What's new
US Message Board 🦅 Political Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does Anybody Actually Even Bathe Their Cat?

OP
FJB

FJB

Diamond Member
Reaction score
She was fine, she just licked her paws for an hour afterwards, lol! We were like 10 and 7, we should have known better, but... boys will be boys.

Reminds me of a song I used to listen to when I was a kid. XD (And yesterday lol) I'm glad that she was alright though. :)

Unkotare

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I just went to get my allergies tested yesterday and I have a minor cat allergy. Minor one tell you and she started blowing things WAY out of proportion. She told me that I should brush my indoor cat outside and give her baths. I told her first of all my cat is strictly indoors because I don't want her going out and accidentally getting hit by a car or something and she doesn't need to go out like a dog. Second of all, she would completely tear me and any of us to pieces if we were to bathe her. Now I realize that sometimes cats need to have baths for certain reasons, but just to bathe a cat just to bathe a cat is a tad bit ridiculous to me. Especially when I'm not even all that allergic to her. :rolleyes:
You can bathe a cat, but you gotta know what you're in for and act accordingly.

Alan Stallion

Civil Rights Advocate
Reaction score
Some of my "victims"...

WetDusty.jpg

Dusty

WetSierra.jpg

Sierra

WetTahoe.jpg

Tahoe

• Thanks
Reactions: FJB

petro

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Only once when I had a cat that hated car rides.
It was so bad the cat crapped all over in the carrier and slid around in it the rest of the drive.
I almost puked in the car it was so bad.
Cat wasn't happy about the bath and neither was I.

OP
FJB

FJB

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Missourian

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I wash him when I can...but after the first time it's been hard to get him into the machine...

Screenshot_20220618-114639-634.png

• Wow
OP
FJB

FJB

Diamond Member
Reaction score
OP
FJB

FJB

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Yes, I just gave fluffy her weekly bath.

C0106688-Self-harm_lacerations_on_the_arm.jpg

Why do you ask?

I almost thought that might possibly really be your arm and then I saw the words in the background lol

EvilCat Breath

Diamond Member
Reaction score
You are probably not allergic to your cat. You are allergic to cat dander. Brush your cat regularly, use cat bath wipes from the pet store and vacuum, vacuum, vacuum, floors, furniture, beds. Especially your bed. Change sheets more frequently.
From a former Pet Groomer

Muhammed

Platinum Member
Reaction score
I just went to get my allergies tested yesterday and I have a minor cat allergy. Minor one tell you and she started blowing things WAY out of proportion. She told me that I should brush my indoor cat outside and give her baths. I told her first of all my cat is strictly indoors because I don't want her going out and accidentally getting hit by a car or something and she doesn't need to go out like a dog. Second of all, she would completely tear me and any of us to pieces if we were to bathe her. Now I realize that sometimes cats need to have baths for certain reasons, but just to bathe a cat just to bathe a cat is a tad bit ridiculous to me. Especially when I'm not even all that allergic to her. :rolleyes:
I did once when my cat got sprayed by a skunk. My grandmother advised me that the best way to get rid of the smell was to give him a bath in tomato juice. It was a really scrappy big tomcat. I duck tapped the cuffs my leather gloves to the cuffs of my jacket, put on my welding mask so he couldn't claw my eyeballs out, shoved him into a washing machine tub out in the garage, dumped tomato juice all over him and scrubbed him down from head to tail with a brush.

Of course he vigorously fought against this treatment, especially when I was scrubbing his ears and nether regions. He was so pissed-off and mad that he sounded like some demon in a sci-fi horror movie or something.

But it worked. Grandma was right. That bath in tomato juice got rid of the skunk spray smell and he was allowed back into our home again.

• Thanks

USMB Server Goals

Total amount
$115.00
Goal
$350.00

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List