Doing Business

SandyGirl

Rookie
Dec 24, 2013
I am not in the Tobacco business, but like ANYONE, I have to make MONEY inorder to run my business, and make a living, and I rely on my first Amendment rights to do so.

Its MY JOB to get you to buy my product, it is NOT my job to look out for your best interests, and I have NO obligation to tell you FUCKING THING about how my PRODUCT may damage you in ANY FUCKING WAY, it is YOUR job to look out for YOURSELF, okay??!!!!

I have the right to put on TV, how you can buy a home from me, with almost guaranteed approval from the bank I work with, and I don't have to tell you SHIT ELSE in my advertisement unless I start talking numbers, which I do not, THAT IS UP TO THE BANK.

I AM NOT EVEN ALLOWED TO TALK NUMBERS, I AM NOT A LOAN OFFICER.

NONE of it is false Advertising, you come to me, I refer you to my bank so that you can get a loan, and do just that.

IF you have bad credit, or you can't afford it, that's YOUR business and the FUCKING BANK'S business, not mine.

So why should cigarettes be any different ?

I am not in the Tobacco business, but like ANYONE, I have to make MONEY inorder to run my business, and make a living, and I rely on my first Amendment rights to do so.

Its MY JOB to get you to buy my product, it is NOT my job to look out for your best interests, and I have NO obligation to tell you FUCKING THING about how my PRODUCT may damage you in ANY FUCKING WAY, it is YOUR job to look out for YOURSELF, okay??!!!!

I have the right to put on TV, how you can buy a home from me, with almost guaranteed approval from the bank I work with, and I don't have to tell you SHIT ELSE in my advertisement unless I start talking numbers, which I do not, THAT IS UP TO THE BANK.

NONE of it is false Advertising, you come to me, I refer you to my bank so that you can get a loan, and do just that.

IF you have bad credit, or you can't afford it, that's YOUR business and the FUCKING BANK'S business, not mine.

Because regulatory policy concerning the selling of tobacco products doesn’t violate the First Amendment:

Supreme Court Agrees: Cigarette Warning Labels Don?t Violate Big Tobacco?s Free Speech ? Consumerist

• Banned

Because regulatory policy concerning the selling of tobacco products doesn’t violate the First Amendment:

Supreme Court Agrees: Cigarette Warning Labels Don?t Violate Big Tobacco?s Free Speech ? Consumerist

Regulation is one thing.

Denying people the right to advertise is another

...regulatory policy concerning the selling of tobacco products doesn’t violate the First Amendment...
...Regulation is one thing. Denying people the right to advertise is another...
Actually, tobacco company profits soared when advertising was banned on TV & radio.

What really happened is that the companies were paying $millions (if not $billions) competing for customers that already smoked and who weren't about to stop. With this huge drop in costs from the ad ban, income never dropped a penny and this is why the 'free speech' rants never really got anywhere. It was the biggest tobacco subsidy ever.

This happens a lot where so-called oppresive regulations are gleefully accepted by industries. Chem companies had in fact requested banning freon so they could peddle higher priced replacement fluids --it never had anything to do with that stupid ozone hole. Same with banning light bulbs --now everyone has to pay more for light & GE is better off.

You are a sinful person, and therefore I punish you for the sins of your evil by taxing you times 100 for being an unclean and sinful person............................

I therefore make revenue off your sins, as I am just and absolute to determine that you are an unclean spirit and must be punished.............I'm not judging you, just showing you the errors of your ways by taking your money for being sinful................

And thus the sin tax is born. Alcohol was once a sin..........And the masses said you must repent. Woodrow Wilson said I would save you from yourselves...............and you will Obey..........Thus helping to Amend the Constitution to ban Alcohol.............As WE THE GOV'T WILL TELL YOU HOW TO LIVE................You MUST OBEY AND STOP YOUR WICKED WAYS.............

Prohibition was BS, and the American people ended it...............

I have no problem with someone telling me it's bad for these reasons, but those that would impose their beliefs and will on others who don't agree with them have no concept of Freedom.

Banning on any measure is simply PROHIBITION attitudes again................It didn't go well back then, and it will not go well again............

Forum List

Back