Does God hear idiots?

anotherlife

Gold Member
Nov 17, 2012
Cross-Atlantic
Does God sort out your garbled thoughts and consider what you really mean to pray for if you are stupid?

At church there is this mental guy who can never speak a straight thought, well he is mental. The other day he wanted to pray for his sister who is very pregnant and will give birth in a few days. But halfway through his prayer he started to talk about cats and dogs and how dogs will bite her and so on.

Will God consider that his idea was to pray for the well being of his sister and not for dogs biting her?

What do you think?

Does God sort out your garbled thoughts and consider what you really mean to pray for if you are stupid?

At church there is this mental guy who can never speak a straight thought, well he is mental. The other day he wanted to pray for his sister who is very pregnant and will give birth in a few days. But halfway through his prayer he started to talk about cats and dogs and how dogs will bite her and so on.

Will God consider that his idea was to pray for the well being of his sister and not for dogs biting her?

What do you think?
Why wouldn't your God understand idiots? Wouldn't he understand all languages? Is your God some kind of bigot?

What do you think?
are you asking because your prayers are never answered?.........just askin.....

What do you think?
What kinds of prayers does God answer and how does He decide about them? I think if I went and prayed to Him for something totally stupid, He would punish me.

What do you think?
What kinds of prayers does God answer and how does He decide about them? I think if I went and prayed to Him for something totally stupid, He would punish me.
i am the wrong guy to ask.....but this man will give you the answers you seek.........
upload_2015-11-29_16-14-10.jpeg

Prayer is useful to the person doing it whatever their intelligence, because it uplifts their minds toward God. But I do not believe that God's mind could possibly allow itself to be cluttered with billions of self serving prayers.

What do you think?

Reminds me of the South Park episode about 'Timmy' who being in a wheelchair and unable to say anything except his name, may go to Hell for not being able to confess his sins.

Scripturally, praying is to be done aloud. It's widely accepted though it can be done silently, yet has no Scriptural support. So if a person can't pray out loud clearly, or confess their sins, they may have a problem as far as their religions are concerned.

Romans 8
26 In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans.

Yeah, He knows what we're trying to say, even when we can't put it in words.

11312714_817098405005996_4940136120244799868_o.jpg

Think about this: Our Father in Heaven is all knowing. He knows everything that their is to know in the universe. Everything. There is no one more intelligent than He is.

Not only that, but even the most brilliant man in the world barely knows a fraction of what there is to know. We know as much as a child knows to an adult.

The fact is, compared to God, we can all be seen as idiots. Though I think we are more like children. We haven't learned enough yet.

Yet He still takes the time to listen to us. Do you really think someone with mental issues really sounds dumber than any of the rest of us?

What do you think?

I think anyone who thinks they have an invisible friend in the sky watching each and every move they make is in worse shape than the guy you describe so what difference does it make?

Forum List

Back