Dolce & Gabbana is the latest brand to discover the perils of the marriage equality debate

Papageorgio

The Ultimate Winner
May 18, 2010
PNW
Gay marriage controversy hits Dolce Gabbana - Fortune

Looks like the agenda driven left doesn't like opinions other than their own.

FTA:Star fashion designers Domenico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana found themselves embroiled in a firestorm over the weekend after they were quoted in Italian celebrity magazine Panorama saying that “the only family is the traditional one. No chemical offsprings and rented uterus: life has a natural flow; there are things that should not be changed.”
While those comments were similar to those made a few years ago by these two men, the founders of luxury brand and celebrity favorite Dolce & Gabbana, their positions against gay marriage, gay adoption and the use of techniques such as IVF (which they said created “synthetic” children) have unleashed a ferocious reaction and prompted many celebrities, and consumers, to call for a boycott of Dolce & Gabbana, a brand that generates about $1 billion in sales a year by some estimates. Many were all the more appalled given that the statements were made by two gay men in an industry often seen as gay-friendly.

“Your archaic thinking is out of step with the times, just like your fashions. I shall never wear Dolce and Gabbana ever again. #BoycottDolceGabbana,” rock star Elton John said in an angry post on Instagram. Courtney Love and Ricky Martin were among the other celebrities calling for a boycott. Dolce and Gabbana, a couple for years until they broke up in the early 2000s, responded by calling John a “fascist” and advocating for a boycott of his music.

Btw they also insulted countless heterosexual couples. I would certainly stop supporting them if my child or a family I know had used IVF to make their family.

I'm tolerant and secure enough in my life that two peoples opinions that I really don't know is not going to upset me.

Btw they also insulted countless heterosexual couples. I would certainly stop supporting them if my child or a family I know had used IVF to make their family.

I'm tolerant and secure enough in my life that two peoples opinions that I really don't know is not going to upset me.
I don't think so. Because Elton John, a person you don't know, had an opinion that upset you enough to start this thread.

I don't think so. Because Elton John, a person you don't know, had an opinion that upset you enough to start this thread.

I'm not upset, I find it odd that liberals aren't tolerant and they demand others should be. Also the Beckhams are also boycotting along with other so called "tolerant" liberals.

I don't really boycott anything, unless I dislike it. I boycott liver and onions. Yuck!

Forum List

Back