Zone1 Does anyone object to the use of abortion pills to terminate pregnancies before 10 weeks?

MarathonMike

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2014
The Southwestern Desert
If you terminate prior to 10 weeks that virtually guarantees no fetal heartbeat. Does anyone have a problem with greatly expanding the availability and promoting the use of emergency contraceptives a.k.a morning after pills a.k.a abortion pills prior to 10 weeks fetal development?

No, I don't really have a problem with it.

I don't like the 10 weeks aspect of it.

However, the Morning after pill should be available to any woman who wants it, provided she can pay for it.

NONE of these kinds of abortifacients should be paid for by the taxpayer.

However, the Morning after pill should be available to any woman who wants it, provided she can pay for it.

Agree, and in any event, I don't see how their use could be practically prohibited.

If you terminate prior to 10 weeks that virtually guarantees no fetal heartbeat. Does anyone have a problem with greatly expanding the availability and promoting the use of emergency contraceptives a.k.a morning after pills a.k.a abortion pills prior to 10 weeks fetal development?

There can be no compromise with child killers.

Does anybody NOT object to it?

I remember very well the controversy over trying to introduce the abortion pill, called then the morning after pill. But now it's not the morning after pill; it's the 10 week pill.

If I get the chance, even though I protested and wrote letters against it at the time, I will apologize to God and those babies, and hope for forgiveness, for not having fought even harder to keep this evil thing out of our society.

Agree, and in any event, I don't see how their use could be practically prohibited.
Agreed, and any state that tries to come down hard on such medication or by criminalizing a woman's choice to travel to a state where abortion is legal will cause more harm than good. I think it is enough that states now have the right to refuse to allow late-term abortions on their territory. Imprisoning women for seeking abortions will just change the public sentiment against the pro-life crowd.

Agreed, and any state that tries to come down hard on such medication or by criminalizing a woman's choice to travel to a state where abortion is legal will cause more harm than good. I think it is enough that states now have the right to refuse to allow late-term abortions on their territory. Imprisoning women for seeking abortions will just change the public sentiment against the pro-life crowd.
Just so, Esdraelon, sensible as always. Here's an example of someone not being very sensible, but, then, she's a lefty:

There is so much general ignorance about morning after v. abortion pills. I don't blame anyone for this because it's all very confusing.

So the morning after pill does not cause an abortion. It floods the woman's body with hormones so that implantation does not occur. If implantation does not occur there is no pregnancy in the first place. She will have a period, presumably, and life goes on.

An abortion pill--RU 486--aborts a known pregnancy where implantation has been established and the embryo/fetus is developing. The woman will expel the fetus at home. I am morally opposed to this because it is an abortion, whether pre- or post- 10 weeks.

There is so much general ignorance about morning after v. abortion pills. I don't blame anyone for this because it's all very confusing.

So the morning after pill does not cause an abortion. It floods the woman's body with hormones so that implantation does not occur. If implantation does not occur there is no pregnancy in the first place. She will have a period, presumably, and life goes on.

An abortion pill--RU 486--aborts a known pregnancy where implantation has been established and the embryo/fetus is developing. The woman will expel the fetus at home. I am morally opposed to this because it is an abortion, whether pre- or post- 10 weeks.

Does the morning after pill stop fertilization of the egg?

Does the morning after pill stop fertilization of the egg?

It delays ovulation, thickens the mucus in the cervical wall and can prevent implantation, yes. So yes, there is a small chance there could be a fertilized ovum that never implants if you take Plan B. Some people feel this is also the case with IUDs and with certain birth control pills.

I respect your opinion and your knowledge on this issue. I am just very concerned that if as a country we cannot find some sort of compromise on abortion, it will be a source of perpetual division and violence. A wide expansion of birth control and "abortion pills" into states with very restrictive abortion laws at least gives women some other options. From what I have read, over half of the "abortions" are via the use of pills and not a physical doctor assisted abortion.

I respect your opinion and your knowledge on this issue. I am just very concerned that if as a country we cannot find some sort of compromise on abortion, it will be a source of perpetual division and violence. A wide expansion of birth control and "abortion pills" into states with very restrictive abortion laws at least gives women some other options. From what I have read, over half of the "abortions" are via the use of pills and not a physical doctor assisted abortion.

Women in states with no more abortion procedures will surely be able to get the abortion pill even still, online, virtually and through other means. I'm not sure to what extent we can or should go to prohibit that. But to me once the embryo is implanted and is developing, it's a unique human life and anything that purposely disrupts that cycle is an abortion--the pregnancy is literally "aborted".

I know what you mean about clinging to the perfect can destroy the good--or however that phrase goes. That's why, though I'm not 100% comfortable with it, I'm reluctantly okay with the morning after pill. If we have to concede the slight chance that a fertilized egg (but still a non-pg, since it' not implanted) might be expelled so that a woman doesn't abort a developing human....okay. Not great. But okay.

I am just very concerned that if as a country we cannot find some sort of compromise on abortion, it will be a source of perpetual division and violence.

I thought that was the whole point, that those in power wanted it to do that

I disagree

Taxpayers are expected to support unwanted babies

WIC
FOOD STAMPS
ETC

Some states are legislating their pseudo science and defining personhood. Saying personhood is at fertilization.
These pills, even IUDs, would have the mother take a murder charge.
Thats where we are. A woman cant even make a mistake in some backward ass states!

New Topics

Forum List

Back