Does anyone make homemade ice cream?

Put in a small pack of instant pudding with the basic vanilla recipe. I like the banana. Smoother product with less ice crystals.

I had some at my friend’s place. It was good, but not as good as the ice cream you buy from the supermarket

Yes, vanilla is the base but I hate plain vanilla so I make strawberry or chocolate....With plain old sugar...
Me too. My strawberries are usually ready harvest starting around mid June and I make strawberry/chocolate ice cream.

I used to make mulberry ice cream too, until my mulberry tree got knocked over by a tornado several years ago.

Yes, vanilla is the base but I hate plain vanilla so I make strawberry or chocolate....With plain old sugar...
Me too. My strawberries are usually ready harvest starting around mid June and I make strawberry/chocolate ice cream.

I used to make mulberry ice cream too, until my mulberry tree got knocked over by a tornado several years ago.
You can have one of mine I have many and I also use black berries ready in July.

Yes but not lately. Used to have lots eggs and they were made into a custard icecream. Vanilla is my fav. Top pic is an old "hit and miss" engine powering 2 makers. When one is done, disconnect belt and serve it :)

3abda0ac6214bfd21c65287a7732da76.jpg

Mow-In-26.jpg

172420d1280151990-cool-rare-attachments-farmall-ice-cream-jpg

mqdefault.jpg

Yes but not lately. Used to have lots eggs and they were made into a custard icecream. Vanilla is my fav. Top pic is an old "hit and miss" engine powering 2 makers. When one is done, disconnect belt and serve it :)

Thats hilarious!!!
Never thought of using the PTO on a tractor to make ice cream!!!

I think they are all pretty cool. Ingenious the little lawn tractor front PTO. I'm a real fan of "hit and miss" or also called make and break ignition. With cool makers like this, bet they sell out at events.

Is it just plain vanilla or do you have any great ice cream flavors? Do you use sugar substitutes?
Yes we do.... it is awesome.
Vanilla is pretty good if you splurge and use real vanilla beans.
I also brew beer, and make a really good Vanilla Stout... little secret... you split open the beans, cut into small pieces that will fit into a small glass or ramekin...add a couple shots of vodka. The vodka over a few days will extract the vanilla flavor out way more than just using them the usual way. Then remove the beans, squeeze the insides into the vodka, discard the shells and just pour into your ice cream mixture right as you start to churn it. That amount of alcohol will make the ice cream creamier because it lowers the freezing temp and prevents crystals. Also the vanilla flavored vodka taste amazing in the ice cream.
Trust me.

Edit: - Store the vodka/vanilla in the fridge.

Is it just plain vanilla or do you have any great ice cream flavors? Do you use sugar substitutes?
I also brew beer, and make a really good Vanilla Stout... little secret... you split open the beans, cut into small pieces that will fit into a small glass or ramekin...add a couple shots of vodka. The vodka over a few days will extract the vanilla flavor out way more than just using them the usual way. Then remove the beans, squeeze the insides into the vodka, discard the shells and just pour into your ice cream mixture right as you start to churn it. That amount of alcohol will make the ice cream creamier because it lowers the freezing temp and prevents crystals. Also the vanilla flavored vodka taste amazing in the ice cream.
Trust me.

Vodka ice cream sounds great

Trust me.

You can use rum also
Only use a shot or two though anymore and the ice cream won't freeze

Trust me.

You can use rum also
Only use a shot or two though anymore and the ice cream won't freeze

I like vodka better anyway

Forum List

Back