Does the USA have Orbiting Microwave Lazar Weapons?

Kinetic weapons? You mean like a titanium telephone pole directed down to a target from space? I must be behind on reading. Only read of that in science fiction, but it was a great story, whatever it was.
Those would be Tungsten Carbide poles, not Titanium.
Good correction. Like I said, years since I read the sciFi novel on the concept. Just pulled up this from May 2020
These Air Force 'rods from god' could hit with the force of a nuclear weapon

The ease with which the fires seem to be starting in Iran seems to suggest this is not Humint doing this. There is no way we have that many operatives working inside Iran.

But a Microwave Lazar in orbit could do it with ease.

Sorry, had to do this:

"Executive Intent"??? Dale Brown?
I don't think that was the title. Story about when the six shooters circling the earth that had guaranteed nobody would start a nuclear war anywhere on the planet, started dropping their payloads one at a time in error on targets around the world, shortly after the brilliant, benevolent scientist who created the system died and a glitch showed up in the system that something was going wrong in the computer controls only the dead scientist could access to correct, and was escalating to the point where it started dropping it's payload one at a time every day or so and they could not stop it (naturally) and could not just turn the system off or it would trigger the doomsday event, dropping all at their per-programmed targets. (SPOILER) The SOB wasn't dead, just turned psychotic from guilt at the loss of his daughter in an accident. Oh yea, the scientist ends up getting killed by tells where to find the code with one of his last dying breaths. go figure

Forum List

Back