Donald J. Trump - Speaker of the House?

AvgGuyIA

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2010
Davenport, IA
Mr. Trump will win the Presidency, but in the unlikely scenario the Country goes insane and elects Hillary, what if Mr. Trump takes on the role of Speaker of the House? He has the balls to stop the Democrats should they take the Senate and Presidency, unlike the shiftless Republicans led by Paul Ryan during the Obama Regime. They let Obama get away with being a dictator; would they have the balls to stand up against a female? (Oh my, we can't lose the women's vote!!!"

I think Mr. Trump would do it. He likes campaigning and starting an unprecedented movement that inspired millions of dissatisfied people to follow him. I think he would like to lead us in taking over the Republican Party once and for all.

What say you? Donald Trump, Speaker of the House. Let's get this trending. Post this question on Twitter and Facebook and wherever you go to debate.

Ya see, you have to get elected to Congress, serve a couple of terms and have the support of the rest of the republican congressional members and republicans have to maintain the majority before you "take on the role" of Speaker of the house

You do understand that the Speaker of the House is an elected representative, right? Trump never ran for the House of Representatives.

This is a political site, btw. You might want to learn how politics work.

I don't think it's fair for you to expect people to actually have the slightest idea of what they are talking about. This sight would crash if you start implementing crazy ideas like that.

You do understand that the Speaker of the House is an elected representative, right? Trump never ran for the House of Representatives.

That isn't exactly true. The Constitution doesn't specify that the Speaker needs to be elected and/or from the House; however, throughout our history, the Speaker has always been a member of the House. It's a pipe-dream and nothing more.

That's not the way I understand it. I too believe the Speaker of the House needn't be an elective representative.

I don't think it's fair for you to expect people to actually have the slightest idea of what they are talking about. This sight would crash if you start implementing crazy ideas like that.
:rofl::rofl:

Right, but first someone must sell their seat to the highest bidder before it becomes available like Obama showed us.

The Speaker is not required to be elected to Congress. They were considering Gingrich when the speakership was vacated a few years ago.

Last edited:
Speaker of the house is an elected congressman/woman
Office of the Clerk of the U.S. House of Representatives - Member FAQs

Click on #2 on the arrow to the right.

2. How is the Speaker of the House elected?
Article I, Section 2 of the U.S. Constitution states, "The House of Representatives shall chuse their Speaker and other Officers."

Although the Constitution does not require the Speaker to be a Member of the House, all Speakers have been Members.

When a Congress convenes for the first time, each major party conference or caucus nominates a candidate for Speaker. Members customarily elect the Speaker by roll call vote. A Member usually votes for the candidate from his or her own party conference or caucus but can vote for anyone, whether that person has been nominated or not.

To be elected, a candidate must receive an absolute majority of the votes cast—which may be less than a majority of the full House because of vacancies, absentee Members, or Members who vote "present." If no candidate receives the majority of votes, the roll call is repeated until a majority is reached and the Speaker is elected.

Wrong. It can be ANYONE. Look it up.
Thank you Odium , my2¢ And mdk for backing me up.

Now, let's make it happen. I think Trump would do it. He likes the idea of this movement he created. I'm ready to jettison the GOP for them not supporting Mr Trump from the moment he won the primary.

:rofl::rofl:
Irony.

Your apology is forthcoming?

That isn't exactly true. The Constitution doesn't specify that the Speaker needs to be elected and/or from the House; however, throughout our history, the Speaker has always been a member of the House. It's a pipe-dream and nothing more.
does it even talk about having a speaker of the house? or did the House make their own rules setting up a speaker of the house position?

Wrong. It can be ANYONE. Look it up.
Thank you Odium , my2¢ And mdk for backing me up.

Now, let's make it happen. I think Trump would do it. He likes the idea of this movement he created. I'm ready to jettison the GOP for them not supporting Mr Trump from the moment he won the primary.

If Trump loses, it's a highly unlikely scenario that he would be Speaker.

New Topics

Forum List

Back