Does my friends dog look like a bulldog or pitbull?

Mortimer

Gold Member
Sep 29, 2010
Your Cuddly Choco Bear
My friend said he is mixed, but i think he has something from a bulldog or pitbull? He was very friendly and good, because he saw me the first time and didnt even barked. I called him by his name and said "come here" and he recognised his name and came to me. It is fascinating how intelligent some animals and dogs are, he knows his name when he hears it and knows to come to you.

Don't like the breed at all. Even playing some of them don't know their own strength in their jaws and can hurt kids. Like Dobermans even 'friendly well socialized' ones are known to get excited and attack people, especially kids. I see stray pits and Dobermans as breeds you shoot on sight if they're on my property.

Smashed faces on bullys ? Johnsons garbage and English trash...yea. This is a REAL American bulldog. Father of one of mine many years back
The ears are throwing me on Morts. Good lookin mutt but not pure anything
ee52500e5c8e5511a70c4f4294bd7290.jpg

Do you save all your vids and pics? You must have many Tbytes of audio-visual stuff. I barely use a little over 150 G and have over 100 G left after 4 years, mostly useless crap I'm too lazy to delete.

Looks like a Pittie or a Staffordshire Terrier.

In my experience, Pitbulls are the sweetest, most gentle of dogs. Meanness has to be taught to them.

In my experience, Pitbulls are the sweetest, most gentle of dogs. Meanness has to be taught to them.
I got to meet the one across the street, for first time, last week. Beautiful pit, 6 month or so old, always looks happy and playful, though kept on a chain in a non-fence backyard. The kids of the family have acted terrified of it, as it is high spirited and dying for attention. They never play with him. PJ and I feel sorry for him. The young woman of the house was feeding and cleaning the dog house, with "CJ" off the chain and kids in the house. I walked over and complimented on what great looking dog he was and asked if I could pet him. She said he might be OK with that, so I called him over, reached out my hand while talking to him and did get to pet the top of his head once, then he changed and got not mean, but playful excited and started jumping up. The Sieko with large metal band saved my wrist on the first jump and I command NO, in a command and held out my open hand in what I use for halt or stay with Lexie. He jumped again, this time at my face, which I caught his face behind the jaws and shoved, redirecting and again commanding NO. I know he thought he was playing, but he thought the game was on. He came again, as I was telling her, I see he can get too playful, and jumped my back from behind, still not growling but ripping out part of my shirt (that I got atop a mountain, I don't plan to go up again) and the tee-shirt underneath. She yelled (not commanded) to get down, as I said, well we've socialized enough for one day and turned to walk away. Mistake. I felt his leg and shoulder hit my ass and back hard, and the jaws snap shut on the leg of brand new pair of Wrangler heavy denim jeans, the force of the unexpected hit from this 65 lb Pit puppy, knocking me a step. I turned to stand my ground, left arm out, fingertips closed curled open fist out, and commanded, DOWN GAWDAMNIT! in my best command voice that is easily heard across a quad, with my eyes fixed on his, my right hand unclipping the hold strap on the shoulder holster of my 9 millimeter. He stood back 15 ft now growling, barking, bearing teeth, but knew my eyes were on him and meant business. Then I slowly backed off steady toward the street, maintaining left arm fixed and out, open fist out, eyes locked on his eyes and right hand wrapped around the grip of the PPQ. I knew he had started playing and got exited, but also knew we were beyond that now. He did not make another pass, as I backed out of his territory, so I did not have to shoot the dog (though I knew another pass would be him or me) on what started as a friendly encounter. The new jeans were ripped 9 of 10 inched down the leg as he had gotten both sides of the seam and ripped it out, along with a hunk of my boxers underneath. As is usual for my danger encounters, I walked away without a scratch or drop of blood. Always been lucky like that, be it man, beast or crap out in nature.
He is just a good powerful large young dog, needing training, discipline and friendly attention of his owner, who I never have seen out there with him, ever. Beautiful strong muscular dogs, but bear watching, get excited, even in play, and will hit from the blind side. They often require training and discipline, or they perpetuate their reputation among those that do not understand, large working class dogs. Mine is a 90lb German Shepherd. She was young, high-spirited and destructive a few years ago.

I got to meet the one across the street, for first time, last week. Beautiful pit, 6 month or so old, always looks happy and playful, though kept on a chain in a non-fence backyard. The kids of the family have acted terrified of it, as it is high spirited and dying for attention. They never play with him. PJ and I feel sorry for him. The young woman of the house was feeding and cleaning the dog house, with "CJ" off the chain and kids in the house. I walked over and complimented on what great looking dog he was and asked if I could pet him. She said he might be OK with that, so I called him over, reached out my hand while talking to him and did get to pet the top of his head once, then he changed and got not mean, but playful excited and started jumping up. The Sieko with large metal band saved my wrist on the first jump and I command NO, in a command and held out my open hand in what I use for halt or stay with Lexie. He jumped again, this time at my face, which I caught his face behind the jaws and shoved, redirecting and again commanding NO. I know he thought he was playing, but he thought the game was on. He came again, as I was telling her, I see he can get too playful, and jumped my back from behind, still not growling but ripping out part of my shirt (that I got atop a mountain, I don't plan to go up again) and the tee-shirt underneath. She yelled (not commanded) to get down, as I said, well we've socialized enough for one day and turned to walk away. Mistake. I felt his leg and shoulder hit my ass and back hard, and the jaws snap shut on the leg of brand new pair of Wrangler heavy denim jeans, the force of the unexpected hit from this 65 lb Pit puppy, knocking me a step. I turned to stand my ground, left arm out, fingertips closed curled open fist out, and commanded, DOWN GAWDAMNIT! in my best command voice that is easily heard across a quad, with my eyes fixed on his, my right hand unclipping the hold strap on the shoulder holster of my 9 millimeter. He stood back 15 ft now growling, barking, bearing teeth, but knew my eyes were on him and meant business. Then I slowly backed off steady toward the street, maintaining left arm fixed and out, open fist out, eyes locked on his eyes and right hand wrapped around the grip of the PPQ. I knew he had started playing and got exited, but also knew we were beyond that now. He did not make another pass, as I backed out of his territory, so I did not have to shoot the dog (though I knew another pass would be him or me) on what started as a friendly encounter. The new jeans were ripped 9 of 10 inched down the leg as he had gotten both sides of the seam and ripped it out, along with a hunk of my boxers underneath. As is usual for my danger encounters, I walked away without a scratch or drop of blood. Always been lucky like that, be it man, beast or crap out in nature.
He is just a good powerful large young dog, needing training, discipline and friendly attention of his owner, who I never have seen out there with him, ever. Beautiful strong muscular dogs, but bear watching, get excited, even in play, and will hit from the blind side. They often require training and discipline, or they perpetuate their reputation among those that do not understand, large working class dogs. Mine is a 90lb German Shepherd. She was young, high-spirited and destructive a few years ago.

Pitties need an active owner. Bored they can be destructive.

We have a Pit/German Shorthaired Pointer mix (vet guess). Its like having a pit with long legs. The dog is FAST. And can stand flat-footed and jump straight up and be looking me in the eye. We control him when he gets excited. That is one key. I love his exuberance, but it is best done outside. If either of us yells "Ow", he stops and is obviously sorry.

One of my dog grooming clients got a Rhodesian Ridgeback. Adorable puppy. Always wanted to play. Always played rough. I made him behave to the point where he knew where he was and what was expected. Otherwise he was wild, jumping, play biting. I told (begged) the owner to get this amazing dog some training or he would end up at the shelter. Oh no. He loves me. He will do anything I say.

You know how it ended. Dog at the county shelter like all the rest of the big untrained dogs.

Pitties need an active owner. Bored they can be destructive.

We have a Pit/German Shorthaired Pointer mix (vet guess). Its like having a pit with long legs. The dog is FAST. And can stand flat-footed and jump straight up and be looking me in the eye. We control him when he gets excited. That is one key. I love his exuberance, but it is best done outside. If either of us yells "Ow", he stops and is obviously sorry.
This was a fairly tall pit. Beautiful grey-brown, perfect coat, perfect musculature, a real looker. When he jumped toward my face, I was standing up again. He got about chin high, and I am 5'11". You can tell he is bored and playful over there, throwing his big feed pan in the air and catching it or chasing it. I am certain, I could make a really good dog of CJ, but in his playful state, Lexie wouldn't stand for, especially if the granddaughters were over.

They have it in there. I's called TERRIER. The trick is keeping YOU as the boss. They're sweet enough until challenged by another animal with more than 2 legs. Then, it's on !

They have it in there. I's called TERRIER. The trick is keeping YOU as the boss. They're sweet enough until challenged by another animal with more than 2 legs. Then, it's on !

Very true. Their temperament is great. But their high pain tolerance and jaw strength make them able to do great harm when they play.

Yes, they need a strong owner. Or at least one that makes sure they understand you are the Alpha.

Our pittie mix has not reacted to challenges by other dogs. He thinks it is play time. But if they do, the other animal is in trouble.

But most dogs will respond to a challenge. I had a Miniature Pinscher who was the alpha female from Hell. She challenged or attacked every dog she ever met. Little skinny thing. But when went from calm to Tasmanian Devil in less than a second.

Yesterday was dog time again. That is good, that I can walk the dog sometimes, but dont have any responsibilities because Im not the owner, I just walk him.

Yesterday was dog time again. That is good, that I can walk the dog sometimes, but dont have any responsibilities because Im not the owner, I just walk him.

The interesting new thing, is that I said "sit" to him and he "sits" you dont hear my voice but check 1.19minute and 1.57minute around that time, two times he sits when i say "sit". He might be a pitbull but not aggressive at all, very friendly and nice dog. In the car when he was transported, he doesnt even bark or anything, he is very "good".

My friend said he is mixed, but i think he has something from a bulldog or pitbull?

My feeling is that you definitely have Bulldog DNA and you should register yourself with a Kennel Club .
But for God's sake do not start "singing" when you are paraded in the show ring .

Forum List

Back