Donald Trump has gone too far for French far-right leader Marine Le Pen

Political Junky

Gold Member
May 27, 2009
Now, that's saying a lot.

Donald Trump has been frequently compared (including by me) to "far-right" populist movements in Europe. Indeed, scholarly experts on fascism say that this — rather than fascism — is the correct comparison to make about Trump.

But as David Kirkpatrick writes in the New York Times, Marine Le Pen, the leader of France's very successful populist right party Front National, actually thinks Trump has gone too far:

Mr. Trump on Monday evoked comparisons to Ms. Le Pen and her European counterparts with his call to close American borders to all Muslims "until our country’s representatives can figure out what the hell is going on."

Ms. Le Pen said that was too much for her, perhaps in part because she feared jeopardizing the progress she had made in shedding her party’s previous image as racist and anti-Semitic.
<more>

• So let me get this straight.
Europe slams migrant door: Hungary, Austria and Holland shut borders as Germany imposes controls - saying it can't cope

And Trump is the one who has gone too far?

The far right in England or France is just to the left of Clinton.
That seems to be the Right's talking point.
I've lived in London 3 years. My personal opinion is that the Tories are nearly all to the left of Clinton and there's room for UKIP to the left of her, too. The French conservative PM was openly dating a chick outside of his marriage while in office. He told his critics to get over it.

I've lived in London 3 years. My personal opinion is that the Tories are nearly all to the left of Clinton and there's room for UKIP to the left of her, too. The French conservative PM was openly dating a chick outside of his marriage while in office. He told his critics to get over it.
So?

Now, that's saying a lot.

Donald Trump has been frequently compared (including by me) to "far-right" populist movements in Europe. Indeed, scholarly experts on fascism say that this — rather than fascism — is the correct comparison to make about Trump.

But as David Kirkpatrick writes in the New York Times, Marine Le Pen, the leader of France's very successful populist right party Front National, actually thinks Trump has gone too far:

Mr. Trump on Monday evoked comparisons to Ms. Le Pen and her European counterparts with his call to close American borders to all Muslims "until our country’s representatives can figure out what the hell is going on."

Ms. Le Pen said that was too much for her, perhaps in part because she feared jeopardizing the progress she had made in shedding her party’s previous image as racist and anti-Semitic.
<more>

Wait a minute they just raided a shitload of mosques in France.

Europe needs to give Obama or Hillary another Nobel Peace Prize so that they will go take out Assad and ISIS like Obama took out Gaddafi for them.

Then they can send them all home

So?
Nobody's told me that what I said is true, I've seen it for myself. I don't think this escaped any one of us Americans who were out there.

New Topics

Forum List

Back