Does this Camera Exist?

DGS49

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2012
Pittsburgh
Whilst touring in Europe a few weeks ago, I pondered the downsides of snapping hundreds of pictures on a vacation then looking at them a couple months from now and wondering where the hell and what the hell they are.

I voiced my opinion of the greatest tourism camera ever: A pistol-grip affair with an included microphone (voice recognition, of course), so that the pictures would all be CAPTIONED with the date, time, place, and what (the fuck) I was looking at.

At any later time, the captions could be edited, moved around, reformatted, or eliminated altogether, but the wondering about the details would be eliminated.

To illustrate: You are standing in front the shrine of Our Lady of Comesichiama in Casa di Putana, Italy, as you snap the picture you say into the microphone, "April 3rd, morning, [details]..."

When you download the pictures on your computer, the caption shows up at the bottom of the shot.

Does this camera exist? Why or why not?

It doesn't exist because the Chinese either haven't heard about it or haven't stolen the technology to develop it yet. But they just read about it on USMB, so it should be out by Christmas. :biggrin:

I don't think it would be new technology. I wonder, personally, why nobody has introduced a pistol-grip camera. It seems so logical to me, since we stopped looking through the lens. One handed operation alone would make it worth the price.

My iphone doesn't know what country I'm in, let along the city or what I'm shooting at.

Forum List

Back