Does XFL Practice Racial Discrimination ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

protectionist

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2013
Watching the first game of the new XFL football league, it is apparent that black players are far more represented than the proportion of blacks in America.

Does the XFL utilize Affirmative Action discrimination in hiring ? Why so many blacks (about 90%), as opposed to players of other races ?

Could someone from the XFL, knowledgeable about hiring, tell us if the XFL has prospective players submitting Affirmative Action questionnaires ?

Before anyone chimes in about the NFL, yes, one could question their hiring practices too.

We didn't pick em for their mathematical aptitude.
That wasn't the question, Mr Dodge.
Well...sports are the last...truly egalitarian arena. Though the field has been muddied of late with the introduction of mentally ill men (Chicks with Dicks) into female athletics, it still remains a very much merit based pursuit.
The North American Pavement Ape was chosen many centuries ago and brought to this continent for physical purposes. Thus it is at a distinct advantage. This is a merit system. Embrace it.

Well...sports are the last...truly egalitarian arena. Though the field has been muddied of late with the introduction of mentally ill men (Chicks with Dicks) into female athletics, it still remains a very much merit based pursuit.
The North American Pavement Ape was chosen many centuries ago and brought to this continent for physical purposes. Thus it is at a distinct advantage. This is a merit system. Embrace it.
I might if you were right. Problem with your theory is, the top NFL team of the past 6 years (3 super bowl wins) is the New England Patriots, who has more whites than any other team.

Note also, in the XFL game I'm watching, it's the few white guys who have been scoring the touchdowns

Google Image Result for https://static.clubs.nfl.com/image/private/t_editorial_landscape_8_desktop_mobile/titans/yajcfhonwgfe2qao2vgm.jpg

Last edited:
Anybody here affiliated with the XFL? Or NFL or NBA, for that matter.

Last edited:
I might if you were right. Problem with your theory is the top NFL team of the past 6 years (3 super bowl wins) is the New England Patriots, who has more whites than any other team.

Note also, in the XFL game I'm watching, it's the few white guys who have been scoring the touchdowns.
Oh...so the Patriots are 75% black instead of 95%...what an amazing argument.

I know nothing about sports.

I could not care less about them.

I think, however, that a certain ethnicity is well-represented in football and basketball because the managers apparently feel that they are the most competent at their job.

I have read that the said ethnicity is not so well-represented in baseball anymore. I think that another (current) minority is well-represented (many of them from the Dominican Republic).

I do not think that affirmative action should have anything to do with sports.

Watching the first game of the new XFL football league, it is apparent that black players are far more represented than the proportion of blacks in America.

Does the XFL utilize Affirmative Action discrimination in hiring ? Why so many blacks (about 90%), as opposed to players of other races ?

Could someone from the XFL, knowledgeable about hiring, tell us if the XFL has prospective players submitting Affirmative Action questionnaires ?

Simple. Apparently most whites go to college to get degrees in science, engineering and business.

Most blacks go to college to get jobs in the pro sports.

I might if you were right. Problem with your theory is the top NFL team of the past 6 years (3 super bowl wins) is the New England Patriots, who has more whites than any other team.

Note also, in the XFL game I'm watching, it's the few white guys who have been scoring the touchdowns.
Oh...so the Patriots are 75% black instead of 95%...what an amazing argument.
Most of their starting offense in their last super bowl win was white. Most means more than 50%. You make a habit of being wrong ?

Addition:. There have been way more all pro white players in the NFL than necessary, to easily dispell idiotic notions/theories of racial disparities.

I know nothing about sports.

I could not care less about them.

I think, however, that a certain ethnicity is well-represented in football and basketball because the managers apparently feel that they are the most competent at their job.

I have read that the said ethnicity is not so well-represented in baseball anymore. I think that another (current) minority is well-represented (many of them from the Dominican Republic).

I do not think that affirmative action should have anything to do with sports.
I agree that affirmative action shouldn't be in sports.

I challenge however, your statement about what "managers apparently feel". If you have any concrete source of information to support that, vs the idea that affirmative action is at work, let's see it.
Otherwise, you are just submitting a hunch, without any foundation.

Last edited:

Simple. Apparently most whites go to college to get degrees in science, engineering and business.

Got any source linkage for that ? Any inside knowledge if affirmative action is or isn't happening ?

Got any source linkage for that ? Any inside knowledge if affirmative action is or isn't happening ?

How about just my eyes, that most whites go into college to get advanced degrees. There isn't much for them in sports. About the only positions in football that seem to generally fit whites well are tight ends and quarterbacks mostly.

Lots of whites in hockey though. Do you need a college degree to play hockey? Yet basketball and football are replete with Blacks. Can it be the money? Whites like money too. Is it the height? Are there more tall blacks than whites? So what does that leave left other than genetics and environment:
  • Better genes for running and fighting, survival qualities.
  • Better environment growing up running, fighting and playing on basketball courts.
Add the college, and you get OPPORTUNITY.

Unless you have a better theory on why most football and basketball players are Black? I don't think it is discrimination on any teams part but more a matter of just choosing the best people available, and since there are already fewer whites available in pro football, and the best of those already taken by the NFL, it only stands to reason that the XFL would be even more black and less white.

I've heard that the key to the XFL working this time is really GOOD PLAYERS to attract viewers, and I tend to agree.

If the XFL also avoids a lot of the more feminizing rules of today's NFL and sticks more to basic, smash-mouth football, I expect they will do even better.

Thunk you for posting this!

I thought it was an evening game for some reason...I caught the last 6 minutes because of your post!

How about just my eyes, that most whites go into college to get advanced degrees. There isn't much for them in sports. About the only positions in football that seem to generally fit whites well are tight ends and quarterbacks mostly.

Lots of whites in hockey though. Do you need a college degree to play hockey? Yet basketball and football are replete with Blacks. Can it be the money? Whites like money too. Is it the height? Are there more tall blacks than whites? So what does that leave left other than genetics and environment:
  • Better genes for running and fighting, survival qualities.
  • Better environment growing up running, fighting and playing on basketball courts.
Add the college, and you get OPPORTUNITY.

Unless you have a better theory on why most football and basketball players are Black? I don't think it is discrimination on any teams part but more a matter of just choosing the best people available, and since there are already fewer whites available in pro football, and the best of those already taken by the NFL, it only stands to reason that the XFL would be even more black and less white.

I've heard that the key to the XFL working this time is really GOOD PLAYERS to attract viewers, and I tend to agree.

If the XFL also avoids a lot of the more feminizing rules of today's NFL and sticks more to basic, smash-mouth football, I expect they will do even better.
I don't mind all the guessing going on here, but I'm hoping someone inside the XFL will comment about the Affirmative Action question.

For a nation that prides itself on equal opportunity, this looks awful.

I think the XFL is happy that someone seemingly gives a shit about the XFL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back