DOJ Issues Warning To States Ahead Of Redistricting

I'm glad to know that the DOJ is keeping an eye on this.

Hopefully maybe at least the worst gerrymandering will be prevented.

There will be many states that will draw the district lines to disenfranchise millions of voters.

I wish we has an honest and fair way to draw the district lines but that isn't allowed here where freedom and justice are supposed to be for all but is really only for the few.

only way to stop it is to get rid of the partys,,

do you think the two controlling partys would allow that??
No, not at the national level. That's why we're starting with ranked choice voting (referred to as "single transferable vote" in the article). It's being approached from a grass-roots level. We are making progress with local and state governments, and some party precincts are using it for primaries. If it works, and people like it - it'll be a much easier sell nationally. Then we can start to make some real progress.

Last edited:
do you think the two controlling partys would allow that??
The Fiat Currency, some amendments whether good or bad to the individual, and the eroding of checks and balances in the Constitution has caused what we are seeing. Whether you or I like it or not.

The Fiat Currency, some amendments whether good or bad to the individual, and the eroding of checks and balances in the Constitution has caused what we are seeing. Whether you or I like it or not.
and all that is due to the existence of the two parties,,

Both lies. Look down your pants are on fire.

Perhaps you should check out the total number of votes for both parties in House, Senate and Presidential elections.

The majority of Senators who confirmed Amy Coney Barrett to the Supreme Court, received more than a million and a half fewer votes than the minority of Senators who voted against her confirmation.

Perhaps you should check out the total number of votes for both parties in House, Senate and Presidential elections.

The majority of Senators who confirmed Amy Coney Barrett to the Supreme Court, received more than a million and a half fewer votes than the minority of Senators who voted against her confirmation.

Clearly you don't understand how the constitution works.

We are not mob rule, go back and repeat middle school.

perhaps you should mind your own business,,

Why is gerrymandering bad but having 50 hard left organizations with millions of people organized last year to sway millions of votes for Joe Biden OK?

No one is prevented for exercising their vote.
Gerrymandering is wholly different than organizing people to vote.

Both lies. Look down your pants are on fire.

Calling something a lie on no evidence is just bullshitting. And that's the only thing Republicans can do.

Calling something a lie on no evidence is just bullshitting. And that's the only thing Republicans can do.

Lib please I live currently and have lived in several blue states Dems gerrymander the fuck out of those states to RIG elections. :eusa_hand:

With all due respect, Dragonlady...that comment is ignorant! Gerrymandering is something that BOTH parties do!

My comment isn't anywhere near as ignorant as yours. Republicans have raised gerrymandering to an art form. Every one of the most gerrymandered districts in the USA is a Republican district in a Republican state.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...s-most-gerrymandered-congressional-districts/

Please point out where I said only one party does it?

The words democrat and republican are no where in my OP.

And just because both parties do it doesn't make it ok.

I don't believe democrats or republicans should be able to do this.

That's the difference between you and I.

You want the republicans to do it but to prevent democrats from doing it.

I want to prevent both parties from doing it.
Your OP said:
"I'm glad to know that the "Xiden" DOJ is keeping an eye on this "gerrymandering"

That says that you want the democrat DOJ to push back on the GOP "gerrymandering", DUH.

There is nothing that will save the democrats from a thumping in 2022. So make your excuse list now.

Forum List

Back