Donald Trump Did it Again

He impacted the ratings in a big way. CNN drew 18 million to their last debate 2 weeks ago. Last night Fox drew only 12 million. It is safe to say they lost at least 6 million viewers. It's called "WINNING".

:thup:

He impacted the ratings in a big way. CNN drew 18 million to their last debate 2 weeks ago. Last night Fox drew only 12 million. It is safe to say they lost at least 6 million viewers. It's called "WINNING".

You may want to double that....they lost 12 million supposedly.

Yes, compared to the August debate which drew 25 million viewers. I was being conservative.....:thup:

Sounds to me like FOX made a bad decision as no one really gives a hoot to hear Islamic rhetoric. Oh' wells.

Yes sir, FOX screwed that up. I did like the format though.

I watched the debate online. All in all it was pretty boring. Cruz was a big disappoinement. Talk about whining. His attempts at humor failed miserably as well. AND he blew his chances at the VP slot with his jabs at Trump.

I watched the debate online. All in all it was pretty boring. Cruz was a big disappoinement. Talk about whining. His attempts at humor failed miserably as well.

He does have one of the more annoying voices I have to say.

I watched the debate online. All in all it was pretty boring. Cruz was a big disappoinement. Talk about whining. His attempts at humor failed miserably as well. AND he blew his chances at the VP slot with his jabs at Trump.
The minute his ability to run for the Presidency came into question with threats of lawsuits his VP consideration went out the door. I don't think Trump ever considered him anyhow. I've said all along that I_think_Trump is going to grab someone from the private sector

Looks like Trump stole Fox's thunder. Not good for those hoping he'd fail at stealing viewers. They hyped this debate more than the FBN one two weeks ago so its pretty obvious his absence had a impact.

Who won the ratings race, Fox News or Donald Trump?

Once again -- "ratings" are completely irrelevant to a political debate.

Ratings are for selling things. If you're not either buying or selling ad time --- they have no meaning whatsoever.

I watched the debate online. All in all it was pretty boring. Cruz was a big disappoinement. Talk about whining. His attempts at humor failed miserably as well.

He does have one of the more annoying voices I have to say.
And there was jeb handing out his spankings on Arab immigrants and immigrants in general. The dude is a fkn turd. I was muting the TV after awhile cause he's so hard to listen to.

I don't think our next VP was even on the stage. I think Trump is going to pick a woman.

Looks like Trump stole Fox's thunder. Not good for those hoping he'd fail at stealing viewers. They hyped this debate more than the FBN one two weeks ago so its pretty obvious his absence had a impact.

Ratings are for selling things. If you're not either buying or selling ad time --- they have no meaning whatsoever.
The BASICS of ratings is to JUDGE who is being watched and listened to. Its SIDE EFFECT is used to sell time.

You're kidding right? EVERYTHING in TV is about ratings Pogo. You don't get the ratings, you don't get the big advertising dollars. A 30 second spot on The Factor will cost you hundreds of thousands more than on the Rachel Maddow show...why? Ratings.

The BASICS of ratings is to JUDGE who is being watched and listened to. Its SIDE EFFECT is used to sell time.

No, Pinkie. Selling ads is the whole reason ratings exist at all and their only purpose. They tell a potential advertiser, "we can deilver X amount of eyeballs, in these categories, for you to sell your chocolate bar". That's it. The end, full stop.

It has no function in a political debate, which is in effect a public service message. How many or how few watch that message is irrelevant; the point is that the media outlet provided it. And that means they can point to themselves and say "see? We contributed to the public discourse". And that's it.

I have no doubt Rump knows this as well as I do, as any broadcaster does. But he's counting on the unwashed to NOT know it. I just let the cat out of the bag.

Thank me later.

The minute his ability to run for the Presidency came into question with threats of lawsuits his VP consideration went out the door. I don't think Trump ever considered him anyhow. I've said all along that I_think_Trump is going to grab someone from the private sector

If Trump is the nominee I think he will bring in an old school politico as VP. He needs someone who knows the ins and outs and he's smart enough to recruit from those who know the game.

Fox advertised their Thursday night viewing attendance. I don't think they hurt themselves.

GOP debate second highest rated show in FOX News history

Thursday night’s Republican presidential debate on FOX News Channel scored 12.5 million viewers, making it the second-highest rated telecast in the network’s history.

The debate topped all television shows -- including broadcast programs -- on Thursday night in total viewers. It also pulled in 3.5 million viewers in the advertiser-friendly demo of adults aged 25-54, according to Early Nielsen Research.

The debate beat CNN and MSNBC combined in both total viewers and the 25-54 demo. Those networks aired segments of a Donald Trump rally, which was scheduled after the GOP contender withdrew from the Fox News debate.

GOP debate second highest rated show in FOX News history

No, Pinkie. Selling ads is the whole reason ratings exist at all and their only purpose. They tell a potential advertiser, "we can deilver X amount of eyeballs, in these categories, for you to sell your chocolate bar". That's it. The end, full stop.

It has no function in a political debate, which is in effect a public service message. How many or how few watch that message is irrelevant; the point is that the media outlet provided it. And that means they can point to themselves and say "see? We contributed to the public discourse". And that's it.

I have no doubt Rump knows this as well as I do, as any broadcaster does. But he's counting on the unwashed to NOT know it. I just let the cat out of the bag.

Thank me later.
So the SUPER BOWL exists ONLY to sell products and NOT to tell who is number one? No wonder members think you are stupid.

If Trump is the nominee I think he will bring in an old school politico as VP. He needs someone who knows the ins and outs and he's smart enough to recruit from those who know the game.
I think his staff will be old school but his VP will be fresh. If he picks that Joni, he gets fresh and a woman to quell ANY anti-female crap the vagina party throws.

Forum List

Back