Does God Exist?

The short answer: No. We're born, we live, we die. That's it. There is no intelligence controlling the universe.

The truthful answer is yes. God's existence is proven more by the fanaticism of unbelievers than all the scientific evidence ever collected. Thomas Jefferson, who the non-believers falsely claim as one of their own once remarked: "But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no God. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.

Apparently the existence of God threatens you and your personal agenda. Otherwise, it wouldn't make a difference and you would never have started this thread. There are other things to fret over in this life. Unbelievers want to force their "non-belief" onto others to the point that they will use force, demagogue the issue by using the worst interpretations (i.e. Eve never ate an apple nor had a conversation with a snake); start petty arguments on discussion boards wherein they lose any pretend debate, but try to claim they "won" by having board trolls and their sockpuppets post hundreds of idiotic posts that are easily refuted, but unbelievers hold to that maxim that it is easier to believe a lie that is told a thousand times. They're still lying - lying to themselves and lying to those they hope to convert. They would do well to have some serious introspection and ask themselves what their end game is in starting the argument.

In many instances, these people think God let them down personally due to bad interpretations of the Bible, putting their faith in sinners, and / or relying on organized religion for the answers. I see these kinds of threads as pleas for help by desperate people that want someone to prove to them the obvious.
An odd notion to suggest that your gods' existence is proven because non-believers don't believe,

Therefore, Krishna is proven because you don't believe in Krishna.

Odin is thus proven.... well you made the argument. Enjoy.

If there were a substantial number of people who obsessed day and night continually worried about those things, you might have a point. But, they don't. Atheists don't have umpteen threads on various discussion boards challenging Krishna, Buddha, Odin or any other psuedo - gods. Their sole focus is on Christianity. If you fear only one God that much and it causes you to get your panties in a bunch, then you have to apply Jefferson's words to your obsession: "But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no God. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.

It must do atheists some kind of injury for Christians to say there is a God. It's the only God they start daily threads about. The other gods you mention never get their own insult laced threads on a daily basis. Then again, we both know why.
If you look through the threads in this forum, I think you will find that Christianity is the represented religion. That kinda' is what one would expect on a US based message board. If the Krishna, Buddha, Odin (or the no longer breathing) David Koresh worshippers were opening threads hailing the supremacy of their gods, folks would react to them, also.

I think most people get it. Christianity is a proselytizing religion and there is no shortage of the bible thumping, hair on fire, street corner screaming proselytizers in this forum. Lets remember that this is a public message board. When you post comments, you should assume that not everyone is going to agree with your opinions. Most importantly, when the religious types willfully and maliciously post misrepresentations and falsehoods, there are those who will counter that with knowledge and reason.

Remember, the gods are on my side.

Oh such arrogance! You don't read too well and would do to take a course in remedial reading. A Christian didn't start this thread; an atheist did. It is not response to anything. It is mere click bait. And hate to burst your bubble, but you do not hold a monopoly on the truth. Far from it. At the end of the day, when all the smoke and mirrors are gone and the dust settled, you lose.
I can understand your religion can be a wellspring of hatred but you choose to post in these threads. If you can't help but revile those who don't accept your uncorroborated appeals to supernaturalism, get a hobby, or a new religion. No, I don't hold a monopoly on truth. That monopoly is usually reserved for the angry religionists who use their religion and their gods like a bloody truncheon as you do with your silly threats.

I can't think of a single thing I lose by not joining the cult of the angry Christians.

You don't even appear to be sober at this juncture. Nothing that I have posted could have been considered as hate. Perhaps in these less than lucid moments you are prone to projecting your real feelings onto others? I've made no appeal to you. I haven't issued any threats. I've assure you that you lost. Now, with the false allegations and straw man arguments you're trying to make, it appears that you have confirmed what is obvious. I didn't come knocking at your door, you came knocking on mine.
I can see yours angry and emotive, Mr, Ambassador to the gods. Not a good look. I'm sure you don't see the anger and projected hate in your posts but they fairly ooze with it.

Realize that not everyone needs an emotional crutch of a father figure to tell us everything is all right and those who don't think like us are evil and base. If you find comfort in stories of supernatural gods who are looking over you, that's fine but I don't think you should presume that loathing those not in "the club" is going to enhance your Ambassadorship with the gods.

Grasping at straws by projecting I see. You should read your own posts. You're the one that is stoned or drunk, making outrageous claims. Angry? I'm laughing at you while imaging your frustration because you've failed to get even a cross word out of me. I find your posts to be amusing. That is no joke. So, tell me one thing. Who are you trying to convince of your opinion? Other people or yourself?

If I needed an emotional crutch, I'd be smoking weed. Instead I enjoy good health by following the dietary guidelines in the Bible. It appears you would benefit as well. You cannot interpret the written word too well OR you just aren't good at reading emotions like you think you are. If you can make me mad, you'll be the first to know it. Meanwhile, you seem to have reserved your hate for Christians. It's unfortunate. Some people get mixed up in the wrong interpretation of the Bible; their experiences are with those who are stuck on pet theories and are not willing to debate their brethren - you either accept that church's doctrine or hit the road. Unfortunately, churches attract some of the worst people in the world. That's all the more reason a good church is necessary. There might be a whole host of reasons that you harbor the intolerance you do, but can never take away from truths that you suspect have merit. That scares you so you are projecting those weaknesses into your posts. I'm just bringing you back to reality. So you're going to have to do better than straw man arguments, projecting, shotgun argument fallacies, amateurish attempts at silly mind games.

You don't need any of that to interact with me.

If I had threatened you as you claim, you'd have reported it. You didn't. So, it would be YOU that was considering a threat.

The short answer: No. We're born, we live, we die. That's it. There is no intelligence controlling the universe.

The truthful answer is yes. God's existence is proven more by the fanaticism of unbelievers than all the scientific evidence ever collected. Thomas Jefferson, who the non-believers falsely claim as one of their own once remarked: "But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no God. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.

Apparently the existence of God threatens you and your personal agenda. Otherwise, it wouldn't make a difference and you would never have started this thread. There are other things to fret over in this life. Unbelievers want to force their "non-belief" onto others to the point that they will use force, demagogue the issue by using the worst interpretations (i.e. Eve never ate an apple nor had a conversation with a snake); start petty arguments on discussion boards wherein they lose any pretend debate, but try to claim they "won" by having board trolls and their sockpuppets post hundreds of idiotic posts that are easily refuted, but unbelievers hold to that maxim that it is easier to believe a lie that is told a thousand times. They're still lying - lying to themselves and lying to those they hope to convert. They would do well to have some serious introspection and ask themselves what their end game is in starting the argument.

In many instances, these people think God let them down personally due to bad interpretations of the Bible, putting their faith in sinners, and / or relying on organized religion for the answers. I see these kinds of threads as pleas for help by desperate people that want someone to prove to them the obvious.
An odd notion to suggest that your gods' existence is proven because non-believers don't believe,

If there were a substantial number of people who obsessed day and night continually worried about those things, you might have a point. But, they don't. Atheists don't have umpteen threads on various discussion boards challenging Krishna, Buddha, Odin or any other psuedo - gods. Their sole focus is on Christianity. If you fear only one God that much and it causes you to get your panties in a bunch, then you have to apply Jefferson's words to your obsession: "But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no God. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.

It must do atheists some kind of injury for Christians to say there is a God. It's the only God they start daily threads about. The other gods you mention never get their own insult laced threads on a daily basis. Then again, we both know why.
If you look through the threads in this forum, I think you will find that Christianity is the represented religion. That kinda' is what one would expect on a US based message board. If the Krishna, Buddha, Odin (or the no longer breathing) David Koresh worshippers were opening threads hailing the supremacy of their gods, folks would react to them, also.

I think most people get it. Christianity is a proselytizing religion and there is no shortage of the bible thumping, hair on fire, street corner screaming proselytizers in this forum. Lets remember that this is a public message board. When you post comments, you should assume that not everyone is going to agree with your opinions. Most importantly, when the religious types willfully and maliciously post misrepresentations and falsehoods, there are those who will counter that with knowledge and reason.

Oh such arrogance! You don't read too well and would do to take a course in remedial reading. A Christian didn't start this thread; an atheist did. It is not response to anything. It is mere click bait. And hate to burst your bubble, but you do not hold a monopoly on the truth. Far from it. At the end of the day, when all the smoke and mirrors are gone and the dust settled, you lose.
I can understand your religion can be a wellspring of hatred but you choose to post in these threads. If you can't help but revile those who don't accept your uncorroborated appeals to supernaturalism, get a hobby, or a new religion. No, I don't hold a monopoly on truth. That monopoly is usually reserved for the angry religionists who use their religion and their gods like a bloody truncheon as you do with your silly threats.

I can't think of a single thing I lose by not joining the cult of the angry Christians.

You don't even appear to be sober at this juncture. Nothing that I have posted could have been considered as hate. Perhaps in these less than lucid moments you are prone to projecting your real feelings onto others? I've made no appeal to you. I haven't issued any threats. I've assure you that you lost. Now, with the false allegations and straw man arguments you're trying to make, it appears that you have confirmed what is obvious. I didn't come knocking at your door, you came knocking on mine.
I can see yours angry and emotive, Mr, Ambassador to the gods. Not a good look. I'm sure you don't see the anger and projected hate in your posts but they fairly ooze with it.

Realize that not everyone needs an emotional crutch of a father figure to tell us everything is all right and those who don't think like us are evil and base. If you find comfort in stories of supernatural gods who are looking over you, that's fine but I don't think you should presume that loathing those not in "the club" is going to enhance your Ambassadorship with the gods.

Grasping at straws by projecting I see. You should read your own posts. You're the one that is stoned or drunk, making outrageous claims. Angry? I'm laughing at you while imaging your frustration because you've failed to get even a cross word out of me. I find your posts to be amusing. That is no joke. So, tell me one thing. Who are you trying to convince of your opinion? Other people or yourself?

If I needed an emotional crutch, I'd be smoking weed. Instead I enjoy good health by following the dietary guidelines in the Bible. It appears you would benefit as well. You cannot interpret the written word too well OR you just aren't good at reading emotions like you think you are. If you can make me mad, you'll be the first to know it. Meanwhile, you seem to have reserved your hate for Christians. It's unfortunate. Some people get mixed up in the wrong interpretation of the Bible; their experiences are with those who are stuck on pet theories and are not willing to debate their brethren - you either accept that church's doctrine or hit the road. Unfortunately, churches attract some of the worst people in the world. That's all the more reason a good church is necessary. There might be a whole host of reasons that you harbor the intolerance you do, but can never take away from truths that you suspect have merit. That scares you so you are projecting those weaknesses into your posts. I'm just bringing you back to reality. So you're going to have to do better than straw man arguments, projecting, shotgun argument fallacies, amateurish attempts at silly mind games.

If I had threatened you as you claim, you'd have reported it. You didn't. So, it would be YOU that was considering a threat.
That was some projection. That tirade reeks of you proselytizing to yourself.

Let go of the hate you harbor for the kuffar. You can't convert to fears and superstition those who use reason and rationality as a worldview. It's unfortunate that the most intolerant people often use their religion as a reason to buttress their intolerance.

I would suggest some self-examination and retrospection to see if you can let go of the hate, self-hate that consumes you.

That was some projection. That tirade reeks of you proselytizing to yourself.

Let go of the hate you harbor for the kuffar. You can't convert to fears and superstition those who use reason and rationality as a worldview. It's unfortunate that the most intolerant people often use their religion as a reason to buttress their intolerance.

I would suggest some self-examination and retrospection to see if you can let go of the hate, self-hate that consumes you.

Yep. You are projecting out of fear. This conversation is a waste of bandwidth.

Like most people, I sometimes think about the nature of existence. That's why I started this thread. I'm not threatened by the existence of God. If He is real, He doesn't need me to approve or disapprove. I just don't believe He is real. It's as simple as that. But I would argue that YOU are threatened by the idea that God DOESN'T exist. I'm not trying to "win" anything. I'm just posting my belief that God doesn't exist, and humanity would be better off if they believed that. If you disagree, that's OK. I don't know anything about board trolls or sockpuppets. I'm a real person with my own opinions.

the heart of this debate is whether or not the material world was created by spirit.
No.

Debate over.

No way to tell who is right. Debate over.
Create a living thing from a mineral------ any mineral. I'll let you choose.
OK, just give me 500,000 years or so. I'll come up with something. (In case you don't get it, that's about how long it took single-celled life to appear on the Earth. And it took another 3,000,000,000 years before multi-cellular life evolved. Do you have any conception of how long that is?)

This thread did not insult God. I simply asked the question, "Does God exist?" So stop whining.

Life sucks, then you die

View attachment 341638

No. Life sucks for you, then you die, sleep for a bit, and then you suffer forever.
Why would a just God punish me for all eternity for my sincere belief that He doesn't exist? What's up with that?

You reap what you sow. Satan gets you and your soul.

All explained here -- Chick.com: Contract!, The.
If that's what YOUR God would do, then I will happily go off to Hell. Of course, I won't really, because neither Heaven nor Hell actually exist, but whatever...

There is no God, never was, not one, not many; there is merely nature and the universe. That's all we have to go on in this world.

The Bible says there is but one God. And your credentials to sway my opinion on the matter are?????
So, you're holding up the Bible as the ultimate credential? Based on what? Hundreds of years of tradition? That doesn't make any of it true. The Bible ought to be subject to the same examination as any other book, and as such, some of it may be history, and some of it may be legend.

Wow! 69 pages of thinking! How great is that? Even if I don't agree with some of it, what a fabulous discussion! Thanks to everyone who posted, or even read some of it.

I just read it like it is which is ancient man's answers to the origin questions.
One of them, anyway.
I'd say more than one.
I'd say more than one.
you are so innocent bing ...

Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
is the above propaganda a forgery or not ... not the religious itinerant, what the 4th century crucifiers claim they said.

- also is the stardust a composite with a spiritual content.

Like most people, I sometimes think about the nature of existence. That's why I started this thread. I'm not threatened by the existence of God. If He is real, He doesn't need me to approve or disapprove. I just don't believe He is real. It's as simple as that. But I would argue that YOU are threatened by the idea that God DOESN'T exist. I'm not trying to "win" anything. I'm just posting my belief that God doesn't exist, and humanity would be better off if they believed that. If you disagree, that's OK. I don't know anything about board trolls or sockpuppets. I'm a real person with my own opinions.

I'm not afraid of anything. I'm the only person on this board that says I might not agree with a damn thing you say, but I'd fight to the death for your Right to say it. But, sorry, your friends lost any pretend debate and you cannot point to any sentence I've posted that even gives a hint of fear OR intolerance.

This thread did not insult God. I simply asked the question, "Does God exist?" So stop whining.

You're an idiot. Pointing out simple facts isn't whining. You asked a question. I answered it. The rest of my posts are directed at the specific posters that wanted an exchange.

There is no God, never was, not one, not many; there is merely nature and the universe. That's all we have to go on in this world.

The Bible says there is but one God. And your credentials to sway my opinion on the matter are?????
So, you're holding up the Bible as the ultimate credential? Based on what? Hundreds of years of tradition? That doesn't make any of it true. The Bible ought to be subject to the same examination as any other book, and as such, some of it may be history, and some of it may be legend.

Well, if you're going to post a straw man argument with a rhetorical question that you answered, it appears that YOU have some fear that I won't repeat what you've heard in the past.

New Topics

Forum List

Back