Does your state allow a gun in the vehicle without a permit?

Road rage and guns.

What could possibly go wrong?

And yet it doesnt happen.

Over 22 million people carry guns legally and road rage is the rarest of rare types of shootings…

Meanwhile….criminals released by democrat judges and prosecutors….criminals who cant legally buy, own or carry guns are doing almost all of the shooting in democrat controlled cities

In my state, a carry permit means pretty much anything goes, so long as you announce the presence oto a LEO that pulls you over.
W/o a permit, it needs to be unloaded and locked up, or unloaded and in plain sight.

I live in MS.

I LOVE this states position on guns. I can keep a firearm in my vehicle with no permit. Here my vehicle is considered an extension of my home.

Also, here getting a CCW is very easy. 100.00 and fingerprints and BAM. You have your carry permit.

How is your state with regards to these things?

Yes, it's allowed here in Texas.

When lived in California, it was banned of course, and obtaining a CCW cost $400-800 depending on which county you were in. DemoKKKrats in California went to great lengths to ensure only wealthy people had access to self-defense.

In my state, a carry permit means pretty much anything goes, so long as you announce the presence oto a LEO that pulls you over.
W/o a permit, it needs to be unloaded and locked up, or unloaded and in plain sight.

Probably best not to announce the fact that you're carrying a weapon. That tends to make some cops a little nervous and makes one of their index fingers a little twitchy.

I've been stopped on a couple occasions where I handed the officer my DL and permit card when they came to the window, and they still requested that I kept my hands on the wheel where they could see them. Maybe they were paranoid or something. It sure didn't help me when I got that speeding ticket a few years ago.

But most of the time the officer will thank you for letting him know you were carrying. I know it's really none of their business that you're carrying, but it's probably a relief for most of them to know that you're one of the "good guys."

State law. In my experience thus far, they say - OK, thank you - and go on with whatever,.

I left out the part I meant to include, that I just hand the officer my DL and permit card when he walks up to the window.

Yes, it's allowed here in Texas.

When lived in California, it was banned of course, and obtaining a CCW cost $400-800 depending on which county you were in. DemoKKKrats in California went to great lengths to ensure only wealthy people had access to self-defense.
You might as well say California is a “shall not issue state” when it comes to CCWs. The LA County Sheriff is so bad about issuing CCWs that the LAPD Chief couldn’t qualify for one.

Forum List

Back