Doesn't look like the Republicans will do anything about Obama's amnesty!

Oh, I do NOT disagree with THAT!! :iagree:

Political timing makes immigration reform the number one priority, but the republicans could seal the deal on control of government if they did immigration and followed it closely with a reasonable budget and genuine tax reform.

Simple? Yes! Still not holding my breath, though.

Oh, I do NOT disagree with THAT!! :iagree:

Political timing makes immigration reform the number one priority, but the republicans could seal the deal on control of government if they did immigration and followed it closely with a reasonable budget and genuine tax reform.

Simple? Yes! Still not holding my breath, though.

Why do Republicans have to do what Progressive Liberals want in immigration ... The President already stated he would do it himself? They need to set their own priorities and quit letting Progressive Liberals lead them around by the nose.

If Progressive Liberals want to make immigration the priority ... Then I suggest they do it when they control what legislation goes to the White House.

Options for Republicans

Impeach
Shut down Government
Whine and make threats
Pass immigration legislation

What will they do? What will they do?
Drop the over 300 bills Harry Reid is sitting on, on Obama's desk.
Pass a budget for the first time since Obama has been in office.
That's a good start.

It's illegal for a president to not execute enforce the laws on the books.

It's impossible for a president to not prioritize enforcement based on the budgetary constraints of real life.

If this was an intense game of chess, it would be the republicans move.

:popcorn:

Why do Republicans have to do what Progressive Liberals want in immigration ... The President already stated he would do it himself? They need to set their own priorities and quit letting Progressive Liberals lead them around by the nose.

If Progressive Liberals want to make immigration the priority ... Then I suggest they do it when they control what legislation goes to the White House.

Hey now! Check my posts. NOwhere do I advocate for or against any details of immigration policy.

I just find it interesting that Obama has called the bluff of congress. Both parties in reality, but mostly the republicans.

I truly hope that the republican (congressional) "fuck you!" to Obama will be reasonable legislation, starting with immigration, that would make Obama look like a tyrant unless he signs it because that's what would be best for America, but as I've said... I'm not holding my breath.

CONGRESS IS NOW ON THANKSGIVING VACATION.

Now we need Congress to..............FACE TONS OF E-MAILS............when they come back from vacation! E-mail your Congressman and 2 Senators now and demand that they oppose a long-term spending bill, and instead, support a short-term spending bill, so the next Congress can DEFUND PRES. OBAMA'S EXECUTIVE AMNESTY. This isn't a government shutdown.

E-mailing, faxing, calling, or protesting has MUCH more impact than a single vote out of millions!

View attachment 34260
Obama has poisoned the well, so what does the GOP have to do?

Send him border enforcement bills he will refuse to sign.

So basically, by acting now, Obama has destroyed any chance for immigration reform in his presidency.

It's impossible for a president to not prioritize enforcement based on the budgetary constraints of real life.

I think the President has done that ... And there is nothing the Republicans can do to necessarily combat his executive order. If the President is interested in playing chess ... He should do a better job of spending his time playing with Putin and Assad.

Leave Congress to do Congress' business ... And let the President worry about addressing problems his position is more equipped to handle.

Edit:
We don't entirely disagree and I forgot to add the ... ;)

Last edited:

Now we need Congress to..............FACE TONS OF E-MAILS............when they come back from vacation! E-mail your Congressman and 2 Senators now and demand that they oppose a long-term spending bill, and instead, support a short-term spending bill, so the next Congress can DEFUND PRES. OBAMA'S EXECUTIVE AMNESTY. This isn't a government shutdown.

E-mailing, faxing, calling, or protesting has MUCH more impact than a single vote out of millions!

View attachment 34260

So basically, by acting now, Obama has destroyed any chance for immigration reform in his presidency.

Boehner blocked the vote on the immigration bill. After that, there was no well to poison.

I got five that says nothing gets done or if it is done then it shafts Americans and ignores that there is no STEM shortage.

The Republicans haven't figured out how not to pander to the lowest common denominator and the Democrats like that just fine.

Mostly 'cause the LCD is also paying the democrats handsomely to maintain the current status quo.

The Democrats maintain the status quo because they profit from the business sector just as much as the Republicans. The Republicans are already trying to drop the issue and alter priorities so that they can escape it.

The interesting thing is that neither wants to address the finer details. The problem is that both of them have utilized both tactics to the point of exhaustion and many Americans are on the same side of the coin. They can't figure out how to exploit that and have rendered themselves useless.

Total hogwash.

This is getting old. Once again Obama claims that a lack of funding caused this, yet on the other hand he claims that he's doing a better job than any other president.

Which lie are you going to believe because you can't have it both ways. Pick the lie you're going to stick with. :muahaha:

I think the President has done that ... And there is nothing the Republicans can do to necessarily combat his executive order. If the President is interested in playing chess ... He should do a better job of spending his time playing with Putin and Assad.

Leave Congress to do Congress' business ... And let the President worry about addressing problems his position is more equipped to handle.

Edit:

Well... a man has to pick his battles for the next chapter. I can't blame him for wanting to stay close to home for the next two years and picking a domestic issue, not with teen-age kids at home.

As an internet preacher and part-time political commentator, I will say that I'm thrilled that it will be that much more interesting to discuss going forward and hey... If We, The Peeps can survive Bush II and the war$ to end all peace, even something as evil and atrocious as the Obama Presidency will never kill The American Spirit.

Baby steps to The Stars! :thup:

View attachment 34260

Boehner blocked the vote on the immigration bill. After that, there was no well to poison.
Why did he block the latest vote?

Because as he said, we cannot trust this president.

Obama will not enforce the law faithfully, so there's not point in giving him anything he wants because he won't give us anything we want.

Edit:

Well... a man has to pick his battles for the next chapter. I can't blame him for wanting to stay close to home for the next two years and picking a domestic issue, not with teen-age kids at home.

As an internet preacher and part-time political commentator, I will say that I'm thrilled that it will be that much more interesting to discuss going forward and hey... If We, The Peeps can survive Bush II and the war$ to end all peace, even something as evil and atrocious as the Obama Presidency will never kill The American Spirit.

Baby steps to The Stars! :thup:
Kicking+the+can.gif

View attachment 34260

Obama will not enforce the law faithfully, so there's not point in giving him anything he wants because he won't give us anything we want.

You're confirming that Boehner will never compromise.

View attachment 34260

To you compromise is the same as getting everything you want.

Boehner has no reason to compromise with Obama because Obama can't be trusted to follow thru with any of his promises. A man without honor, that is Obama. Only a fool bargains with a man who has no honor.

I disagree.

By doing his executive order so dramatically and publicly, he's forcing congress to act now or to be put on record as having specifically decided not to act.

Politically risky, because if congress presents him with reasonable legislation that he has no excuse not to sign, the republicans will control government for the foreseeable future.

He's betting his legacy that congress can't or won't deliver anything but gridlock and embarrassment and he's going to spend the next two years highlighting congressional dysfunction.

My humble prediction for 2015?

The late-night comics are going to have us in political tears. :lmao:

View attachment 34260

Boehner has no reason to compromise with Obama because Obama can't be trusted to follow thru with any of his promises. A man without honor, that is Obama. Only a fool bargains with a man who has no honor.

You're an asshole. Don't assign me beliefs I don't have.

I disagree.

By doing his executive order so dramatically and publicly, he's forcing congress to act now or to be put on record as having specifically decided not to act.

Politically risky, because if congress presents him with reasonable legislation that he has no excuse not to sign, the republicans will control government for the foreseeable future.

He's betting his legacy that congress can't or won't deliver anything but gridlock and embarrassment and he's going to spend the next two years highlighting congressional dysfunction.

My humble prediction for 2015?

The late-night comics are going to have us in political tears. :lmao:
This move by Obama basically says he doesn't feel he has to follow our laws, so why make new ones if Obama's not going to obey them?

You're an asshole. Don't assign me beliefs I don't have.
You want us to compromise, but in order to do that we much forget about the most important part of immigration reform, sealing the borders. Obama will never do that as long as he's president.

So fuck you asshole.

Forum List

Back