Dominionist Governor Rick Perry Acknowledges Abuse of Power Allowing Austin to Secede from Texas

NYSE-margin-debt-SPX-since-1995.gif

While it's not the same graph I usually use with Defcon 1 in it...........2000 Margin debt Boom...2008 Margin Debt BOOM............And now it's at the highest level ever.........

NYSE-investor-credit-SPX-since-1980.gif

You see how they calculate the margin number? Credit balances of individuals with margin accounts minus the margin debt in those accounts. Accounts of individuals, not banks borrowing to do whatever you imagine they're doing, you silly twit.

Notice the graph...........hmmmmm Negative Credit balances peaked before each graph. In 2000, 2007, and NOW...........Which are indicators of another crash.........Or in your words a correction........You silly twit.

If they don't have the assets to pay if they play and lose then they shouldn't be betting at all...............Right now they are using Margins loans to stay in the game with no ability to pay if they lose again. Same situation as in 2008 and 2000............

But that's okay, if they lose we bail them out again.

Right now they are using Margins loans to stay in the game

Banks have margin loans? Really? How much?
Who are they borrowing from?

LOL

I'm not posting the same damn graph to you again showing Margin loans on the Markets..........You know damned well they are borrowing to pay margin again.......

How many dang times do I have to show you that data,.

Why would you confuse margin loans that people made to buy stocks with imaginary loans you think banks took out?

Never mind, I already know the answer to that. LOL!

Never mind.........LOL............The big boys took loans at .25% to pay off their losses from their bets greater than there OCC listed assets in 2008.

Never mind........

How does a loan pay off your losses? LOL!
The banks aren't borrowing money today at 0.25%, they're lending it to the Fed at 0.25%.
Their derivatives contracts are profitable, and the amount at risk is lower.
Read your own link.

Credit exposure from derivatives decreased in the first quarter. Net current credit exposure (NCCE) fell 6%, or $19 billion, to $279 billion, the lowest level since the third quarter of 2007.
Now tell me again about banks taking out margin loans. Hilarious!

92% of all Derivatives are held by 4 banks........These banks have bank to bank loans all the time.......

These Banks took out loans from the Fed in the Bail out because they couldn't cover their losses.

These banks have bank to bank loans all the time.......

OMG! Hilarious! They have trillions in excess reserves and you think they're borrowing from each other? For margin?
You really should stop.

While it's not the same graph I usually use with Defcon 1 in it...........2000 Margin debt Boom...2008 Margin Debt BOOM............And now it's at the highest level ever.........

You see how they calculate the margin number? Credit balances of individuals with margin accounts minus the margin debt in those accounts. Accounts of individuals, not banks borrowing to do whatever you imagine they're doing, you silly twit.

Notice the graph...........hmmmmm Negative Credit balances peaked before each graph. In 2000, 2007, and NOW...........Which are indicators of another crash.........Or in your words a correction........You silly twit.

Yeah, margin loans by individuals are awful.

But your stupid claim was about banks taking out margin loans. LOL!

So Investment banks don't trade and they don't have access to their Commercial Bank assets to invest since 2000 and the end of the Glass Steigal Act.

Investment banking - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

An investment bank is a financial institution that assists individuals, corporations, and governments in raising capital byunderwriting or acting as the client's agent in the issuance of securities (or both). An investment bank may also assist companies involved in mergers and acquisitions (M&A) and provide ancillary services such as market making, trading ofderivatives and equity securities, and FICC services (fixed income instruments, currencies, and commodities).

Unlike commercial banks and retail banks, investment banks do not take deposits. From 1933 (Glass–Steagall Act) until 1999 (Gramm–Leach–Bliley Act), the United States maintained a separation between investment banking and commercial banks. Other industrialized countries, including G8 countries, have historically not maintained such a separation. As part of the Dodd–Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act of 2010 (Dodd-Frank Act of 2010), Volcker Rule asserts full institutional separation of investment banking services from commercial banking.

Investment Bank Vs. Commercial Bank Chron.com

History and the Future
According to BU.edu, institutions that mixed commercial and investment banking activities contributed in part to the great depression of the early 20th century. The Glass-Steagall Act, part of the Banking Act of 1933, mandated the complete separation of commercial and investment banking activities, which seemed to yield stable results until its repeal in 1999 by the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act. Since then, large banks have been free to engage in both types of banking under one roof, which is believed to have been a large contributing factor to the bust of the internet bubble in 2000 and 2001 and the beginning of the global recession in 2008. Whether or not Congress will act to separate the two activities, seemingly so volatile when used in tandem, remains to be seen.

Big financiers are the bulk of these I bet. Some have credit lines with the banks, or maybe more than just some. It is a stack of cards, looks like to me.

Forum List

Back