Does Individualism have any value?

SobieskiSavedEurope

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2017
Putnam Lake, NY raised, Pawling, NY resident.
Nero Fiddled as Rome burned.
- Basically the Individualist mentality, as long as I got mine, who cares about the societal collective.

To me Individualism has absolutely no value. To put the needs of yourself over the greater societal issues.

Individualists typically don't seem to be aware of societal issues very much, it's like they lack greater awareness, both in terms of moral principles, and greater understanding.

Individualists don't seem to understand that there's a need to solve serious issues, or else you're left with junk.

Individualism tends to not value cultural aspirations, the environment, the poor, and suffering.

Basically Individualism is about "Me, Mine, and Now"

Individualism truly belongs in the trash can of history.

Golly, you must have been hoarding for quite some time to have accumulated such a massive stash of straw.

strawman2.jpg

- Basically the Individualist mentality, as long as I got mine, who cares about the societal collective.

To me Individualism has absolutely no value. To put the needs of yourself over the greater societal issues.

Individualists typically don't seem to be aware of societal issues very much, it's like they lack greater awareness, both in terms of moral principles, and greater understanding.

Individualists don't seem to understand that there's a need to solve serious issues, or else you're left with junk.

Individualism tends to not value cultural aspirations, the environment, the poor, and suffering.

So you have given up all your property to the collective?

You have nothing that you own right?

Because ownership of personal property is individualism.

• Banned

Extreme Collectivism is bad too.

Still, Extreme Individualism is the worst.

An Extreme form of Individualism would say do not judge murderers, don't judge violent invaders, don't care about the poor, don't care about destruction of the environment, don't care about culture, just live for the Individual, and judge as Individuals.

I swear that extreme Individualists are probably Autistic or something, not grasping that there are groups, or collectives, and more than just Individual aspirations.

An Extreme form of Individualism would say do not judge murderers, don't judge violent invaders, don't care about the poor, don't care about destruction of the environment, don't care about culture, just live for the Individual, and judge as Individuals.

I swear that extreme Individualists are probably Autistic or something, not grasping that there are groups, or collectives, and more than just Individual aspirations.
You're well on your way to building an entire brigade of straw men.....Good job.

Straw Man Examples

Humans have been collectivists since the beginning.
What has that gotten us? Death. Oppression. Discrimination by the state. Abuse of power.
Individualism is progress. Choice is progress.
Statism is regressive.
It's time for the human to grow up and realize people are happier when they can be who they want and what they want.

• Banned
What has that gotten us? Death. Oppression. Discrimination by the state. Abuse of power.
Statism is regressive.
It's time for the human to grow up and realize people are happier when they can be who they want and what they want.

Hmm, as if the most Individualist populations AKA British in the UK, USA, Australia, and Canada are for less death, and oppression?

Really? Rather than being one of the most benign, Brits are one of the most oppressive, war mongering, slave crazed, and genocidal regimes of all time.

Statism is regressive.

Hmm, as if the most Individualist populations AKA British in the UK, USA, Australia, and Canada are for less death, and oppression?

Really? Rather than being one of the most benign, Brits are one of the most oppressive, war mongering, slave crazed, and genocidal regimes of all time.
Lol Brits are statists.
Thanks for proving my point, genius.

Govt is always the problem.
With liberty, you dont need a big govt.
This thread is stupid.

Hang on while I run to catch up to your goal posts

Statism is regressive.

Cooperation is not collectivism.

Statism is regressive.

Lol Brits are statists.

Brits / British America fall as the most individualistic groups.

This thread is stupid.

Government is always the problem?

So, illegal immigrants, and Islamic refugees flooding our borders in mass, is from Big Government?

So, people dying from lack of healthcare, is from Big Government?

So, the environmental decay, and destruction, is from Big Government?

Without government, there would be legalized Abortion, legalized Illicit drugs, legalized crime.

This thread is stupid.

So, illegal immigrants, and Islamic refugees flooding our borders in mass, is from Big Government?

Without government, there would be legalized Abortion, legalized Illicit drugs, legalized crime.
The illegal problem is a fault of the govt.
Lack of healthcare is an individual problem.
Environmental destruction is greed.
I dont want complete anarchy. I want a constitutional govt. In other words, a very weak fed gov and strong states.

Statism is regressive.

Lol Brits are statists.

Brits / British America fall as the most individualistic groups.
And it still lacks in a very VERY big way.
Brits are statist as fuck. They have a guy getting sued because he wouldnt fuck a guy. Give me a break dude..

This thread is stupid.

I dont want complete anarchy. I want a constitutional govt. In other words, a very weak fed gov and strong states.

Not really, the government NOT acting against illegal immigration is the issue.

This thread is stupid.

Not really, the government NOT acting against illegal immigration is the issue.
Ok, read what I said again and think this time.

New Topics

Forum List

Back