Does anyone here understand the "other side?"

KatarinaZ

Rookie
Jul 17, 2006
My mother was Syrian. I have been there. I love the people and respect their struggle.
I have no sympathy or respect for Israel at all. I think the world would be a much better place without them.
Has anyone here ever taken the time to understand both sides?

KatarinaZ said:
My mother was Syrian. I have been there. I love the people and respect their struggle.
I have no sympathy or respect for Israel at all. I think the world would be a much better place without them.

We have discussed both sides at lenght if you would take the time to read. Why do you pity Syria?

I FULLY understand both sides:

10,000 years ago Jews faught and won their land. Since, Islams have been killing people at random in hopes of winning it back. So far, every attempt has failed. Syria allows Islamic Terrorists to launch attacks at Israel from their homeland.

Israel isn't having it, so they kick the asses of those trying to kill their women and children.

KatarinaZ said:

So essentially you are saying you wish to see the destruction of an entire nation of people, including moms, dads, children...And then you wish for Americans to understand your plight??? I don' think so!!

I knew you did not understand. Allow me to explain.
My mother's family is Syrian. None of them are Muslim. None of them are terrorists or terrorist sympathizers. Saying that all Syrians are Muslims is like saying that all Americans are Christians. Which I know is untrue.
There are a great many terrorist factions in the Middle East. The majority of them are independent of each other. The Syrian government does not speak for all the people. The leaders are despots. They rule by force.
The same thing is currently happening in Lebanon. Hamas and Hizbullah are much greater forces than the Lebanese government. They have money, power and military force that the government does not have.
It happens everywhere. Israel is on a constant struggle to wipe out anyone who is not Jewish. It is awful.

KatarinaZ said:
My mother's family is Syrian. None of them are Muslim. None of them are terrorists or terrorist sympathizers. Saying that all Syrians are Muslims is like saying that all Americans are Christians. Which I know is untrue.
There are a great many terrorist factions in the Middle East. The majority of them are independent of each other. The Syrian government does not speak for all the people. The leaders are despots. They rule by force.
The same thing is currently happening in Lebanon. Hamas and Hizbullah are much greater forces than the Lebanese government. They have money, power and military force that the government does not have.
It happens everywhere. Israel is on a constant struggle to wipe out anyone who is not Jewish. It is awful.

Im sure there are many good people in Syria who wish things were different and don't see the world thru terrorists eyes, at the same time you just said Israelis want to wipe out anyone who is not Jewish...That is a ridiculous statement that terrorists use, and it sounds like you buy into that propaganda. Israel just wants to live peacefully on that timey little scrap of land they are on which is getting less and less by the way since they willingly pulled out of southern Lebanon, and out of the Gaza region so that Palestinains may live in there. In reality it is terrorists who believe that all must be Muslim or they are they are the enemy, and all you need to do is read the Koran.

Anyone who has lived in the Middle East knows that Israel does not wish to live peacefully. There are those in Israel who wish to live peacefully, but they are far outnumbered by the hardliners who wish to wipe out all who oppose them.
I have no interest in reading the Koran. Just as I have no interest in reading the Christian Bible. Both mislead you into thinking that their followers are peaceful. When exactly the opposite is true. There are those of us who dislike both, and wish to live independent of either.

KatarinaZ said:
Anyone who has lived in the Middle East knows that Israel does not wish to live peacefully. There are those in Israel who wish to live peacefully, but they are far outnumbered by the hardliners who wish to wipe out all who oppose them.
I have no interest in reading the Koran. Just as I have no interest in reading the Christian Bible. Both mislead you into thinking that their followers are peaceful. When exactly the opposite is true. There are those of us who dislike both, and wish to live independent of either.

Complain to Iran--it runs Syria.

KatarinaZ said:

Explain to me exactly what Israel has done to even attempt to wipe out everyone who is not Jewish ?!!!

Anyone who believes Syria is run by another country is completely ignorant of the current situation.
What was the cause of the current Israeli assault on Lebanon? Because someone kidnaped a soldier? In West Bank, individuals "disappear" on a regular basis. The Israeli military and secret police regularly terrorize those in other countries. They use military force whenever they see fit.
I have heard since Mr. Bush took office that he wishes to end Global Terrorism. Yet he himself sanctions terror operations by other countries.

KatarinaZ said:
Anyone who believes Syria is run by another country is completely ignorant of the current situation.
What was the cause of the current Israeli assault on Lebanon? Because someone kidnaped a soldier? In West Bank, individuals "disappear" on a regular basis. The Israeli military and secret police regularly terrorize those in other countries. They use military force whenever they see fit.
I have heard since Mr. Bush took office that he wishes to end Global Terrorism. Yet he himself sanctions terror operations by other countries.
:trolls:

KatarinaZ said:

Except you are ignorant of fact and reality. Israel defends itself - and takes that seriously. If Syria and Hezbollah would stop doing this shit, Israel would be very happy to keep to themselves...that's all they've ever asked for.

Welcome to the board.

I have one trait that conservatives on any internet message board share: When you disagree with them, you are a "troll."

KatarinaZ said:
I have one trait that conservatives on any internet message board share: When you disagree with them, you are a "troll."

no no no - When you join a mostly-conservative board, and start insulting and preaching and otherwise acting like an arrogant 15 year old, they start calling you a 'troll'.

Seriously - drop your ego at the door and bring up at least ONE valid, provable point. Watch. :)

KatarinaZ said:

The "other side" as you claim, are not the people Israel is at war with, if they are such the peaceful, nonreligious types.

Israel is at war with militant, extremist Islamists who wish to instill totalitatiran theocracy by means of murder and terror. It is their stated goal to eradicate Israel.

In response to your comment that it would be better if Israel did not exist all I can say is it'd be a WHOLE lot better if murdering fanatics didn't exist.

BTW, I probably have more time in that dirty little sandbox you attempt to romanticize than you do. IMO, it'd be great if NONE of it existed and I STILL cannot fathom anyone wanting to live there.

KatarinaZ said:

How can one person contradict themselves so fully in one paragraph.

You were on a role explaining how Arabs are trapped by despots with the guns in their own nations. then you proceed to call Israel, the one nation in the middle East that isnt a Dictatorship the evil of the world for defending istself against the despots you so accurately described. Which is it? Do you want the Governments of the arab nations to be gone or do you want Israel to be gone?

KatarinaZ said:

i forget....who is attacking syria again?

Syria is a beautiful country with wonderful people. It is certainly not the United States, but it is not a hellhole by any means. The Syrian people do not embrace terrorism. Only the government embraces terrorism.
Hamas, Hizbollah and their ilk are terrorist groups. They respect no nations and no governments. No one controls them but their leaders. Their wealth, military strength and influence far exceeds the governments of Syria and Lebanon. I would love to see a world without Hamas and Hizbollah. I would also love to see a world without Israel. Neither wants peace.

KatarinaZ said:
Syria is a beautiful country with wonderful people. It is certainly not the United States, but it is not a hellhole by any means. The Syrian people do not embrace terrorism. Only the government embraces terrorism.
Hamas, Hizbollah and their ilk are terrorist groups. They respect no nations and no governments. No one controls them but their leaders. Their wealth, military strength and influence far exceeds the governments of Syria and Lebanon. I would love to see a world without Hamas and Hizbollah. I would also love to see a world without Israel. Neither wants peace.

So Syria is a nation of slaves? They allow terrorist groups to control thier destiny?

Why doesn’t the world build a “Great Wall of China” or a Berlin wall? When neighbors can’t get along, they build tall fences. I think that this is what the Palestinians and Israel needs. I don’t know much about the geography of that region, but I think that some type of giant tall and think wall would work. Lets have a demilitarized zone (DMZ) as there is between North Korea and South Korea but with strong walls. I think that you get the idea. Any comments?

Forum List

Back