What's new
US Message Board 🦅 Political Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DOJ Issues Warning To States Ahead Of Redistricting

kyzr

Diamond Member
Reaction score

C_Clayton_Jones

Diamond Member
Reaction score
The DOJ can't do a fucking thing about it.
Conservatives control the courts – ultimately the Supreme Court.

Any suit brought against Republican state lawmakers whose measures disenfranchise voters and suppress the right to vote will be dismissed.

Oldestyle

Diamond Member
Reaction score
My comment isn't anywhere near as ignorant as yours. Republicans have raised gerrymandering to an art form. Every one of the most gerrymandered districts in the USA is a Republican district in a Republican state.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...s-most-gerrymandered-congressional-districts/

Gee, do you think that one of the most liberal newspapers in the entire country might see it that way, Dragonlady? Republicans and Democrats have gerrymandered districts for a long time. It's another way that politicians secure their offices. Do you think a Democrat in a predominantly Republican State MINDS having their district gerrymandered so that it has almost ALL Democratic voters in it? All that means is there isn't a chance in hell of them every losing a race!

Missourian

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Dearest DOJ,

We hope this letter finds you well.

We received your recent letter of warning and wanted to take this opportunity to respond.

Kindly fuck the fuck off at your earliest convenience. You may also kiss our Show Me ass.

Sincerely... Your Friend,

Missouri

AZrailwhale

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Well, one involves persuasion - campaigning. That's how politics is supposed to work.

The other is changing the rules (redrawing boundaries) to favor partisan interests.

Clear?
The democrats have been cheating on redistributing for decades. That’s how they came to control California. They even managed to pass state laws that have democrats running against other democrats rather than republicans or independents.

AMart

Diamond Member
Reaction score
GOP states need to ignore Xiden's DOJ and starting cheating like Dems.

FA_Q2

Gold Member
Reaction score
Actually, multi rep districts solve the problem nicely.
How so? I do not see how that solves anything at all. At least not in any implementations that I have seen.

edit;

After reading your second post I see what you are getting at. Certainly a good idea.

Last edited:

USMB Server Goals

Total amount
$20.00
Goal
$350.00

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List