Does beauty matter to an actress?

I've always had the "hots" for Maggie Smith as The Dowager...

MV5BY2E3ODE4YWYtODA5ZS00NjRiLTg2Y2QtZGEzOWJiMDZhZjVjXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjUyNDk2ODc@._V1_.jpg

When it comes to actors, their makeup artist can make them look like goddesses or bridge trolls ,depending on the character they are playing. The pic on post 1 is what was considered attractive for that period in the past. The actress herself I am sure looks different from how she is made up to look.
What you say here reminds me of a film that Matthew McConaughey did a few years ago and his role was a person who was hit with aids. Therefore, his appearance was altered as much as possible to look like such a character.

God bless you and him always!!!

Holly

What you say here reminds me of a film that Matthew McConaughey did a few years ago and his role was a person who was hit with aids. Therefore, his appearance was altered as much as possible to look like such a character.

God bless you and him always!!!

Holly
Dallas Buyers Club.

When you get her out of that downtown abby get up, she looks nice,

1629402005449.png

I did not say that Michele Dockery is ugly. What I said is that there is nothing physically or in her character that supports the notion that every available male aristocrat would fall immediately in love with her - which is a main story line in Downton Abbey. They should have found a beautiful actress, and they didn't.

And this is the true even though they used every tool in the book to make her look as attractive as possible. But it didn't work.

As has been noted above, the British are less focused on physical beauty than American casting directors are.

New Topics

Forum List

Back