Donald Trump Had a Standing Order for Declassification of Docs

6 years of believing Russian collusion actually exists and going strong fanboy! Keep up the good work. Hey, did you know pregnant chads are real too?

Find a post where I talked about Trump being involved with the Russians. In 2016 I was posting online at a site called Discussionist. It went offline, and I came here.

What I said then was this. I had a hard time believing the idea of Trump getting golden showers in Moscow. It did not suit his personality. He would be the one pissing on people, not the one getting pissed on.

But then, the same as now, I waited to make up my mind until more information came out. I did not assume that it was true, or false, and hold that position in spite of whatever evidence came to disprove my position.

I make decisions that way. I make decisions based upon information.

Oh, and we are going all the way back to Bush and Gore and the debacle of Florida in 2000? Great. How much further you want to go back to make the childish argument that “They did it too”.

I was taught as a boy that the argument They did it too was the worst excuse anyone could ever use. It meant that you knew you were doing the wrong thing, and you were upset that you got caught when they didn’t.

You might want to look up the word Integrity. It seems to be missing from your argument and beliefs.

Trump is an incredible danger to this country.

In a million years, Trump could not acquire the intelligence, the basic "smarts" to understand which classified documents were "safe" to declassify, and which should remain classified for the protection of our country.

It's common knowledge that Trump is a dunce. He hates to read anything, and would rarely allow the morning security briefings because he found them "boring."

He often said, "I am smarter than all my generals." The man is a fool. A very dangerous fool.

It's also widely known that Trump would discuss classified information around Chinese or Russian officials. He, is an idiot of the highest order.

Find a post where I talked about Trump being involved with the Russians. In 2016 I was posting online at a site called Discussionist. It went offline, and I came here.

What I said then was this. I had a hard time believing the idea of Trump getting golden showers in Moscow. It did not suit his personality. He would be the one pissing on people, not the one getting pissed on.

But then, the same as now, I waited to make up my mind until more information came out. I did not assume that it was true, or false, and hold that position in spite of whatever evidence came to disprove my position.

I make decisions that way. I make decisions based upon information.

Oh, and we are going all the way back to Bush and Gore and the debacle of Florida in 2000? Great. How much further you want to go back to make the childish argument that “They did it too”.

I was taught as a boy that the argument They did it too was the worst excuse anyone could ever use. It meant that you knew you were doing the wrong thing, and you were upset that you got caught when they didn’t.

You might want to look up the word Integrity. It seems to be missing from your argument and beliefs.

The people who run DC and thus our nation depend on your integrity while they destroy everything. They depend on you to weigh out each one of these issues at length while they do not care one whit about any of it.

Monday brought that into final, sharp focus for me.

Trump is not an exemplary man. I do not care. He is not the enemy here.

The people who run DC and thus our nation depend on your integrity while they destroy everything. They depend on you to weigh out each one of these issues at length while they do not care one whit about any of it.

Monday brought that into final, sharp focus for me.

Trump is not an exemplary man. I do not care. He is not the enemy here.

I never said he was. However. It is a question of equality and of the rules.

Life will never be fair. That is a given. 100 cars are speeding down the highway. One will get pulled over by a cop to get a ticket. The argument being made by the Trump people today is that because 99 got away with speeding it isn’t fair to get the one guy who was caught.

My answer is always the same. Don’t speed. Nobody is forcing you.

Trump liked making the statement that Hillary was awful and nobody was going to get away with that again. He signed a law to that effect.

If you are making the rules you need to follow them. It is called leading by example. It is something I give a hell of a lot of credit to Carter for.

The death nail for Nixon was the idiotic argument he made. If a President does it it is automatically legal. That is the argument made by Trump. Anything he does as President is fine.

Even if he breaks the rules he himself set. That doesn’t matter. If he does it then it is automatically legal.

I said before. I don’t think they will get anything but a hung jury if they tried him. But I think it does show how unsuited he is to be President.

I never said he was. However. It is a question of equality and of the rules.

Life will never be fair. That is a given. 100 cars are speeding down the highway. One will get pulled over by a cop to get a ticket. The argument being made by the Trump people today is that because 99 got away with speeding it isn’t fair to get the one guy who was caught.

My answer is always the same. Don’t speed. Nobody is forcing you.

Trump liked making the statement that Hillary was awful and nobody was going to get away with that again. He signed a law to that effect.

If you are making the rules you need to follow them. It is called leading by example. It is something I give a hell of a lot of credit to Carter for.

The death nail for Nixon was the idiotic argument he made. If a President does it it is automatically legal. That is the argument made by Trump. Anything he does as President is fine.

Even if he breaks the rules he himself set. That doesn’t matter. If he does it then it is automatically legal.

I said before. I don’t think they will get anything but a hung jury if they tried him. But I think it does show how unsuited he is to be President.

It is not that he broke this one rule.

It is that the bureaucratic cabal has decided that they are in charge and they didn't like the president the people elected. So they attempted before he even took office to hound him out of it.

That's the basic definition of unAmerican. I don't give a crap what you think of Donald Trump. I'm certainly no fan of him personally. But I'd walk over hot coals to vote for him now on principle.

Otherwise we lose our country--if it's not too late already.

Oops! Sorry, leftoids.

Donald Trump had a “standing order” that the documents at Mar-A-Lago were to be considered declassified, according to a statement the former president’s office provided to Just the News on Friday.

“The very fact that these documents were present at Mar-a-Lago means they couldn’t have been classified,” the former president’s office stated. “As we can all relate to, everyone ends up having to bring home their work from time to time. American presidents are no different. President Trump, in order to prepare for work the next day, often took documents including classified documents from the Oval Office to the residence.”

“He had a standing order that documents removed from the Oval Office and taken into the residence were deemed to be declassified,” the statement added. “The power to classify and declassify documents rests solely with the President of the United States. The idea that some paper-pushing bureaucrat, with classification authority delegated BY THE PRESIDENT, needs to approve of declassification is absurd.”

The Left in government leadership will attempt to contest that, but the President has very broad powers in this area. Obama himself solidified that power in 2009.

Obama’s executive order no. 13526, issued in 2009, laid out the stringent process all federal officials and agencies needed to follow for declassification but explicitly exempted the sitting president and vice president from having to follow those procedures.

There is also an executive order by George W. Bush in 2003 that covers it.

Dude, your my favorite poster . But, what you don't get is they do not care . They are not going to say sorry, there will be no consequences for their actions. What will happen next is leaking . Client attorney privileges will be ignored by the media , and they will publish anything that puts Trump in a bad light. That makes everything they do ok . They will not be questioned . For nothing is off-limits when it comes to TDS. Laws , constitution, America and Americans be dammed. Trump must fall and they will not ever quit.

It is not that he broke this one rule.

It is that the bureaucratic cabal has decided that they are in charge and they didn't like the president the people elected. So they attempted before he even took office to hound him out of it.

That's the basic definition of unAmerican. I don't give a crap what you think of Donald Trump. I'm certainly no fan of him personally. But I'd walk over hot coals to vote for him now on principle.

Otherwise we lose our country--if it's not too late already.

Preposterous.

Have you ever heard the sporting term unforced error? That describes Trumps actions in most every case.

When he took office. I said that nobody was ever ready on day one. I said it takes time to learn the job. We should be patient.

Trump would not learn. He just wouldn’t. Look at my History. I mocked the Democrats during Trumps first year for being unreasonable.

I’m willing to give people a chance. I’m willing to give anyone the benefit of the doubt.

The problem is that the cabal in DC is charged with just that. The FBI is charged by law to investigate possible federal crimes. The FBI is also charged with maintaining security of Classified documents.

But let’s use another example. The detainer requests ignored by Sanctuary Cities. This will apply. Give it a moment.

The detainer requests were letters sent that the CBP wanted the cops to hold a guy. Say Juan Smith. Until they could come get him. Sanctuary Cities told the CBP to go piss up a rope. And they broke no laws. I said at the time. A request is like your neighbor asking for a favor. You are under no obligation to fulfill the request.

A warrant takes the option away. Every cop has to abide by a warrant. Period. No excuses or exceptions. So if Juan Smith had a warrant the Sanctuary Cities could not release him.

Once a warrant had been issued. The FBI was required by law to enforce it. They had 14 days to execute it. This is the law. It applies to everyone. Period.

I said and I still say that I don’t know if it was justified. Time will see the information released and I’ll decide when I have enough information to do so. But the situation as it stands now is that it appears. Appears. Not is certainly. Not proven beyond any doubt. Appears as though the warrant was justified.

Right now we are reduced to discussing if the Top Secret Documents were declassified or not. Trump says they were. Even though they were never made available to the public, stamped as declassified, or notice sent to the originating agency and the oversight panel for classification. Some sort of automatic declassification.

If it turns out that the Warrant was unjustified. And that is a big if. It appears right now that in that circumstance that nobody was right. Because Trump’s statements and excuses are idiotic and flimsy.

Oops! Sorry, leftoids.

Donald Trump had a “standing order” that the documents at Mar-A-Lago were to be considered declassified, according to a statement the former president’s office provided to Just the News on Friday.
“The very fact that these documents were present at Mar-a-Lago means they couldn’t have been classified,” the former president’s office stated. “As we can all relate to, everyone ends up having to bring home their work from time to time. American presidents are no different. President Trump, in order to prepare for work the next day, often took documents including classified documents from the Oval Office to the residence.”
“He had a standing order that documents removed from the Oval Office and taken into the residence were deemed to be declassified,” the statement added. “The power to classify and declassify documents rests solely with the President of the United States. The idea that some paper-pushing bureaucrat, with classification authority delegated BY THE PRESIDENT, needs to approve of declassification is absurd.”
The Left in government leadership will attempt to contest that, but the President has very broad powers in this area. Obama himself solidified that power in 2009.
Obama’s executive order no. 13526, issued in 2009, laid out the stringent process all federal officials and agencies needed to follow for declassification but explicitly exempted the sitting president and vice president from having to follow those procedures.

Actually, he didn’t. He is making it up as he goes. Which isn’t going to help in court.

Actually, he didn’t. He is making it up as he goes. Which isn’t going to help in court.

I have been considering it. There is little chance of it ever going to court. Even in Fulton County. The reason is that there is little chance of anything but a hung jury.

Let’s be honest. 12 Jurors, one of them is going to be a Trump Fanboy. It is simply not possible to get 12 people at random anywhere without there being at least one who would vote Not Guilty no matter what.

The same is true the other way. You can’t get 12 people together without there being at least one who hates Trump and would vote Guilty no matter what.

So a hung jury is the only outcome that is possible. And the prosecutors are smart enough to recognize that.

Finding twelve people who have no opinion on the Former President. Impossible when you have only a single county to work with.

So no. I don’t think it’s going to court. Oh one last thing. I didn’t even discuss the possibility that the Civil War kicks off because of the attempt to try Trump.

Oops! Sorry, leftoids.

No he didn't..another weak lie busted:

Two of former President Donald Trump's ex-chiefs of staff rejected claims that there was a "standing order" to declassify documents taken to his residence.
The FBI carried out a search warrant of Trump's Florida resort home, Mar-a-Lago, on August 8 to recover top secret and other classified materials that the ex-president had taken from the White House. Although Trump initially floated the possibility that the FBI planted the classified documents, his spokespeople later pivoted to say that the files were declassified under an established procedure.
"President Trump, in order to prepare for work the next day, often took documents, including classified documents, to the residence. He had a standing order that documents removed from the Oval Office and taken to the residence were deemed to be declassified the moment he removed them," his team told Fox News in a statement last Friday evening.
However, John Kelly, who served as Trump's White House chief of staff from July 2017 to January 2019, and Mick Mulvaney, who held the role in an acting capacity from January 2019 to March 2020, told CNN for an article published Thursday, that there was no "standing order." Kelly went so far as to call the idea "foolish."
"Nothing approaching an order that foolish was ever given," Kelly said. "And I can't imagine anyone that worked at the White House after me that would have simply shrugged their shoulders and allowed that order to go forward without dying in the ditch trying to stop it."
Mulvaney told CNN that he was "not aware of a general standing order" while he served as the former president's top White House aide. The CNN report cited 18 former Trump administration officials, some of who were not named, who said they'd never heard of the directive.
Newsweek reached out to Trump's press office and the former president's final chief of staff, Mark Meadows, for comment.
Trump said that the information was "declassified" in a post to his Truth Social online platform last Friday. "Number one, it was all declassified. Number two, they didn't need to 'seize' anything. They could have had it anytime they wanted without playing politics and breaking into Mar-a-Lago," he wrote.
Presidents do have wide latitude to declassify federal government documents while in office. However, legal experts have explained that this still requires a process, and it's not clear that the required steps were followed for Trump to declassify the material. Other legal analysts have said that it may not matter, as the federal statutes the FBI warrant cited wouldn't require the documents to be classified in order for the law to have been broken.
"This defense will fail because the three laws that they selected to put on the search warrant don't require that the documents be classified," former U.S. attorney Barbara McQuade said during a Saturday appearance on MSNBC. "I think this is going to be the incredible shape-shifting defense; we've already seen several iterations of this from first denying that he had them and then accusing the FBI of planting certain evidence and now it's the classification."

Trump's former national security adviser John Bolton, who held that title from April 2018 to September 2019, also said he was unaware of a so-called "standing order" about declassified material.

Can the president declassify anything they want? Yes. That is one of the things they are allowed to do as president.

HOWEVER.........................

While they can declassify anything they want, they need to let everyone else who also holds those documents that the classification of them has changed from whatever classification they were to declassified. Those documents don't exist only on the desk of the president, they also exist at many other agencies and commands.

Can the president declassify anything they want? Yes. That is one of the things they are allowed to do as president.

HOWEVER.........................

While they can declassify anything they want, they need to let everyone else who also holds those documents that the classification of them has changed from whatever classification they were to declassified. Those documents don't exist only on the desk of the president, they also exist at many other agencies and commands.

Not really......if some people don't know they have been declassified, no harm no foul......we are talking about the documents in Trump's custody....

Not really......if some people don't know they have been declassified, no harm no foul......we are talking about the documents in Trump's custody....
There isn't just one copy of the document. And you don't classify a document, you classified the information in the document. Any given document can have information from different sources classified at different levels. The overall classification for the document will be the highest level. The President decides to declassify a paragraph. Every document that contains that information needs to be amended. Even worse in the reverse scenario. The President can decide to classify information. Without the procedure to convey the change in classification, classified information could be shared with others.

Oops! Sorry, leftoids.

thanks for this much-needed clarification. I had heard this before on the news but you know how it goes.. other "journalists" keep refuting it just so they can get a few Kool Aid drinkers to believe their lies..

You've obviously never been around classified material.

See this is what people that don't understand "classified" shows. Documents are not "declassified" it is the information in the document that is declassified.

For example lets say that there are 6 copies of a specific document containing specific classified information. One located in the White House, 5 located amongst various agencies which also need the document. In addition there are subordinate documents that contain (either in part of in whole some of the same classified information).

Under a normal process when the information contained in a highly classified documents is declassified (or downgraded) that impacts all copies of the document (it's information, and subordinate documents containing the same information in whole or portions of a subordinate document).

So If the FPOTUS "declassified" a document, he is really declassifying the information in that document. If the FPOTUS, while acting as POTUS, "declassified" the information without telling anyone (either directly or in writing) for that specific document, you end up with:
  • One copy of the information located at the White House being "declassified", and
  • Five copies of the information located at the responsible agencies still being classified as the responsible agencies will not know the information was declassified because they FPOTUS (while POTUS) just mentally declassified the information in his head.
The result is someone could be prosecuted for improper handling of classified material for actions related to the 5 responsible agency documents, but not for improper handling of the exact same document if the source of the document was the White House. But they contain the same information. By this we are talking about the information in the document and subordinate information which sourced the document which can have even wider reaching impacts.

The national security infrastructure cannot function in a reasonable way if the same information is both classified and declassified at the same time simply because the POTUS chooses not to tell anyone.

Kind of a Schrodinger's Classified document where the same information is both classified and declassified at the same time until someone asks the FPOTUS to find out if he mentally and secretly declassified it without telling anyone while still POTUS. Normal people wouldn't know just be looking at the document.

WW

Forum List

Back