Does God Exist?

I believe God DOES actually exist. Maybe not in a physical sense, but in the heart and mind of one who believes in that existence. I have a strong belief in God, I pray several times a day. Each time I do this, I feel more at ease of mind, and better about the world around me. It gives me strength and hope for a better future.
If it helps you, that's fine.

I believe God DOES actually exist. Maybe not in a physical sense, but in the heart and mind of one who believes in that existence. I have a strong belief in God, I pray several times a day. Each time I do this, I feel more at ease of mind, and better about the world around me. It gives me strength and hope for a better future.
If it helps you, that's fine.
Yep, it SURE does. Thank you, Bruce.

The short answer: No. We're born, we live, we die. That's it. There is no intelligence controlling the universe.

Soon enough, you'll stand before Him, to be judged with what you've done with your life. You'll have the chance to tell Him, to His face, that He doesn't exist. I wonder if He'll find it amusing.

I consider this to be a meaningless question since it can never be definitively answered.

The better question is: What benefit is in a belief in God?

At it's best religion can acomplish miracles of human kindness and promote social cohesiveness better than any government. At it's worst you get inquisitions, child molestation and planes crashing into buildings.

The short answer: No. We're born, we live, we die. That's it. There is no intelligence controlling the universe.

Soon enough, you'll stand before Him, to be judged with what you've done with your life. You'll have the chance to tell Him, to His face, that He doesn't exist. I wonder if He'll find it amusing.

Probably...if he has a sense of humour.

Wrong answer. Atheist are usually wrong.

0001_02.gif
0001_03.gif

Anyway, you can take it up with Jesus on Judgement Day.

It's very obvious you believe in God more even than the most rolling holiest. You must spend nearly every waking moment talking to God, thinking about God, trying to convince yourself He does not exist. In fact, thoughts of God rule your existence. Fitting, I'd say for someone so in need of a pacifier. But, to answer your question . . . you knew the truth before you posted, as your typing it out was interrupted by thoughts of . . . sure enough . . . God. "Real" atheists are the least entertaining, all that time they spend struggling against God's Word within them, begging other people to repeatedly reassure them God is still there. Cease denial and come clean. If you're man enough.

0001_02.gif
0001_03.gif

If comics are proof of the existence of G-d, would they likewise be proof of the existence of other things?

250px-HowardTheDuck-1.jpg

0001_02.gif
0001_03.gif

If comics are proof of the existence of G-d, would they likewise be proof of the existence of other things?

View attachment 327220

Haha. The comic is an easy way to get the existence of God and Christianity across to non-believers. It isn't completely accurate, but it gets the general idea across. With atheists, I've found that they have to repent their atheism first. I think it's hard for them to have faith in God because their atheism gets in the way. Thus, even if they pray, God does not come. They're not being open minded and sincere in their prayer.

The better question is: What benefit is in a belief in God?

The benefit is believing in Jesus as our Savior means you're not an atheist. That means you'll receive not only short-term happiness, but long-term joy. Otherwise, you end up as an unhappy negative person like our OP.
Belief can also mean that you are an easy mark for fake holy men with all too earthly agendas. It's apparently like walking a minefield to have faith and be appropirately skeptical of con-men with God in their mouths and the devil in their hearts.

New Topics

Forum List

Back