Does Anybody On Here Actually Celebrate Valentine's Day?

A gesture ceases to be a gesture when it become commonplace.

I disagree. I make sure my sweetie knows I love her every day, not just on a single holiday when it is expected.

Flowers on Valentine's Day means he knows he has to do it. Flowers for no reason on a random Tuesday means he was thinking of her and wants her happy.

I do to a point, but I don't think you have to go all extravagant to let your significant other know that you love them. Especially only one day a year. A nice card and a special dinner and some roses is enough for me,.. maybe even a box of chocolates. It means more to me than Saint Patrick's Day, (although I love the true meaning behind it of how Saint Patrick helped lead the Irish to Christ) even though I'm Irish and I love Celtic music, but I don't find it to be one of the more important holidays. Although, Saint Valentine had guts to continue to marry people and wound up getting beheaded because of it.
No.

Today is The Best Chocolate Is Now On Sale Eve.

Men celebrate Valentine's Day ... women are celebrated on Valentine's Day.

Wrong! I celebrated my man today. :) (But I also agree with what WinterBorn is saying that I celebrate him every day.) Anyways, for all of you who do celebrate it, happy Valentine's Day everyone. 🥰

A visitor to Lil Johnnys store asks him, " what's the best present for my love, I have Roses ?"

Well; Lil Johnny says, "Your question only has one answer, Chocolate"

The visitor asks, " How do I know that she even likes Chocolate and will be pleased ?"

Well Lil Johnny thinks for a few moments and says, " Choc - o - late ". 😎

Ah yes, Valentine's Day.
Seems to me is basically about girls/women...guys, not so much.

Wise men, a good life is all about wisdom, should see the Day for what it is, a celebration of love.
Love your sweetheart? single, engaged, married, ...time to show her you do on this Day.
She works...all the other girls/women in her workplace are rejoicing that they received flowers and a present...your sweetheart received nothing...sits alone, feeling not cared about.
Zero wisdom in that.
Flowers, chocolates, dinner...say $150 max. 41cents per day for 12 months. Best 41 cents per day a man could ever spend.
20cents per day for 12 months =$73...buy some nice flowers and a box of chocolates for that much.
20 cents for love! 'average Joe' can afford that if he budgets.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back