Zone1 Does Paul receive enough credit in Christianity?

What do you mean by Paul invented Christianity?
Jesus was a Jewish Rabbi with a small localized following. Paul turned his teachings into an international religion with all the trappings.

He re-wrote everything to suit himself and produced a thriller to interest the Romans with its fake uplifting end of story promises.

The greatest Fake News writer in modern times .

Prove it.

Probably far too much credit. As many “Christians seem to revere, and exalt Saul; more than Christ. They hang on Paul/Sauls every word, flawed mortal he was… And discard many of the words of Jesus himself.

Horse Hockey.

Indeed Saul served a valuable purpose after the Crucifixion of Jesus. But never did he strive for the Pedestal many have placed him on.

As a Non Christian you have no real knowledge of how Christians view Paul. What Paul wrote was what the Holy Spirit inspired him to write.

Christians can believe anything they choose to believe, but when Paul and Jesus disagree on a subject, and Christians take Paul's teachings over Jesus' something isn't right.

Christians can believe anything they choose to believe, but when Paul and Jesus disagree on a subject, and Christians take Paul's teachings over Jesus' something isn't right.

Well sure except that didn't happen.

He really was a loyal servant who fearlessly spread the gospel,risking his life and fully a.Believer.
True enough, but even more, it was Paul (and those that shared his views) who made Christianity what it is today. The debate among the early Christians was, did one have to become Jewish to be a Christian. Many said yes and urged converts to be circumcised. Paul took the opposite view. Without Paul, Christianity would have remained a cult within Judaism and likely died out like other Jewish sects.

True enough, but even more, it was Paul (and those that shared his views) who made Christianity what it is today. The debate among the early Christians was, did one have to become Jewish to be a Christian. Many said yes and urged converts to be circumcised. Paul took the opposite view. Without Paul, Christianity would have remained a cult within Judaism and likely died out like other Jewish sects.
Hmm interesting. I've always viewed Christianity as a sect of Judaism, that's just how I view the.religion. Amazing to think how many years passed between Old Testament to New. It lends credence to the legend of Jesus as far as I am coincerned.

I too see Paul as an usurper. He was not chosen by Christ
He was CHOSEN by the RESURRECTED Christ. He learned at the feet of an actual God Being. I'm sure you choose not to believe that, but it is true nonetheless. He GAVE HIS LIFE FOR CHRIST.

Let me know when you're willing to do the same

Jesus was a Jewish Rabbi with a small localized following. Paul turned his teachings into an international religion with all the trappings.
Yes, Jesus was a Jewish Rabbi with a small localized following but didn't he send his small localized following out to spread the good news?

Every religion, every enterprise starts as small and grows. It's perfectly natural and logical. You can't really blame Paul for that.

I was expecting you to claim Paul perverted the teachings of Christ or something like that.

Yes, Jesus was a Jewish Rabbi with a small localized following but didn't he send his small localized following out to spread the good news?

Every religion, every enterprise starts as small and grows. It's perfectly natural and logical. You can't really blame Paul for that.

I was expecting you to claim Paul perverted the teachings of Christ or something like that.
Yep. That was the whole commission of the apostles. Paul did exactly what he was entrusted to do

Here's the deal....Jesus revealed Himself to Saul. Jesus chose him. Peter said Paul's words were Scripture. There is nothing that Paul wrote that contradicts the words of Jesus. Period. End of story.

The debate among the early Christians was, did one have to become Jewish to be a Christian. Many said yes and urged converts to be circumcised. Paul took the opposite view. Without Paul, Christianity would have remained a cult within Judaism and likely died out like other Jewish sects.
Seems like that question was answered by Jesus himself, he began his ministry ministering to only Jews. It was only after they rejected his teaching that he began ministering to the Gentiles. He even told a parable about it; the parable of the wedding feast. Matthew 22:1-14

What did Paul and Jesus disagree about?
Again, I know you won't take my word for it. You wouldn't accept contradictory scripture as proof when we had this discussion before. I invite you to make a quick Google search for yourself.
1675396831480.png

Here's the deal....Jesus revealed Himself to Saul. Jesus chose him. Peter said Paul's words were Scripture. There is nothing that Paul wrote that contradicts the words of Jesus. Period. End of story.
See my response to dinger. #58

Forum List

Back