Does anyone else see the hypocrisy?

SuMar

VIP Member
Mar 16, 2010
I am pro-life. The argument that the liberal pro-choicers go on and on about is that abortion is about choice, (key word). A woman's body is her choice in any decision. Whether she carries a baby to term or not. Choice!! So we are up to speed on that, right? Healthcare reform. So you can go to jail for refusing to purchase healthcare. When one gets sick, they MUST have healthcare to take care of their body. Where does choice fall in here? So choice only works when liberals say it does?

I am pro-life. The argument that the liberal pro-choicers go on and on about is that abortion is about choice, (key word). A woman's body is her choice in any decision. Whether she carries a baby to term or not. Choice!! So we are up to speed on that, right? Healthcare reform. So you can go to jail for refusing to purchase healthcare. When one gets sick, they MUST have healthcare to take care of their body. Where does choice fall in here? So choice only works when liberals say it does?

Leftist logic 101. You betcha!

in all fairness though they will make it where you can purchase you health care in the ambalaaance on the way to the hospital so don't be too rough on them..

So, I'm curious about something. When someone is rushed to the hospital, and it's life threatening, and the said patient gets treated, because no one can get refused, and it's discovered that the person doesn't have insurance, what happens? Do they handcuff the patient to the bed and then take them to jail after the patient is well enough to go?

So, I'm curious about something. When someone is rushed to the hospital, and it's life threatening, and the said patient gets treated, because no one can get refused, and it's discovered that the person doesn't have insurance, what happens? Do they handcuff the patient to the bed and then take them to jail after the patient is well enough to go?

I am imagining a social worker standing by the stretcher, she will then assign the Insurance Co. on call to cover the cost of the patients care. The patient then, may or may not depending on party affiliation be levied a punitive fine for not getting insurance on the way to the hospital. The IRS will be summarily notified to devil the patient to death at which time the question becomes moot!

So prior to this fuck up passing, people could go to emergency rooms and get treated because no one is refused treatment based on ability to pay and yes, joe taxpayer footed the bill.

After this fuck up passing, people can go to the emergency room and get treated because no one is refused treatment based on ability to pay and yes, joe taxpayer is still footing the bill and then some.

Have I got that right?

So prior to this fuck up passing, people could go to emergency rooms and get treated because no one is refused treatment based on ability to pay and yes, joe taxpayer footed the bill.

After this fuck up passing, people can go to the emergency room and get treated because no one is refused treatment based on ability to pay and yes, joe taxpayer is still footing the bill and then some.

Have I got that right?

go to the head of the class.

This is a false analogy: apples and oranges. Move on.

Have I got that right?
Not exactly.
Now people can go to the emergency room and sign up for health insurance while recovering. If they don't have money for the premiums (and they dont because otherwise they would have health insurance) then the gov't will supply health insurance and Joe Taxpayer will pay the premium.
Make mroe sense?
It's kind of the same thing but with more layers of bureaucracy and inefficiency.

Hypocricy? No

It just doesn't make any sense. I realize you were up most the night thinking this up, but it just doesn't work

So, you're not pro-choice on abortion, but you want people to have choice on whether they have healthcare coverage...

...that would also make you a hypocrite by your own standard.

Have I got that right?

Bingo

So, you're not pro-choice on abortion, but you want people to have choice on whether they have healthcare coverage...

And yet, you still can't answer the question from the liberal perspective. Where does "choice" play a part in healthcare? Here's a quick answer, it doesn't. Not everybody is required to get auto insurance. So why should everybody be required to purchase health insurance?

And yet, you still can't answer the question from the liberal perspective. Where does "choice" play a part in healthcare? Here's a quick answer, it doesn't. Not everybody is required to get auto insurance. So why should everybody be required to purchase health insurance?

For that matter, You don't have a "choice" to pay taxes, don't have a "choice" of whether you want to serve on a Jury, you don't have a "choice" of whether you want to drive drunk

Yes SuMar....we are all hypocrits

You want "Big Government" to control a woman's right to choose. You want "Big Government" to control a woman's access to medical care. You want "Big Government" in the Doctor's Offfice. You want "Big Government" to be making decisions best left to Doctor's. You a "Big Government Bureaucrat" to decide what is best for the patient.

You support Big Government.

Your the HYPOCRITE.

Na. Choice works when you guys want your guns too.

Other than that your analogy is a real stretch.

This is a false analogy: apples and oranges. Move on.

This from Jake Torey, the man who wants the colonies returned to their legitimate English overlords.

Forum List

Back