

Last edited:
McCain was a worthless piece of shit and every one in Arizona knows that fact. Trump hits the nail on the head once again.
Wow...how brave of you to call him out when the guy is already dead.

What's next?
Go and find Stalin's grave and give him a 'piece of your mind'.
Or maybe drive by your ex-wife's/girlfriend's house and call her names with your window rolled up.

Whatever pal.
:auiqs.jpg: :rolleyes:

Do you remember Trump as being a coward?
Trump was NEVER a coward.
He fought bravely.

“It’s amazing, I can’t even believe it. I’ve been so lucky in terms of that whole world, it is a dangerous world out there. It’s like Vietnam, sort of. It is my personal Vietnam. I feel like a great and very brave solider,” Trump said in the interview when Howard Stern asked how he handled making sure he wasn’t contracting STDs from the women he was sleeping with.

Trump is such a loser. He can't feel good about himself unless he's trashing someone else.

New Topics

Forum List

Back