Does the Coronavirus Make the Case for World Government?

Natural Citizen

American Made
Gold Supporting Member
Aug 8, 2016
As I was reading the paper that old phrase about never letting a perfectly good crisis go to waste came to mind. Particularly given so much in mainstream media these days promoting government mandates in place of our personal healthcare decisions.

For reference - ''You never let a serious crisis go to waste. And what I mean by that it's an opportunity to do things you think you could not do before.'' -- Rahm Emanuel

Anyway...

02/26/2020 Jeff Deist, Mises Institute

''Sometimes terrible things happen without any human malfeasance, and the novel Wuhan coronavirus may in fact be one of those things. It is entirely plausible the virus emerged from "wet markets" in the Hubei Province of China rather than as a fumbled (or worse, intentionally released) bioweapon cooked up by the Xi Jinping government.

We may never know, of course. But easy or readily apparent answers to the question of how this could have been avoided should be viewed with the skepticism appropriate to any state propaganda. Crises of all kinds, whether economic, political, military, or health, send ideologues scrambling to explain how such events fit neatly into their worldview. In fact, political partisans often attempt to paint any crisis as having occurred in the first place precisely because their policies and preferences have not been adopted.

The Wuhan coronavirus seems tailor-made for this. Alarmists who argue for (i) much more robust and comprehensive "public health" measures by national governments and (ii) greater supranational coordination inevitably point to infectious diseases as justification for increased state power over personal medical decisions. Scary and fast-spreading viruses are perfect fodder for their busybody argument that people cannot simply be left to their own devices...''

Continued - Does the Coronavirus Make the Case for World Government?

About the author...

Jeff Deist is president of the Mises Institute, where he serves as a writer, public speaker, and advocate for property, markets, and civil society. He previously worked as a longtime advisor and chief of staff to Congressman Ron Paul, for whom he wrote hundreds of articles and speeches. In his years with Dr. Paul he worked with countless grassroots activists and organizations dedicated to reducing the size and scope of government. Jeff also spent many years as a tax attorney advising private equity clients on mergers & acquisitions.

Not sure how a world government would stop a virus.

Agreed.

But global viruses are, as the author mentioned, ''perfect fodder for the busybody argument that people cannot simply be left to their own devices.''

The coronavirus makes the case for competent government. It also makes the case for international organizations and cooperation.

Not sure how a world government would stop a virus.

Agreed.

But global viruses are, as the author mentioned, ''perfect fodder for the busybody argument that people cannot simply be left to their own devices.''
The author is a fucking nutcake. No one has proposed a world government would stop a virus. Hell China is a dictatorship and they couldnt contain it.

No one has proposed a world government would stop a virus.

In time, I think...

I suspect the narrative won't likely start flooding the interwebz and message boards like ours until the media starts promoting the agenda, though.

You know how it is. People wanna be led. Personally, I like to get ahead of the curve before it gets thrown out there. Thus the paper.

Anyway. To repeat that quote I referenced in the op, 'You never let a serious crisis go to waste. And what I mean by that it's an opportunity to do things you think you could not do before.'' -- Rahm Emanuel

Last edited:
Im
As I was reading the paper that old phrase about never letting a perfectly good crisis go to waste came to mind. Particularly given so much in mainstream media these days promoting government mandates in place of our personal healthcare decisions.

For reference - ''You never let a serious crisis go to waste. And what I mean by that it's an opportunity to do things you think you could not do before.'' -- Rahm Emanuel

Anyway...

02/26/2020 Jeff Deist, Mises Institute

''Sometimes terrible things happen without any human malfeasance, and the novel Wuhan coronavirus may in fact be one of those things. It is entirely plausible the virus emerged from "wet markets" in the Hubei Province of China rather than as a fumbled (or worse, intentionally released) bioweapon cooked up by the Xi Jinping government.

We may never know, of course. But easy or readily apparent answers to the question of how this could have been avoided should be viewed with the skepticism appropriate to any state propaganda. Crises of all kinds, whether economic, political, military, or health, send ideologues scrambling to explain how such events fit neatly into their worldview. In fact, political partisans often attempt to paint any crisis as having occurred in the first place precisely because their policies and preferences have not been adopted.

The Wuhan coronavirus seems tailor-made for this. Alarmists who argue for (i) much more robust and comprehensive "public health" measures by national governments and (ii) greater supranational coordination inevitably point to infectious diseases as justification for increased state power over personal medical decisions. Scary and fast-spreading viruses are perfect fodder for their busybody argument that people cannot simply be left to their own devices...''

Continued - Does the Coronavirus Make the Case for World Government?

About the author...

Jeff Deist is president of the Mises Institute, where he serves as a writer, public speaker, and advocate for property, markets, and civil society. He previously worked as a longtime advisor and chief of staff to Congressman Ron Paul, for whom he wrote hundreds of articles and speeches. In his years with Dr. Paul he worked with countless grassroots activists and organizations dedicated to reducing the size and scope of government. Jeff also spent many years as a tax attorney advising private equity clients on mergers & acquisitions.
I'm.not thinking it's really relevant.

In time, I think...
Maybe some quack will but no more than 3 people will take him or her seriously.

You are stating that elites and members of the CFR and the British offshoot known as Chatham House has not been working towards world government and a new world order? That there are not NGOs working towards the dissolving of national soveriegnty and open borders?

Damn, I thought you were smarter and more aware.......my mistake.

In time, I think...

You are stating that elites and members of the CFR and the British offshoot known as Chatham House has not been working towards world government and a new world order? That there are not NGOs working towards the dissolving of national soveriegnty and open borders?

Damn I thought you knew they would not be as obvious as to install a world government....my bad.

Evidently some people here don't realize that governments always use "crises" to bring about political agendas that they otherwise wouldn't be able to achieve. That's their M.O.

I don't believe they're going to use the coronovirus for world government, but I'm sure they'll use it for something.

That reminds me of this H.L Mencken quote:

mencken-quote.jpg

Last edited:

In time, I think...

Damn I thought you knew they would not be as obvious as to install a world government....my bad.

They know that the sheeple don't pay attention.....you being a classic example.

I think any notions of world government are much farther down the road than merely using these crisis in order to scare people into accepting government mandates over their own personal choices.

People will do just about anything you want em to do if you scare them into accepting that it's for their own good.

Exhibit A...

travel_112410~0.jpg

Once government possess that kind of power they wont let go of it. They'll expand it.

Ah well. That's really all I have to say about it. I'll bump the thread when they start talking about the mandates. And they will. Rest assured.

Proceed...

I can opine from only the trenches NC

when i was in, every EMS company was required to have an infection control officer (Osha mandate) to keep the troops from lickin' their fingers ,and other stupid stuff on scene.

through what i'll only call the 'short straw' doctrine, yours truly was drafted into the position, and summarily sent upstate for a regiment of training classes inclusive of doctors, lawyers, and folks with a lotta alphabet after their names....

yes i looked like>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> the whole time ....
6fseh.jpg

as boring as this may be to most folks, there were some rather stark epiphanies

first , we've some serious misconceptions about the cycle of infectious diseases , and i mean even people in the HC biz

but by far and large worse is the legalities involved, and you're spot on alluding to it being about control. Think on this, how do the 'powers that be' declare pandemic quarantine

Well , all alarmism aside , they've legislated themselves some serious firepower, as well as minions to enforce it all.

China's just doesn't hide it behind a wall of legalese like we do

~S~

Oh, one more thing while I'm thinking of it. One of the most popular lines used to excuse overreach of government authority is that old line about "Well other countries do it." I think someone said that in the National ID card thread the other day. Heh heh. I'm sure they'll keep our immunization records on that database. Guess they need to get that infrastructure in place before they can assign a global authority to oversee and manage its applicability, though. You know, kinda how they had to get the debit card reader infrastructure into taxi's before you could use your debit card instead of cash?

That may appear to be off topic. But, it's not. Nope. Huh uh.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back