Does Obama actually care about his "jobs bill"?

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
Instead of staying in DC and meeting with the heads of both congressional parties trying to hammer out a deal to get his plan passed he is off running around the country "trying to sell it to the people". It seems to me that those Union workers gathered at his "campaign stops" don't actually have a vote in congress. Odd thing is, John Boehner does. Maybe someone should tell Obama how to work with congress instead of galavanting around trying to demonize them.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
Obama also has created a new definition bipartisan. We used to think bipartisanship was republicans working together to craft legislation. Now it's democrats leaving republicans out of the process, and then complaining that the bills they unilaterally pass have to many conservative ideas.

edit: ala this Bob Dole bill sucks.

Last edited:
Instead of staying in DC and meeting with the heads of both congressional parties trying to hammer out a deal to get his plan passed he is off running around the country "trying to sell it to the people". It seems to me that those Union workers gathered at his "campaign stops" don't actually have a vote in congress. Odd thing is, John Boehner does. Maybe someone should tell Obama how to work with congress instead of galavanting around trying to demonize them.

Were you this mad when Reagan employed the same exact strategy to get his agenda through congress?

Obama also has created a new definition bipartisan. We used to think bipartisanship was republicans working together to craft legislation. Now it's democrats leaving republicans out of the process, and then complaining that the bills they unilaterally pass have to many conservative ideas.

So it was good when George W. Bush did it, but bad when Barack Obama does it.

Got it.

In any case..he's using ideas Republicans use to support.

• Banned

Were you this mad when Reagan employed the same exact strategy to get his agenda through congress?

Yea, I bitched to all my classmates about Reagan everytime I had recess.

Got it.

Do you ever own anything ?

Got it.

In the jobs bill, Such as?

I think Barry cares about the jobs bill all right but only in the context of re-election.

He surely knows that 2012 is going to be all about the economy.

If the economy and UE are still in the toilet he will not get that second term.

So, yeah. he cares.

I think Barry cares about the jobs bill all right but only in the context of re-election.

So, yeah. he cares.

It's obvious, I mean he lost the raise taxes debate so many times already.

He's only having townhalls in swing states promoting this bill.

I wish liberals would admit this is a political stunt.

So, yeah. he cares.

Its not just a stunt. Its a damn stunt at our expense.

So, yeah. he cares.

and he's giving stupid people who believe in him false hope, that this bill is going to help, when he knows it won't even pass.

and he's giving stupid people who believe in him false hope, that this bill is going to help, when he knows it won't even pass.

full-auto-albums-drama-queen-picture3953-mrz091511dapr20110915124517.jpg

There are some people who will object to Obama's tactics whatever they are. If he's in Washington, he must be ignoring the will of the people and focusing on Washington elites. If he's not in Washington, he must be in permanent campaign mode and uninterested in governing.

Obviously, Obama wants to be reelected. However, talking to their constituents is probably the best way of getting members of Congress to vote for his bill. If every Republican who represented a center-left district where the bill was popular voted for it the bill would pass. I can't imagine Obama having the same impact speaking to Congressional Republicans directly.

For me, the more Obama owns this jobs bill, the more we can reveal how similiar it is to the Stimulus package that failed to give the results promised last time by Obama. His choice of Solyndra for $532 million should be very hard to explain out on the trail too. Everyone would have been so much better off if he had just stayed the junior Senator from Illinois and not voted most of the time.

There are some people who will object to Obama's tactics whatever they are. If he's in Washington, he must be ignoring the will of the people and focusing on Washington elites. If he's not in Washington, he must be in permanent campaign mode and uninterested in governing.

Obviously, Obama wants to be reelected. However, talking to their constituents is probably the best way of getting members of Congress to vote for his bill. If every Republican who represented a center-left district where the bill was popular voted for it the bill would pass. I can't imagine Obama having the same impact speaking to Congressional Republicans directly.

All I see at these stops are angry union employees and their leaders. Thats hardly the people the GOP represent.

And for the record I have been against this constant campaigning always. He should be in DC doing the job he was elected to do. He wasnt elected to travel around the country bloviating about the ills of the gop.

Perhaps you missed your calling as a political advisor?

But wait...this gaff ought to make you happy, right?

Don't you loathe Obama and hope he fails?

What then is your complaint?

Obama is, according to you, going to fail.

This news ought to make you happy.

Perhaps you missed your calling as a political advisor?

But wait...this gaff ought to make you happy, right?

What then is your complaint?

Obama is, according to you, going to fail.

This news ought to make you happy.

Do you like thieves, or do you loathe them? Do you want their plan to rob a bank to succeed or fail?

Last edited:
Barry's hoping for a miracle.

Somehow I don't think the Good Lord is gonna provide one.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back