Don’t talk to aliens, warns Stephen Hawking

I agree with Stephen Hawking 100% with regard to avoiding aliens from other areas of the universe.
The very idea that aliens will be benevolent and gracious is pure poppycock,no one knows, good and evil,conquer and survive, is universal
and I for one, don't like playing Russian Roulette.

Hell, just from knowing OUR lifeform, would you trust any other?

Besides,:lol:, we're all in a tizzy with the 'aliens' we know now.

Last edited:
If they have the technology to make it here they will probably see us as sea monkeys and treat us accordingly, fed to their Oscars.

Welcome to Earf!!

205yu7c.jpg

He concludes that trying to make contact with alien races is “a little too risky”. He said: “If aliens ever visit us, I think the outcome would be much as when Christopher Columbus first landed in America, which didn’t turn out very well for the Native Americans.”

Even assuming that they are benign, I expect that if we encountered a truly superior race, our society would go through enormous change in zietgiest.

I suspect we'd become dependent on them to advance our science and technology for one thing.

And since theirs would obviously be a very superior scince and technology, the disruption to our economy would be profound.

What happens when the intelligensia of a nation are completely worthless?

Well what happened to our factory workers?

Now imagine that happening to our physicists, chemists, mathamaticians rocket scientists and so forth.

ARe we going to continue to pay them salaries to do nothing?

Of course not.

Yeah, if a vastly superior race came here, and came here even with intention of helping us, this society as we know it would collapse.

That might be a good thing.

OTOH, a mankind that does not feel the need to continue learning about this universe, a mankind that is given all the answers by a superior race of aliens, really doesn't have much incentive to advance itself.

And our society has always been about that, if nothing else, for at least the last 500 years or so.

Now imagine what society is like when we're ALL on cosmic welfare of some kind.

Hawkins is right.

We'd become a people without a mission, a people without a purpose.

We'd become cosmic Indians living on a planetary reservation eating cosmic canned meat provided for us by a vastly superior society.

So my advise is this

IF a benevelent alien race discovers us, learn to weave baskets or rugs or possbily how to make tourquoise jewelry by hand.

Because other than quaint trinkets made by human hand, we're going to have nothing to offer the universe.

Why does an alien race have to be "vastly" superior? Maybe they are just a bit ahead of us. If we spent more time and money on Space we might be able to travel about more freely.

Why does an alien race have to be "vastly" superior? Maybe they are just a bit ahead of us. If we spent more time and money on Space we might be able to travel about more freely.

Well I can only compare then to the science and technology we have right now.

Right now, and my guess is for a mighty long time, any race of aliens that could visit this planet is going to have science and tecnology that is so far superior to what we have, that we'd be in far worse positions by comparison that the American Indians were compared to the EUROS.

Hey we might advance considerable in the next few years...who knows?

But today?

Today we are infants compared to any race that has interstellar, or inter galatic space travel.

Hawkings may not be too bright afterall because at 20% oxygen and only .0002 CO2 our atmosphere is pure poison to any respectable alien species

It all depends if the alien is this...

predator.jpg

or this....

et.jpg

Last edited:
I say we conquer them before they conquer us.

Really, I've always believed that alien is just a secular word for demon. I'm not interested in making friends with them.

I wouldn't trust aliens. Can't imagine they would be all that much different than humans, and have deceptive intentions at mind.

Hawkings it totally right! Why on Earth should we lure the Kanamits here to harvest us?

One of my favorite SciFi novels is "Forge of God" by Greg Bear. It is a heartbreaking story of how Earth is destroyed by malevolent aliens. The odds are that an advanced civilization will view us as a potential threat to be nipped in the bud.

The Forge of God - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Forum List

Back